1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Space Marine(Possible Spoilers

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jacko28, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Jacko28 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just interested in knowing peoples thought's on this game.

After having waited all year for it I'm still un-decided wether it was worth my over-excitement for it's release.

I thought the combat was fairly good, it was extremely fun at the start however as the game progressed melee seemed to become redudant, anyone else find this?

I've read around and it seems people were a little annoyed by the length of the entire game, it took me around 7-8 hours the story, I was also a little dis-pleased with this but looking back I dont actually think I would have enjoyed the game had it gone on for longer than it did.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Please excuse the side bar, but judging a game on length is foolish.

Portal was amazing. It recevied almost no hype, was relatively short, but was an amazing game.

Crysis 2 has about the same length as you quoted. It was hyped to the moon, and has generally fallen flat on its face.

Ask yourself this question: Do I want to play it again? A second go through of Portal might be redundant, but it was always fun to bash something with the companion cube. Do you think that a warhammer game will be worth another play?

I for one view this as a relatively generic shooter. I'll be waiting until it hits to ~30 USD range before I buy into it. Your mileage may vary.

3. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    Portal was also dirt cheap. I expect more gameplay from a more expensive game, and I think that is justified.