• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Some people accuse TPU of 'bias' towards Nvidia.

System Name ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K (Delidded) with Rockit 88 100% Copper IHS
Motherboard ASUS Z97-PRO Gamer
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB (8GB x4) GSkill TridentX DDR3 2400 (XMP Mode #1) Timings: 10-12-12-31
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070 FTW + ACX 3.0 (8GB GDDR5)
Storage 512GB Samsung 970 PRO (NVMe), 2TB WD Gold WD2005FBYZ-01YCBB1 SATA-3 Data drive
Display(s) LG 27UL500-W 27-Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with Radeon Freesync Technology and HDR10, White
Case Fractal Design Define R5 (Black, no Window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard Optical (TOSLINK) from MB to VIZIO soundbar
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 650
Mouse Logitech M215
Keyboard Logitech K330
Software Windows 10 Pro Secured by Emsisoft Internet Security & Malwarebytes Premium Version 3
Benchmark Scores http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/2157372
As a TPU follower for quite some time, long before becoming a member, I've personally not seen bias towards one brand or the other.:)

However, have seen a few that does, when I do, may read a review, will take it with a grain of salt.:D

The cool thing about TPU is it's wealth of information, just by opening the GPU-Z app & clicking 'Lookup', there's the specs in full, as well as (sometimes) a review, that's how I stumbled across this discussion, and a few others. caught my eye. Doesn't matter if AMD or NVIDIA, as well as integrated graphics, the details are in front of the screen to read.:toast:

TBH, I don't care which side wins the battle, because in the end, this means more choice for us at lower pricing. Personally, I'm more of a NVIDIA fanboy when it comes to GPU's.....however if I were building a new PC & had the funds, would take the better of the two cards (soon to be three if Intel is serious), regardless of brand. That's why (likely) am leaning to a Threadripper build next year, costs far less than Intel, may be 10% slower under certain loads, yet the price differential would nearly net one of these killer GPU's. Plus the many PCIe lanes, to me, 60 is a dream come true!:peace:

BTW, while this isn't my best rig, just got a killer deal on a GTX 670 ($65 shipped) & will be playing with it for a few days, to ensure I didn't get ripped off, so far, so good! I like both new & older hardware, there's some great GPU's on eBay with lots of life left, however with these, prefer NVIDIA over AMD. Costs less, uses less power at the AC socket & delivers great bang for the buck.:)

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/pveD6x2AwNO8ed8Pn4kWJ4B

Cat

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) XFX 6800 XT Speedster Merc 319 Black
Storage Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850B x 2 / ASUS MG278Q
Case be quiet! Silent Base 802
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster AE-7 / Sennheiser HD 660S
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64
It's a shame that DX12 isn't really taking off as much as everyone thought though. DX11 is still firmly entrenched. So while Radeon VII could be considered more 'future proof' in a way, I think DX11 is still really important to show. On that note do you think it is a driver thing or a hardware thing? I have heard that AMD's driver is a lot less bottlenecky (is that a word? xD) in DX12 and Vulkan so it can extract more performance from the GPU.
Quite right, DX11 is still very popular, which is why there is good justification for the mix of tests TPU chose. If you are looking to determine how "future proof" a GPU might be, you should probably disregard the average performance summary here that includes so many DX11 games and focus on titles that are tested on more advanced APIs.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
I have no doubt Ngreedia will bounce back after the $1,200.00 RTX debockle. Probably a new gpu at around $900.00 lolz

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
I remember back around when I first joined this forum those saying that W1zzard was biased against NVidia!

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
People tend to sympathize the "underdog"

It is part of our biology over millions of years of evolution. Just look at this peer reviewed scientific journals here:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0146167207307488

Abstract
When people observe competitions, they are often drawn to figures that are seen as disadvantaged or unlikely to prevail. The present research tested the scope and limits of people's support for underdogs. The first two studies demonstrated, in the context of Olympic matches (Study 1) and the Israeli—Palestinian conflict (Study 2), that observers' support for a competitor increased when framing it as an underdog. The final two studies explored mechanisms underlying support for underdogs. Study 3 showed that participants attributed more effort to a team when they believed it to be an underdog, and perceptions of effort mediated liking. In Study 4, participants reading a hypothetical sporting event supported a team with a low probability of success and labeled it an underdog unless it had greater resources than an opponent, suggesting that low expectations by themselves do not engender support if positive outcomes are not seen as deserved.

So yeah, by our nature people WILL be drawn to rooting for the smaller guys(AMD here). While through education and critical thinking we can function less dependent on our inherent nature and more based on facts and logic.

I get what you're saying there. But I believe your reasoning is flawed. One doesn't have to root for the sure winner to display education or critical thought. It's not about either of those things in reality. It's about the social construct of those with power vs. those without power. Plain and simple. It doesn't make you stupid, illogical, uneducated, non-factual, or unwise in any way shape or form to root for underdogs. That's ridiculous...and frankly dumb...to think that's the truth at the heart of the matter. Like I said, it's totally a social thing. We support those who are like us...because they are like us. Underdog or not.

Anyway...on the topic of the thread. I was disappointed with the TPU Radeon VII review. Which I felt was overly negative towards it. Too much talk about what it isn't. Not enough talk about what it really is. But I wouldn't say I get a bad impression from TPU reviews very often. It happens. Just not a lot.

Last edited:
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I get what you're saying there. But I believe your reasoning is flawed. One doesn't have to root for the sure winner to display education or critical thought. It's not about either of those things in reality. It's about the social construct of those with power vs. those without power. Plain and simple. It doesn't make you stupid, illogical, uneducated, non-factual, or unwise in any way shape or form to root for underdogs. That's ridiculous...and frankly dumb...to think that's the truth at the heart of the matter. Like I said, it's totally a social thing. We support those who are like us...because they are like us. Underdog or not.

Anyway...on the topic of the thread. I was disappointed with the TPU Radeon VII review. Which I felt was overly negative towards it. Too much talk about what it isn't. Not enough talk about what it really is. But I wouldn't say I get a bad impression from TPU reviews very often. It happens. Just not a lot.

Dude nothing wrong with supporting underdog. Just pointing out it is human nature.

We like seeing efforts

Underdog struggling to compete infer greater effors

People like underdog.

Very simple.

Processor 3700X
Motherboard X570 TUF Plus
Cooling U12
Memory 32GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX970
Storage 512GB 970 Pro
Case CM 500L vertical
I remember back around when I first joined this forum those saying that W1zzard was biased against NVidia!
Those phases come and go for every longlasting review site. When I first started becoming aware of the computer gaming community, I remember [H]OCP's Kyle Bennett was accused of being biased in favor of ATi. Then Nvidia. Then AMD. Hey, I guess the checks from Toronto bounced during the transition from ATi to AMD :kookoo:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I was disappointed with the TPU Radeon VII review. Which I felt was overly negative towards it. Too much talk about what it isn't. Not enough talk about what it really is.
This made me curious

Untitled-1.jpg

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
All I can say is the reviews here are good - The info/results is gathered and put out there for the reader.
From that point it's up to you, the reader to decide if what you are seeing makes the item being reviewed good or not.

I'll say from what I saw of the Radeon VII I'd buy it but others would not because personal expectations are different between people.

Some really want absolute max FPS in a game while others are of the mindset of as long as it plays smooth and gives an overall good experience it's fine. Features it supports also matter for some based on what they expect from it once it's purchased right along with how well it executes these features.

There is also the basic concept of $$ spent for what you get in return, cheaper for what makes you happy is always good but not everyone has deep pockets to make a fuss over a few FPS - For some it's a matter of getting something that just works.

All that considered along with a review done is relevant to the reader, it's up to the reader of an artice to interprit what they see vs what they expect and go from there.
Personally I've seen nothing that amounts to bias here, w1zzard has done a good job of his reviews and continues to do so.

