• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

STALKER weapon balance mod

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
Ever get tired of not being able to attach a silencer to the GP36, Enfield, USP, etc? Well the good folk that talk to me inside my head said I should make a mod fixing all that :D Its not quite finished yet, but the mod is true to life, ie; you cant put a silencer on a friggin Desert Eagle :p you can, however, attach a silencer to an MP5, or any other weapon that in reality can take a silencer \ G.launcher \ scope. As such, any weapons that ARENT meant to have an attachment but the good folk who put STALKER together thought did, has also been rectified. One example is the Enfield, though by default the code is broken, opening the ltx file for that rifle shows a grenade launcher is attachable, when in reality that particular model of Enfield does not have the rail attachments, nor was it designed to have a grenade launcher fitted. All in all the mod is extensive, and to mix things up a bit I made it so the SVU can have a silencer fitted (not the SVD!) and although I'm unsure on this, I made it so the Groza OC14 can have a PSO-1 scope attached. This mod will be packed up with a few other tweaks I made to files too, such as armour will degrade at 50% rate, carry limit increased to 150KGs to save so many treks to and from locations to sell stuff scavenged, all weapons have been renamed to their real life names, trader modded files (sells silencers etc) and finally an "aftermath" mod, if a_lone_hobo lets me, need to drop him an email.

Pics will follow soon, as will beta 1.0

Future updates:

- Trader files will be balanced
- Hopefully custom weapon sounds

Compatibility:

Tested with STALKER 1.0004

Installing:

Just extract the gamedata folder (when I upload it) to your STALKER - Shadow Of Chernobyl directory.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ed- Had to remove the silencer on the SVU, it caused the game to exit if a new game or saved game was started \ loaded :wtf: Beta 1.0 will be ready shortly.

Attachments

• Abakan.jpg
    Abakan.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 971
  • AK.jpg
    AK.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 985
  • Beretta & Groza OC14.jpg
    Beretta & Groza OC14.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,212
  • GP36.jpg
    GP36.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Sig550.jpg
    Sig550.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,046
Last edited:

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Heres beta 1.0, give me feedback folks :cool:

Attachments

• STALKER game balance beta 1.0.zip
    188.7 KB · Views: 661

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
extract the gamedata folder to your STALKER - Shadow Of Chernobyl directory. You may need to start a new game.

B

bassmasta

do you mean just drop it in? as far as i know, the game shouldn't notice the folder unless you tell it to. then again, i've never done a major mod before

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
yeah you just put the folder in, it should work or you might have to restart a new game if it doesnt ;)

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Also, if your pre STALKER 1.0003, then you will have to tell the game to look for it. A new beta will be available soon, other STALKERs you can now sell ammo, armour and weapons to. STALKERs pay more for weapons, armour and ammo than traders, basically because I figured in the field, armour weapons and ammo are all OSP, hence STALKERs are willing to pay more for them ;) If anyone knows specifically what does what in the actual trader files, do you want to mod them for me? Saves me having to work out myself whats what :p

Last edited:
B

bassmasta

wow, i have to say that now that i had it working {i moved the zip, forgot to extract}, that this is a BRILLIANT mod! okay, i deleted your engine mod because i hated the crosshairs with a passion, but i love this mod.

B

bassmasta

>.> looks like the crosshairs aren't part of the engine mod, sorry. how can i turn them off?

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
I think I saw an option to remove the crosshairs in the settings in-game somewhere.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Bump so I dont lose the thread. new beta up soon.

B

bassmasta

can we request stuff in the mod? >.> i would love to see a higher difficulty because this mod makes enemies too weak untill past yantar

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
I intend to balance that out by removing what weapons can be bought from various traders at the start of the game, its just proving tricky as when I put in the paramaters to remove certain weapons, it actually removes all weapons even the ones that should still be for sale :wtf:

B

bassmasta

>.> couldn't you just take the origional files and change the weapons rather than writing a new file?

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Beta 2.0

This beta has a plethora of changes, so the post is going to be more a guide as to what weapons now do what. The mod is quite literal, incorporating as many real-life characteristics as possible.

Note: These changes apply to NORMAL weapons only, not the "special" weapons.

