1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Some new crysis 2 (cryengine 3) screenshots

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nick259, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    cryengine 3 tech demo http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/686...e-3-GDC-2010-Tech-Demo-Off-Screen/Flash-Video

Here's a new vid showing off their live create feature and a few of the new technologies in crysis 2.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5
    I was looking over at incrysis and saw this new post with some crysis 2 screenshots. I've seen a few before but most of them are new.

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=851&Itemid=1

Some look too polished to be in game (and the nano suit is deffo not in game) but there are some screenshots that have low poly trees and other low poly stuff to suggest in game. these two for example.

EDIT: Newer, less washed out pic have been released, you should check them out they look much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    erocker, r9, overclocking101 and 3 others say thanks.
  2. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    look at all that delicious ssao.. going to be an immersive eye candy experience yes.

3. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Crysis 1 with darker color, and more optimized.

4. RaPiDo987

RaPiDo987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks nice...

5. lucasweir

lucasweir

Thanks Received:
    hopefully more than 1/8 of the gaming community can play this maxed out with current hardware

6. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    Yep it should. They have a video of it running on the ps3 with city settings and the first level from crysis. The first game was unplayable on the consoles but they have optimised it so much that it runs and looks great (looks like like med/high on pic) and those optimisations are for the pc as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbwZwQeGvD8&feature=related Skip to 3 mins to see that crysis level running on the ps3.

EDIT: also check out this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s50zRxny5iw&feature=related

7. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Looks good!

8. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    fap fap fap fap

9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Looks real nice.:)

Lets just hope it can run this time.:laugh:

10. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:
    Cry engine two is just as unoptimized as cry-engine 1 by the way.

Download Planet Calypso ( project entropia) They're not even using high res textures etc and the game runs like arse.

Wait Crysis 2 uses cry engine 3?

Why are they skipping a version?

11. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    Drool...

12. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Cryengine 1: Far Cry

Cryengine 2: Crysis

Cryengine 3: Crysis 2

13. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:
    Ahh okay seems I was just thinking something was new when it wasn't never mind!

Take back previous statement.

I also got confused by farcry 2 using the dunia engine.

14. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    You make that look bad, when it's amazing. :laugh:

The darker color is because the scene happens in the shadows cast by skycrappers. Look at the long shadows, it must be early in the morning. Look at the tall buildings they are well lit and you can tell the direction of light is almost flat in them.

But I have to agree that this technically doesn't look much better that CryEngine 2, it has the same features, etc. It does look better than Crysis the game though, but not the engine. That's not a bad thing actually, Crysis only started to use all the fetures that the engine has, some of them in such relatively low detail that were mostly unnoticed by most people, but they did add the overhead related to them. It was this what made Crysis run "poorly", no the fact that it was badly optimized, it's optimization wasn't worse than any other game, it was in fact better. With an even better optimization and more hardware power to use they are finally able to use the fetures to their full potential, and it shows in the screenies.

a_ump says thanks.
  15. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    The fact that they will release Crysis 2 on consoles really bug me. Because is that mean they acknowledge the first one is unoptimized or Crysis 2 is just a game with torn-down engine.

16. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:
    Or one that can be scaled very very well.

17. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    Yay finally someone else that thinks like me aboutcryengine2/crysis.

So is crysis 2 gonna include dx11 any? or too late into developement to integrate dx11 features?

and not necessarily. in most cases yea it usually mean the game won't be as great as it could visually. However as BP said, it could scale very well. I personally think cryengine 3 is mostly cryengine 2 only massively overhauled for performance with the same visuals or slightly better. proof? i have none just a whim lol

18. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    It's hard to notice details when you play an action games.... =/

I played BFBC2 for a couple of days now, and it looks amazing.

19. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:

Not BP.

BP is a woman, I'm the man one. :toast:

20. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    They want more money, so they are gonna put it on consoles, you remember when crysis came out in 2007, then crytek got their poor sales, around 75,000 sold or something like that, and straight away they blame it on pirating, thats complete bullshit, I mean sure there are gonna be some cheap douches out there that would do shit like that but the poor sales had nothing to do with pirating, it was a badly unoptimized game, everyone knew it and even they knew it, I bet it was their intention to do that so computer hardware especially graphic cards (NVIDIA) would get a massive boost in sales, and they did the selfish fukers!

Thats my 2cents!

21. warup89

warup89

Thanks Received:
    If you play crysis in stealth the whole time, you will notice the quality and its pretty impressive.

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:

Or if you just have good eyes.

jasper1605 says thanks.
  23. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    They sold more than 1 million copies. :D That means it was the best selling PC game that was not a WOW or The Sims game.

TBH it was a little bit absurd to say that pirating was hurting their sales, but it is also fact that the ratio of pirated/sold games was much bigger than any other game (with the exception of Spore I think). The ratio was something like 100 to 1, when most games have a ratio of 5-10 to 1. Then here it comes the absurd: most publishers and developers base their sales expectations, both prior and after the release, based on the people that is suposedly playing the game. With this way of looking things, they believed they should have sold something like 100 million copies :)laugh:), NO, not really, but they did feel they should have sold 3,5 or maybe even 8 millions like console games do. The reality is that most pirated Crysis was people trying to test the game, benchmark it. Or Crytek might be right and they had the intentions of playing it (there's a reason for demos after all), who knows.

But you really have to understand their logic, I'm not asking you to agree with them, but understanding them is easy. Take COD 4 I think that it sold around 250.000 copies on the PC and there was probably like 2 million pirated downloads. In the eyes of any developer that means that 2 million people were interested in playing the game, only 250.000 wante dto pay. Now take Crysis, in their eyes 100 million people wanted to play, only 1 paid. See the logic? I know that I understand them very well.

Lionheart says thanks.
  24. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Looks sweet. If it runs like crysis we should be fine. A single 5870 can run crysis maxed out with 8xaa so this shouldn't be too bad.

25. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    They couldn't actually put crysis 1 on the consoles using cryengine 2, purely down to the large amounts of memory crysis uses. With the cryengine 3 they have streaming technology which makes it possible to run on the consoles miniscule amount of ram. Also, they are now using deffered lighting which increases the preformance by quite a bit, along with many other optimisations.

Unlike their bold claims of crysis 1 running and looking good on most systems, I belive crysis 2 will actually acomplish this. After all they have evidence of it running and looking great on the consoles which are on a graphical level much lower than any decent pc. There is no apparant lag either which is surprising.