• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Stereo Receiver

Atramentous

Greetings,

I have a Creative Labs Sound BlasterX AE-5, amd a Sony STT-DN1080 Surround Sound Stereo Receiver, with speakers set up in 5.1 + Atmos configuration.

The sound card has jacks for Front L/R, Rear L/R, and Center/Sub.

I purchased a cable 3, 3.5mm jacks on each end, amd am adapter meant for connecting 5.1 computer speakers to consoles, such as the PS3. They used to come with Logitech 5.1 kits. I also purchased a new RCA cable.

None of the colors match, which is fine, but no matter what configuration I use, the sound does not properly play. Using the speaker test option in Windows, or even the one with Creative's app, the rear speakers will not play at all, and the center will play at the same tome as the left, or the rigjt speaker will play the sub, or the sound will be low and scratchy.

Any suggestions? I really want to get my PC to properly utilize my receiver and speakers. I have searched online to no avail.

Atramentous

Attachments

• 15759470626183407708138330436497.jpg
    15759470626183407708138330436497.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 304
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Greetings,

I have a Creative Labs Sound BlasterX AE-5, amd a Sony STT-DN1080 Surround Sound Stereo Receiver, with speakers set up in 5.1 + Atmos configuration.

The sound card has jacks for Front L/R, Rear L/R, and Center/Sub.

I purchased a cable 3, 3.5mm jacks on each end, amd am adapter meant for connecting 5.1 computer speakers to consoles, such as the PS3. They used to come with Logitech 5.1 kits. I also purchased a new RCA cable.

None of the colors match, which is fine, but no matter what configuration I use, the sound does not properly play. Using the speaker test option in Windows, or even the one with Creative's app, the rear speakers will not play at all, and the center will play at the same tome as the left, or the rigjt speaker will play the sub, or the sound will be low and scratchy.

Any suggestions? I really want to get my PC to properly utilize my receiver and speakers. I have searched online to no avail.

Atramentous
Why not HDMI?

Atramentous

Why not HDMI?

I play many older games that use EAX and requires Creative Alchemy. I also record and make music. Each new build gets a Sound Blaster. Even my hobby 486 DX2 has a Sound Blaster AWE32 with WaveBlaster daughterboard, and I connect a Roland MT-32 into the Line In on all of my machines.

HDMI would not allow for any of that.