FN F2000: The F2000 is a next-generation infantry rifle built to accept interchangeable equipment and weapons systems. Its capable of being outfitted with a 40mm, 1 or 3 shot grenade launcher, a 5 round 12 bore shotgun, suppressor and a pneumatic non-lethal shotgun, alongside its default characteristics of having an intergrated scope and Colt M203 grenade launcher.

Default: Accepts standard NATO SS109 and AP rounds, Secondary fire: M203 grenade
Modified: To reflect the true robustness of the assult rifle on top of what it accepts by default, secondary fire has now been modified to also fire single-shot buckshot, zhekan and dart ammo.

Groza OC14: "Groza" the russian name for "thunder", the Groza OC14 was developed for special forces operations, such as those carried out by Spetsnaz and represents one of the finest bullpup solutions capable of being outfitted with interchangable barrels, silencer and scope.

Default: Accepts all varients of the 9x39mm round. Secondary fire: Vog25 or 25p grenade.
Modified: Due to the versatile nature of the Groza OC14 it is now capable of firing the 9x18mm round (submachinegun) or the larger 7.62x39mm AK round, or converted from short to long barrel as needed. It is also able to have a silencer attached and PSO-1 scope. Magazine size has also been changed to 25 rounds as the Groza OC14 is capable of a 20 \ 30 round mag, 25 is just a balance between the two for all ammo types.

LR300ML: The rifle is touted as an 'excellent entry weapon system' indicating that this version is available for military usage. One stated feature of the rifle is its 'diverted felt recoil' which helps prevent muzzle rise common to most other select-fire rifles and carbines.

Default: M203 and SUSAT attachments
Modified: Suppressor is now attachable

AN94 Abakan The AN-94 assault rifle had been officially adopted by the Russian Army and the Ministry of Internal Affairs in 1994 as a possible replacement for the venerable Kalashnikov AK-74 series assault rifles. The AN index means "Avtomat Nikonova", or Nikonov Assault rifle. The AN94 is also capable of accempting magazines with capacities of 30-45 rounds, and is also capable of accepting the newer 60 round four-stack box magazines.

Default: PSO-1 scope attachment
Modified: Grenade launcher also attachable, mag size changed to 45 rounds.

AK74MThe small-caliber Kalashnikov assault rifle, officially adopted by the Soviet Army in 1974 as the "5.45mm Avtomat Kalashnikova, obraztsa 1974 goda (AK-74)", was no more than the older AKM, re-chambered for a new round, with very minor modifications.

Default: Scope, silencer and grenade attachment
Modified: Grenade & silencer attachment removed. As far as I'm aware no varient of the AK74 ever had rail attachments for a grenade launcher or silencer, only scope. If someone can show me proof the AK74M does indeed have rail attachments for a grenade launcher, then it will be re-added.

AK74UThe AKS-74U short assault rifle (the "U" suffix means "Ukorochennyj" in Russian = "Shortened" in English) has been developed in the late 1970s from the AKS-74 assault rifle. The AKS-74U was intended as a personal defense weapon for tanks, guns, helicopters and other vehicles crews, and for the special operations forces, who required a compact but relatively powerful individual automatic weapon. The AK74U was developed in 2 flavours, the standard model was used by various millitary and possibly police forces in russia, and the other specially adapted for Spetsnaz.

Default: No attachments
Modded: Its extremely difficult to judge what version of AK74U is used in STALKER, as such the AK in STALKER will be able to have a VOG grenade launcher attachment, but no scope or silencer.

Other notes: Currently the FN F2000 im having problems integrating alternate fire modes with. I have modded all weapons, but I thought I would make a post detailing some weapons, other weapons details will follow when I can be arsed to type more :p

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
>.> couldn't you just take the origional files and change the weapons rather than writing a new file?

I'm editing existing files as it is. No idea why it removes weapons and armour that should be for sale still :\

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
http://club.guns.ru/eng/gp25.html
ak74m grenade launcher.
:)

although i don't think you should change it as i believe this was only made after the stalker story.

I'll make the changes, from what I know the AK74 never even had rail attachments for a scope, but in STALKER the AK74 can have a scope fitted, so I can only assume the AK in stalker is the "M" version.

