• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony Announces the MDR-XB Headphone Range

If you love music, chances are that a deep, characterful bass sound is important to your listening pleasure. It's the frequency where we literally feel the sound - the bass pulse that sets the heart racing.

That's why the MDR-XB headphone range is designed to deliver extra bass quality. The headphones are crafted to reproduce smooth, resonant low-end bass frequencies for whatever kind of tracks you want to enjoy.

Built for more dynamic sound

The secret behind the MDR-XB headphone range is its Advanced Vibe Structure. It's an innovation built into the headphones that's designed to reproduce punchy, accurate bass sounds, whether you're listening to the newest sounds or older music styles.

Advanced Vibe Structure technology works by actively optimising acoustic capacity within the headphone ear-cup to deliver the most responsive bass frequencies. With this innovation, we've created a range of headphones that consistently delivers clear, solid and dynamic bass sound across every music genre.

Designed for listening in style

To fully immerse yourself in music, it's important your headphones feel, sound and look great. This is the ethos behind the style of the MDR-XB headphones, redesigned and refined for modern lifestyles.

The new generation MDR-XB headphones are sleeker, slimmer and lighter, with a smooth swivel and foldaway action so they're easy to store and carry. Whether you're heading out to a club, listening on the train or relaxing on the sofa at home, MDR-XB headphones are crafted for comfort, performance and elegance.

MDR-XB headphone range - key specifications

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
these look pretty nice and comfy, good specs too on the sound

I have the older generation Sony XB700 and XB1000 headphones, and they have BY FAR the best bass in the business. If you ever watch, let's say The Lord Of The Rings (Blue-ray) with these monsters, they'll blow you away, trust me! They're extremely comfortable too, like pillows hugging your ears. :cool:

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 C1 @ 3.83GHz
Motherboard Asus P5E64 WS Evolution 0802
Cooling Sunbeamtech CR-CCTF Core Contact Freezer 120MM + 400W TEC
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR3 1800(PC3 14400) 4GB
Video Card(s) BFG NVidia GTX 260 (216 SP)
Storage Seagate Cheetah 15K.5 SAS 300GB (x2) 15K.6 SAS 300GB (x1) + Adaptec 2405 SAS RAID Controller
Display(s) LG 24" W2452T + LG 23" W2353V
Case Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs X-Fi Professional Titanium
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700W + 2x 400W 12V Meanwell Power Supplys
I have 2 pairs of the older generation MDR-XB700's. Specs look slightly better (5g weight diff) on these but I fear that they will not be as comfortable since they are on ear instead of over the ear. First generation XB headphones look like two monster truck tires on your head especially the XB1000.