• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SrtTrail.txt Startup Repair Issue (Bootres.dll is corrupt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzion

Hey guys. I ran into a problem after my computer automatically updated. When I booted up my PC, it said automatic repair for a while and then when to a screen saying that automatic repair could not repair my computer. I went into advanced options and used the command prompt to open and read the SrtTrail.txt file. It listed the results of the automatic repair and said that d:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt. I also noticed that my drive was messed up and there were some other ones as well. Originally, I had a C: drive that had all my stuff on it. Now, my C drive is titled "System Reserved C:" and one file in it called "recovery" that is 0 bytes large. I also have "Local Disk E:" which has the 0 byte recovery file like the C: drive. I also have "Local Disk D:" which is where all my files are located that used to be in the C: drive. Finally, I have "Boot X:" which is similar to the structure of my D: drive, but doesn't have any of my personal files.

I'm not sure if I put this thread in the right place or if I did something wrong, so please tell me if I did. Also, thanks in advance for trying to help me.

GBeans

I have the same issue. I see that it was discussed before: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ils-to-boot-srttrail-txt.250864/#post-3964581

In my case, it's my daughter's laptop and she powered it off during the last update. It was late, the laptop fan was making a lot of noise, and she wanted to go to sleep. Couldn't put it in another room? That would just be logical.
I'd follow the steps in the mentioned link but there are 6 volumes listed. Not sure which ones are which. I've included a picture, if that helps.

Attachments

• diskpart.jpg
    diskpart.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 687

fuzion

I saw that post before, but I am not technical enough to understand some of the steps. He said to delete both 500mb MBR system partitions using disk part but I don't know what an mbr system is. I don't understand a few other things because he abridged his solution and I couldn't understand it. If you have time could you explain the solution in more detail? If not, it's fine. I'll keep looking for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.