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
NICE this ones good for two thank you's;)

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
I'll have beta 2 up in the next few days ;) it would be sooner but tomorrow night must take priority, theres a good chance i'll be having sex again :D

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Just modified:

Sig P220: The SIG-Sauer P220, often considered as the best “out of the box” .45 caliber double action pistol, started its life as the 9mm Pistole 75, the new double action sidearm for Swiss army. Developed during the early 1970s by the famous Swiss company Sweizerishe Industrie-Gesellschaft or SIG in short, this pistol was intended to replace the extremely accurate, but overly expensive SIG P210 pistol then in service with Swiss and some other armies.

Modded: The SIG P220 has been modified to the extremely rare P221 specs, which incorporated the same legendary accuracy and power of the P220, only with a bigger mag. As a result the mag size has been increased to best of my knowledge specs for the P221, which efectively means a mag size increased from 7 to 14 rounds. Have fun blasting some holes in enemies with this baby ;)

H&K GP36: A fine example of modern weaponry, light, versatile, reliable, and adopted by countless millitary and police forces around the globe. The G36 is also capable of taking a 100 round c-mag drum mag.

Default: No attachments.
Modded: Silencer and grenade launcher attachments. I'm unsure if the G36 is designed to take an M203 launcher, so some clarification on that would be great if any can be found. Does anyone want me to make it so the G36 uses the non-standard 100 round c-mag?

SIG 550: 550 Sniper is a good short to medium military marksman rifle or police/antiterror rifle, capable of quick and accurate follow-up shots.

Default: No scope or silencer attachable but can take a grenade launcher
Modded: From what I know the 550 cant take a silencer or launcher, if anyone can find otherwise I will make the adjustments accordingly. In the meantime only a scope is attachable.

Walther P99: Perhaps best known as the "james bond" gun. Light, reliable, and capable of rather fast semi-automatic fire and is rather accurate.

Modded: silencer can be fitted.

Notes: Most handgun damage parameters have been modified, by default most are rediculously low power.

Note to self: work on shotgun implementation for secondary fire on FN F2000.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Rev2
Cooling OCZ Vendetta w/Scythe Ultra Kaze 2000RPM Fan
Memory 8 gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-27
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2
Storage 3x Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Display(s) 22" Samsung LCD
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair HX-620 620W
Software Windows 7
Heheh, I'll play the Redux mod for a while until Ket finishes (sort of at least) this thing.
Hey Ket, if you need help in stuff like the weapon research (if you plan to put more weapons in) just shoot me a PM or email.

Personally I'd love to see the following guns...
- Barrett M82 /experimental light version, FN FAL, SVD Dragunov.
- HK P90, HK PDW, IMI Uzi, Skorpion
- Pancor Jackhammer, Neostead Combat Shotgun,

Are you also gonna add like extra sidequests / more of an open-ended game? Because one thing I'd love to see is something where the main quest isn't the ending point of the game, but rather, just a small event in an open ended game.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
Heldelance: If your up for it you could play around for implementing the shotgun secondary fire alongside the grenade secondary fire with the FN F2000 for me :D that way by the time you have done that (if its possible for a fully working implementation) I could be finished with all the other guns. :cool: The Dragunov would be an awesome addition to STALKER, but I think thats what the SVD mk2 is supposed to be (its a special weapon) I have thought about adding other weapons, but for now I'm balancing all existing stuff before adding anything. My ultimate goal is for STALKER to look as good as originally intended and to have the gameplay it should of had.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Rev2
Cooling OCZ Vendetta w/Scythe Ultra Kaze 2000RPM Fan
Memory 8 gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-27
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2
Storage 3x Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Display(s) 22" Samsung LCD
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair HX-620 620W
Software Windows 7
Hahaha, I was just suggesting to get data for ya and test the stuff out, personally, I've not got any real coding experience. Sorry for the confusing information.

With the FN2000, couldn't you just take the other weapons that use a grenade mode as a scaffold? Kinda like make another copy of the Tunder and make it use 5.56 SS109 and use the same grenades as the Tunder.

As for the SVD MKII, it does seem to resemble the Drag, but its stats don't. The Drag is much more accurate and the recoil isn't supposed to be so ungodly.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
I tried that, the weird thing is it "seems" to work, but when I go to change ammo types from the grenade to shotgun ammo the game just exits to desktop :banghead: Theres no reason why it should do that from what I can see I've added the correct sounds for the shotgun, so when I switch to shotgun ammo it should play the sounds for reloading the SPAS12, but instead just exits to desktop :wtf: