• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sony Pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store

ixi

If stock share price will fall down to 10 euro per share, then I guess we need to buy 100 shares at least :D

Is it because they unneccessarly spent too much resources on adopting RTX instead of fixing bugs and stability? What is the role of nvidia of ruining this game?

'teen hours in.
Two small glitches (levitating objects) spotted, only the first night (10th) though.
Two crashes to desktop directly after loading a save in the same place. Everything else OK, passable for 'teen hours.
Mobile 2070Max-Q: RT Ultra + DLSS-Q + disabled postprocessing (I don't like motion blur and CA) = 1080 @ avg~45fps, min~37fps. For me that's playable - with max RT settings on one of the weakest RT cards.
Graphics are really nice. Maybe a few face animations could be better.
Interface: some keys are not configurable; vehicle handling seems strange, probably designed with controllers in mind.
Gameplay: I would welcome less on-the-rails sequences, but that's one of the design choices.

As a whole: great game, would definitely recommend for PCs with 6GB+ VRAM GPUs.
Definitely see why it was 91% from critics. Not 95%+, but solid 90%+; with potential for greatness after patches/add-ons.

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
People are just stupid to lay all these expectations on CDPR. People made this a far bigger deal because it happened to the holy, infallible CDPR. If that is what you think of them, you shouldn't be allowed to spend $60 yet.

that really isnt the case here man, the amount of bugs and performance issues AND on top of that complete lack of AI is below the standards of any game made by anyone.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Is it because they unneccessarly spent too much resources on adopting RTX instead of fixing bugs and stability? What is the role of nvidia of ruining this game?
RTX has nothing to do with it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
On the plus side, maybe now people aren't so interested in purchasing the latest-gen GPU's, seeing the price/FPS gain might just not be worth it, I am sure there were many that wanted a new GPU just to play this.

Personally, I can wait, no problem, I have a major backlog as it is. I tried to run it on my GTX660Ti for lolz, it boots in, with everything on low, I get 10fps on 1440p, 25fps on 720p, it's just a slideshow. Oh and buggy, very very buggy, it's one of those titles you purchase 6-months down the line on special with patches, that hopefully, fixed all the issues.

Processor Intel Core i9 13900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition
Cooling Asus Ryujin II 360 EVA Edition
Memory 4x16GBs DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo Series
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Display(s) LG C2 OLED 42" 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync enabled TV
Case Asus ROG Helios EVA Edition
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Asus ROG Keris EVA Edition - Asus ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope EVA Edition
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey VR
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
To everyone pointing out the obvious by saying "the game has no business running on old generation console hardware, it can barely run on my rig with X CPU and Y GPU!", This issue has nothing to do with that expectation, it has everything to do with the fact that CDPR released the game in such bad state fully knowing how bad it ran on last gen console hardware.

Regarding people's unrealistic expectations when it comes to how the game performs on last gen hardware, CDPR is directly responsible for setting those expectations fully knowing they would not deliver a polished product in time for those platforms.

If people believe for even one second the statements coming out of CDPR's PR department, saying they didn't know the game ran this bad on console hardware, and blaming everything from the pandemic to lack of time to check on those versions, then they really drank the kool aid and might also start questioning if Santa and bigfoot are real.

The game has allegedly been in development since 2012, the year before both PS4 and Xbox 1 were released, yes, I believe PC was always the target for this game, but CDPR has known the specs of both those systems since the very beginning of development, and it is a given they knew exactly how bad it ran on those platforms. All the while they kept pushing the game and encouraging people to preorder and even had a full event with Keanu Reeves promoting the game for Xbox one, just a couple of years ago.

Of course they knew the console version was unfinished on release, this is a publicly traded company worth millions of dollars, employing hundreds of people whose sole focus for 8 years was developing this game, this was not a two man operation running from someone's basement.

