• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ssd samsung 830 oem ver. problem

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 860EVO // Samsung840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
no it 's not pirated copy. I bought it from hp administrator. I don't know how he got it. It' s not stolen, at least guy doesn't look like burgler.Maybe he reinstalled that drive, I 'm not sure about it.He formatted D partition as data partition, and C as system one. pc owns legitimate copy of windows, as I enter hp support assistant, they had info everything about my pc.
When I install for example fresh copy hp support assistant will know that is legitimate copy.

Something about your transaction with the HP Administrator is off. HP does not format the drives this way. He did not do a proper HP restore to factory conditions. He basically destroyed the OS from ever being recovered to factory condition without ordering replacement disks from HP. He didn't do you any favors.

If you have to order the disks form HP, expect about $35 to replace set. You will need Windows License Key Code from sticker on underside of unit.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

I would ask him for the software or disks. He should have made the rescue disks.

skare

Something about your transaction with the HP Administrator is off. HP does not format the drives this way. He did not do a proper HP restore to factory conditions. He basically destroyed the OS from ever being recovered to factory condition without ordering replacement disks from HP. He didn't do you any favors.

If you have to order the disks form HP, expect about $35 to replace set. You will need Windows License Key Code from sticker on underside of unit.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

I would ask him for the software or disks. He should have made the rescue disks.
ok, so I need to back up system with 3 dvd-roms, you suggest me to to with hp tool.
I need to make rescue disc.Can I use Kaspersky Pure because I have those option in it?
After that, I pull out ssd from my pc, and put in USB case and connect to the other machine via USB port. Then I switch on th usb case, find disk in explorer,delete all three partitions and with right button mouse choose to format that drive (quick format).And afterwards, if I understand correctly would be able to flash firmware with samsung latest one I assume it's CXMB03Q.
After that I f I succeed I install fresh copy of windows 7 on flashed drive. Is it correct?

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 860EVO // Samsung840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
ok, so I need to back up system with 3 dvd-roms, you suggest me to to with hp tool.

NO, NO NO, this part is wrong.^^^

3 disks is to recreate HP Original OS system... YOU CAN'T, REMEMBER D partition.

What you need is an external HD.

Can I use Kaspersky Pure because I have those option in it? I need to make rescue disc.

Never used it, so I can't say.

The rest seems OK.

From now on, you are on your own. You need to reread the entire post, I'm not going to repeat myself.

Last edited:

skare

I have done like you said. I deleted all three partitions, made quick format. after that I put cd with firmware image, and everything is the same, not supported samsung drive, when clickin three times yyy i got A:\SAMSUNG\DSRD with cursor blinking. don't know what to do,only didn't try to flash it with samsung magician app, but with cd iso image. Perhaps is smart call to give up, because don't know what to do anymore.mede back up on external drive.

skare

Yes, I 've tried, installed on pc, it created partition hp tools.

I think I need to physically remove hp firmware.
IDE\DiskSAMSUNG_MZ7PC256HAFU-000H1______________CXM05H1Q

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Yes, the 'custom' HP firmware placed on your SSD is what's causing Samsung Magician to not identify your SSD.

The reason for the custom firmware is for warranties.
The HP custom firmware just makes sure the customer does not try to get Samsung to replace it as replacement is all up to HP.

This in turn has resulted in you not being able to use Samsung Magician.

As far as I know there is no way to flash your SSD firmware to the generic Samsung SSD firmware

skare

Yes, the 'custom' HP firmware placed on your SSD is what's causing Samsung Magician to not identify your SSD.

The reason for the custom firmware is for warranties.
The HP custom firmware just makes sure the customer does not try to get Samsung to replace it as replacement is all up to HP.

This in turn has resulted in you not being able to use Samsung Magician.

As far as I know there is no way to flash your SSD firmware to the generic Samsung SSD firmware
Yes that makes sense, but samsung should ensure support&maintenance application.I am not sure what is the problem to detect what type of disk is in pc, is it connected as ahci or ide drive,wear out information, option to clone disc to another ssd.as warranty issue I accept that,samsung wants to refuse any responsibility,but whole bunch of 3rd party software can't detect any information of ssd.(ssd life for example detects that's ssd drive and the age of the drive, no other option at all, crystal disk is benchmarking tool,intel has its own intel ssd toolbox, hp or dell don't have app to maintain ssd). it's pretty strange.

skare

So is there any chance to remove hp firmware?Samsung does not respond, tell me to contact hp, hp to contact samsung. How can that be? I won't buy samsung ssd anymore, I will buy adata, but samsung no more.