1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SPD dump

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by imperialreign, Oct 27, 2007.

1. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyone willing to take a look at a couple of SPD dumps from my DRAM for anything unusual? After the catastrophic system failure I've had, it's looking like there might be a problem with the mem (sys was running a memory benchmark with mem timings at stock at the time the rig crapped), and I can't enable some features through BIOS that worked fine before (like Hyperpath3 or Thermal Throttling) - enabling them causes a BSoD to flash quickly and reboot the rig right as it gets to the desktop. Although, if I leave these settings alone, memtest ran for well over 12 hours with no errors. I'm getting the feeling that the info in SPD might have become corrupted or something . . .

Just trying to see if there's anything in the SPD that's awry before I go through another RMA.

I'm going to snag a cheap 1GB DDR2 later just in case I do have to RMA these other sticks, and that should also let me determine if theres another problem with the mobo.

10 Year Member at TPU