System Name Evo PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Noctua NH15
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3,600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage 1TB WD SN750/512GB Samsung 870 EVO
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27 2K 165Hz
Case Fractal Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Supernova G2 1000
Mouse MSI Vigor GM11
Keyboard MSI Vigor GK30
There are scenarios that Vega VII can literally tie the RTX 2080 Ti, but definitively those are rare and Vega VII can't be a serious contender for the RTX 2080 Ti. Also there are several games that runs way above 170fps that triggers CPU bottleneck conditions on AMD hardware, inflating the scores in nVidia favors as even an RTX 2060 ties Vega on those scenarios, and affects the overall summary of scores. That is why I skip those games that can be run on a nail clipper and see games like Strange Brigade, FFXV and so on.

Last edited:
System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
After taking a look at some of the other reviews, you are spot on.
If I read it correctly, TPU's Radeon VII review had 1 test for Vulkan, 2 for DX12 and 18 for DX11.
Other reviews that focused more on DX12 showed better performance for the Radeon VII.
Exactly, many reviews show better overall performance In DX12.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
This is common. People want to believe that things are different than real life, because they have some absurd brand loyalty for no reason.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
I have some brand loyalty to a certain extent. Let me run the list.
ASUS
Sapphire
Corsair
Razer
AMD
SteelSeries
G.Skill
ASRock
ATI :D

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
The thing that I would consider biased about the reviews is that there are not enough DX12 titles in the game list which is where AMD shines. Then I remembered that pretty much no one uses DX12 so the amount of titles is probably proportionate.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
At the end of the day, I'm still trying to work out what is so special about DX12, it's not like the eye candy goes through the roof compared to DX11. BFV takes a hit even before the evil attempt at bringing RTRT to consumers kicks in.

As it stands, all credit to W1zzard, he must feel like Lady Diana walking through a minefield.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
The thing that I would consider biased about the reviews is that there are not enough DX12 titles in the game list which is where AMD shines. Then I remembered that pretty much no one uses DX12 so the amount of titles is probably proportionate.

I wouldn't say amd shines I would say the ideal behind Dx12 can utilize a design that isn't really targeted directly at gaming

As a TPU follower for quite some time, long before becoming a member, I've personally not seen bias towards one brand or the other.:)

However, have seen a few that does, when I do, may read a review, will take it with a grain of salt.:D

The cool thing about TPU is it's wealth of information, just by opening the GPU-Z app & clicking 'Lookup', there's the specs in full, as well as (sometimes) a review, that's how I stumbled across this discussion, and a few others. caught my eye. Doesn't matter if AMD or NVIDIA, as well as integrated graphics, the details are in front of the screen to read.:toast:

TBH, I don't care which side wins the battle, because in the end, this means more choice for us at lower pricing. Personally, I'm more of a NVIDIA fanboy when it comes to GPU's.....however if I were building a new PC & had the funds, would take the better of the two cards (soon to be three if Intel is serious), regardless of brand. That's why (likely) am leaning to a Threadripper build next year, costs far less than Intel, may be 10% slower under certain loads, yet the price differential would nearly net one of these killer GPU's. Plus the many PCIe lanes, to me, 60 is a dream come true!:peace:

BTW, while this isn't my best rig, just got a killer deal on a GTX 670 ($65 shipped) & will be playing with it for a few days, to ensure I didn't get ripped off, so far, so good! I like both new & older hardware, there's some great GPU's on eBay with lots of life left, however with these, prefer NVIDIA over AMD. Costs less, uses less power at the AC socket & delivers great bang for the buck.:)

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/pveD6x2AwNO8ed8Pn4kWJ4B

Cat
If I may correct you on that, the said review draws a picture on the Threadripper cpu system, so there are reasons for its materially different judgement. It would be unfair, if we would call it "AMD gpu" bias because clearly it is the "AMD cpu" at variance with the common assumption here.

Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Those who call others biased are usually the most biased people.

I don't understand the concept of brand/company loyalty.

They all suck equally in my book:

* Microsoft sucks - I'm not a big fan of Windows 8/10 and Office 2013 or newer.
* Intel sucks - limiting overclocking was a disgusting move, and their products are overpriced.
* Nvidia sucks - their products are overpriced and time to time they pull some nasty move.
* AMD sucks - their products aren't cheap like used to be. Radeon drivers aren't rock stable.
* Apple sucks - their products ARE overpriced.

Both RTX 2080 and Radeon VII suck for me. I refuse to spend $600 on something that is going to least 2-3 years.

Last edited:
This made me curious
I see your point. I guess what leaves me off-put is the constant comparison to Nvidia. Which is really my problem. I have no interest in Nvidia or their products...for personal reasons. Thus...I don't really care how other products stack up compared to theirs. I don't care how theirs perform. I don't care how much theirs cost. I don't care if for the same price theirs is better. I don't care if for a lesser price theirs is better. I JUST DO NOT CARE ABOUT NVIDIA. But I realize other people do. And that for a review something usually needs compared to something else to make certain points about it. I just wish it wasn't always a comparison to Nvidia somethings. Is that sensible or reasonable? Probably not. None-the-less...I don't like it.

Long story short...it's me. Not you. And I know that. But I still gotta be me.

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
Those who call others biased are usually the most biased people.

I don't understand the concept of brand/company loyalty.

They all suck equally in my book:

* Microsoft sucks - I'm not a big fan of Windows 8/10 and Office 2013 or newer.
* Intel sucks - limiting overclocking was a disgusting move, and their products are overpriced.
* Nvidia sucks - their products are overpriced and time to time they pull some nasty move.
* AMD sucks - their products aren't cheap like used to be. Radeon drivers aren't rock stable.
* Apple sucks - their products ARE overpriced.

Both RTX 2080 and Radeon VII suck for me. I refuse to spend $600 on something that is going to least 2-3 years.
What's wrong with AMD drivers? much better than NVIDIA IMO the rest is par for the course.

System Name Sham Pc
Processor i5-2500k @ 4.33
Motherboard INTEL DZ77SL 50K
Cooling 2 bay res. "2L of fluid in loop" 1x480 2x360
Memory 16gb 4x4 kingstone 1600 hyper x fury black
Video Card(s) hfa2 gtx 780 @ 1306/1768 (xspc bloc)
Storage 1tb wd red 120gb kingston on the way os, 1.5Tb wd black, 3tb random WD rebrand
Display(s) cibox something or other 23" 1080p " 23 inch downstairs. 52 inch plasma downstairs 15" tft kitchen
Case 900D
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply xion gaming seriese 1000W (non modular) 80+ bronze
Software windows 10 pro x64
a few games that favour amd cards seem to be missing from the test review. and i guess that could lead people to say the games that are used are chosen to show nvidia in the better light.
but i always check multiple different reviews and come to a conclusion my self.
I realize the R VII out performs the 2080 in specific workloads and some specific games.
And i dont doubt that better drivers will improve the games it lags behind in..

But honestly If amd want to release a card with drivers that do not show its full potential when reviewers get the card that is amd's fault.
the cards were given with the drivers to use and the results are what they are, Fair enough maybe tpu didnt have some games that show the r vii out performing the 2080, but other places only use those specific games and show it always out performing the vii.. The review linked in the 1st page ONLY showed results where the R Vii out performed the 2080.. and there were not that many results.
at least tpu had a lot of test variables.
so just read as many reviews as you can.
i do think TPU's review of the R VII is probably one of the harshest ones but i wouldnt call biast.
Every one has their own testing methods and if you want to keep a consistent hierarchy list or at least % performance increase then you cant mess with the methodology.

So as far as im concerned I dont think its a bias review, but people should never rely on just 1 review to make a decision either.