• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SourceForge - Download Snapshot

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
So after Raven Software released the source code to JK II, I thought I'd check it out. I went to SourceForge and clicked "Download Snapshot" like the author suggests.

The file downloads as a .tar.gz file, which I open with PeaZip to reveal a .tmp file. I don't understand why this is. I can then change the .tmp extension to .zip and extract its contents, but why is it downloading as a packaged .tmp file? Am I going about it the wrong way?

I searched a number of different ways on Google to no avail.

Let's not even get started on SourceForge's forum software. :laugh:

Thanks.

EDIT: I totally neglected to add links, but upon visiting the respective SourceForge pages for these releases I found they're no longer available. I'm really not certain why that is. Here are the links anyway:

Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy

Last edited:
System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Well, I don't know that this thread is particularly relevant anymore. I was able to find out why the source code is no longer there.

Softpedia

The source was pulled because it included some proprietary stuff (Bink video, for instance) that would put them in a legal bind.