Sony and MS cut CDPR a lot of slack by taking their word and not having the game pass certification before release, this mostly due to the studio's pedigree after releasing the Witcher series; now both companies have been thrown under the bus and are in full damage control mode, CDPR's reputation will be tarnished for a long time after this. Good luck getting any preferential treatment from Sony and MS ever again.

Look, I love the game, on PC for the most part it looks like a genuine next generation title, and if you have the right hardware it runs really well, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, and I knew from day one I would be playing it on PC, but even without knowing the actual numbers, I'm sure a very high percentage of people who got the game, pre ordered it for last gen consoles, and don't have the luxury of having a gaming rig capable of running the game as it should.

It's those people who got betrayed, and fell for a classic game of bait and switch, it's not the first time it's happened, and certainly, won't be the last time, but the fact such a prestigious studio as CDPR was the one behind this scheme, adds more insult to the injury.

I'm not saying the sad state of the game on last gen consoles is unredeemable, look at no man's sky, a year after its release, it's finally fulfilling promises made by its developers, and knowing CDPR, I'm sure this will be the case for Cyberpunk too, they're incredibly talented, and it is a shame the actual developers weren't allowed to release the console versions after the PC version was released, all to meet unrealistic deadlines and in the process, screw perhaps millions of console gamers.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
I hope Ubisoft can learn something from this, despite Ubisoft games being playable they still run like crap and I was going to say the same thing to Bethesda but they are now owned by Microsoft.
History has proven they can recover from it, No Man Sky has so i'm sure Cyberpunk 2077 will aswell. I've only had 2 crashes so far but i'm not that far into the game yet but I have seen some bugs but they aren't groundbreaking bugs that put me off playing.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
They've got egg on their faces and that's worse than less profits
They had worse egg on their faces with The Witcher. Yet they made a positive reputation out of it, if you recall how they handled the situation. It is how you deal with the egg that makes or breaks you, not the egg itself.

employing hundreds of people whose sole focus for 8 years was developing this game, this was not a two man operation running from someone's basement.
Um no. They didn’t actually put those hundreds on CB until after TW3 was out and most of the work on its expansions was complete. Until then it really was just a small operation. This was all public knowledge in late 2015 when they announced the shift of employees.

despite Ubisoft games being playable they still run like crap
Huh? How so for such a broad, general statement that I have not found to be the case. I’ve had a couple that were buggy, including AC Valhalla, but still extremely playable. Edit: *AC Unity was the only real mess, Those who waited a year got a fairly good game.

Last edited:
System Name Pukeko
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
Cooling Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 CL15
Video Card(s) Asus RX 5600 XT TUF Gaming X3 OC
Storage XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB, Crucial MX500 1TB
Display(s) 2x ASUS TUF Gaming VG249Q
Case NZXT, H510i, Matte Black/Red, Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) TUF Gaming H3
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 550W Gold
Mouse Touchpad + Logitech MX518
Keyboard Cooler Master, CK 350, Outemu Red
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 7,42,69 and 666
With 10 hours in, I've seen quite a few issues.
  • NPC's walking through walls
  • NPC's just stopping in tight places, not letting me through
  • NPC's spawning way too close to me
  • NPC's spawning in while I'm looking at the ground
  • NPC vehicles re-spawning in the same spot after a collision
Vehicle handling is abysmal and I came with low expectations (GTA4 still kind there).

Runs at about 55+ FPS on medium/high on my system, could be worse but looks quite good even if it is a tad grainy.

I Will decide If I wish to complete the game over the holidays, might be better to just wait.
Story, art, world and sound wise everything seems excellent, when it works it works beautifully.

Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Um no. They didn’t actually put those hundreds on CB until after TW3 was out and most of the work on its expansions was complete. Until then it really was just a small operation. This was all public knowledge in late 2015 when they announced the shift of employees

You missed my point, what you're saying is, since 2015 they changed their main focus to Cyberpunk, and had most of their resources dedicated to this game, fine, my point is, the company knew before launch the console versions of the game were hot garbage, if you still believe they didn't know about the game was fundamentally broken as stated by their recent PR releases, I'm sorry to say that was not the case.

To prove my point, console review codes were held from reviewers until after the game was released, and neither Sony, nor MS had the game certified for release, pending a day one patch, so they just allowed CDPR to release the game in this sad state for their consoles, both companies were caught with their pants down.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Huh? How so for such a broad, general statement that I have not found to be the case. I’ve had a couple that were buggy, including AC Valhalla, but still extremely playable. Edit: *AC Unity was the only real mess, Those who waited a year got a fairly good game.
These are all my own personal experience:
AC Unity was awful on PS4 on launch and it barely ran the game at 30fps
AC Origins ran alright but the game would randomly close itself at random times
Watchdogs Legion is playable but wasn't optimised (Might have changed now)
Farcry 5 did close itself at random as well

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
You missed my point, what you're saying is, since 2015 they changed their main focus to Cyberpunk, and had most of their resources dedicated to this game, fine, my point is, the company knew before launch the console versions of the game were hot garbage, if you still believe they didn't know as stated by their recent PR releases, I don't know what to say to you.
I know what your point was, and it was wrong. Yes, the basic, ancient consoles should not have had a release of the game. But your point was it was because they had 8 years of full staff, which is a huge exaggeration...almost 50% more time than they actually had. Just make your point, don’t use false facts to make it.

I know what your point was, and it was wrong. Yes, the basic, ancient consoles should not have had a release of the game. But your point was it was because they had 8 years of full staff, which is a huge exaggeration...almost 50% more time than they actually had. Just make your point, don’t use false facts to make it.

Nope... And there you go, missing my point entirely again, go read my original post again, I never said they shouldn't have released the game for consoles, I said they shouldn't have mislead console owners about the sorry state of those versions.

This is not a small operation run by a few teenagers in a basement, this is a multi million dollar company with hundreds of employees, if you wanna believe they didn't know they had a dumpster fire in their hands, and didn't do anything to hide that fact, fine, good for you.

I'm done arguing with you, I'm not gonna go in circles when obviously you are focusing on a single paragraph of my post to try and defend CDPR. And to the point, I love Cyberpunk, I have no issues besides a few quest breaking bugs I found when playing it, I had to reload and skip specific parts of the game to continue, but other than that, if you have the right PC, the game is amazing and has lots of potential.

If that's the case for you as well, then, congratulations, and enjoy the game, it's very good when it runs like it should. That doesn't justify the lengths the studio went to hide how bad it runs on base consoles, even if the plan is to fix it later.

Too bad that's not the case for millions of other people who bought the game for PS4 and Xbox one on false pretenses.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
I'm not gonna go in circles when obviously you are focusing on a single paragraph of my post to try and defend CDPR.
And there YOU go. What you see as a defense is simply me telling you that false facts don’t make your point. You can make your point well enough without inflating figures.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95

It's much deeper than that.

You can’t squeeze a video game to check if it’s good like an apple at the supermarket. But if you could, it wouldn’t matter; game publishers would dunk it in enough shiny wax to disguise any imperfections. All the consumer sees is their hand reaching for it.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
- many levitating / air stuck objects
I get this most notably with the paper bags that contain enemy loot after hiding their body in a container. The occasional floating cell phone or something, but it's mainly after hiding bodies for me.

un-lootable bodies, boxes, etc... either because they were semi- buried in the map or were at level but was stupid hard to try position myself so the interaction dialogue could appear; also in the Delamain quest some of the killed flying drones would not fall to the ground after being killed...
This. I remember it being kind of difficult to position yourself to pick up things in TW3, but definitely not as frequently here. So many things right in front of me I should be able to easily grab but can't for an unknown reason. Had the same drones staying in the sky issue as well. That one was frustrating as they had some solid loot. On a similar note, maybe they can implement a "switch focus" command? Many times I try and grab loot that will be right next to an NPC and I can't get it because pressing F just talks to them over and over. Would be to nice to hover over the item, and be able to push, idk, Q, to swap command from talking to the NPC to picking up the item.

sound inconsistencies (while on the phone in a conversation, the npc voice swapped between a normal tone and a "voice through the phone" tone)
Had the inverse once yesterday. Was riding in Panam's car and we were having a conversation but she sounded like she was talking over the phone.

several npc's on a side job were stuck in a stiff crucified position
I've only seen 3-5 T-posing NPCs, and my character has done it once on a bike.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
CDPR stock is down another 13% today and that's after losing 1B in market cap in the previous days. You get what you sow!

Last edited:
System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Bummer.

Although it is not my genre, I would like to see it sell a lot, so maybe CDPR will finance another Witcher-style RPG.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Bummer.

Although it is not my genre, I would like to see it sell a lot, so maybe CDPR will finance another Witcher-style RPG.

It did sell well. They recouped all dev costs in the first day of sales. However they need to be taught a lesson here.

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Says who?

Apparently from the title fo this thread, Sony for one. Are you paying attention to this thread or just being a contrarian to be a contrarian?

Saying this knowing full well you all are going to give me a bunch of flak, but with the lastest patch that game was playable and enjoyable even on the base PS4. PS4Pro was solid. Maybe I'm one of the few that did not set their expectations too high for an 8 year old system...

Sounds to me like this game shouldn't have been released on last generation consoles and kept to the next generation where the game would actually run. Yes, it would have resulted in less profits but now look at them. They've got egg on their faces and that's worse than less profits.
Pretty sure shareholders had some say in that. But....
While people may not be happy, but I certainly agree with you. The developers should have put their foot down and limit the game to the new consoles.
....I'll go along with this. At the very least limit it to PS4Pro and XBOS

Processor R5 5600
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling SPC Fortis 3
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 2x8
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio RTX 3070
Storage Lexar Pro NM760 1 TB, Corsair MP510 960 GB
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Power Supply EVGA G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard SPC Gear GK550 Omnis Kailh Brown RGB
They had worse egg on their faces with The Witcher. Yet they made a positive reputation out of it, if you recall how they handled the situation. It is how you deal with the egg that makes or breaks you, not the egg itself.
I really don't think so, it's way worse now with CP.
I recall 2 issues with W3 - bugs and graphics.
There were plenty of bugs but when it came to the game behind them, it was almost universally praised. Bugs can (and were) fixed, and people are aware of the sad reality nowadays that big, open games usually come with bugs that need to be ironed out later. It's the price we pay for ambitious projects.
Graphical downgrade when compared to trailers was a thing, but the game still actually looked awesome, so people grumbled a bit but then let it go.

And then there's expectations, possibly the most important factor. When W3 was coming out, I think the prevalent attitude of interested gamers was "can they do it". It was the first such an ambitious project for CDPR, they've never made an open world game before and it was not as big a studio as it is now. With Cyberpunk the hype was unreal, certainly not helped by brazen marketing.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
I really don't think so, it's way worse now with CP.
I recall 2 issues with W3 - bugs and graphics.
There were plenty of bugs but when it came to the game behind them, it was almost universally praised. Bugs can (and were) fixed, and people are aware of the sad reality nowadays that big, open games usually come with bugs that need to be ironed out later. It's the price we pay for ambitious projects.
Graphical downgrade when compared to trailers was a thing, but the game still actually looked awesome, so people grumbled a bit but then let it go.

And then there's expectations, possibly the most important factor. When W3 was coming out, I think the prevalent attitude of interested gamers was "can they do it". It was the first such an ambitious project for CDPR, they've never made an open world game before and it was not as big a studio as it is now. With Cyberpunk the hype was unreal, certainly not helped by brazen marketing.
Read again. I didn’t say W3. I said The Witcher. If you don’t know, then ask. That is where they made their reputation. Did you ever wonder why the only version available is “The Enhanced Edition” or in some locales “The Director’s Cut”? It’s not because they wanted to do extra things to it.

Last edited: