• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Wars: Republic Commando

olithereal

System Name Geometro
Processor i5 760 @ Stock (need 1156 brackets for my cooler)
Motherboard MSI P55A-G55
Cooling Kingwin RVT-12025 HDT
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Blackline Frostbyte 1600 C9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX 275 MSI Twin Frozr OC
Display(s) Samsung 2333SW 23"
Case Lancool PC-K62
Power Supply Corsair VX550W 550W ATX 12V
Software Windows 7 64 bit / Arch Linux x64
I have been playing this game lately, Star Wars: Republic Commando, and I must say it's great. I found it under my pile of game. A friend of mine gave it to me a few years ago but never got to install it before this week.

You take place as a clone commander for a delta squad. The four members of your squad are a demo-man, a sniper, yourself, and a hacker.

* RC-1138 (Delta 38 or "Boss")

The player takes control of Delta 38 for the entire game. He is the commander of Delta Squad and issues orders to fellow teammates during missions. He is portrayed as a sensible character, and rarely has an extreme reaction to misfortune or poor circumstances.

Boss's designation is a reference to the number 1138, as seen and referenced in many projects involving George Lucas. "1138" itself is a reference to his first major film, THX 1138.

* RC-1140 (Delta 40 or "Fixer")

Delta 40 is the hacker and technological expert of the team. He portrays the stoic and serious side of the commandos and takes on a strict adherence to protocols; he is also the only one to use actual military terminology during missions.

* RC-1207 (Delta 07 or "Sev")

Delta 07 is a marksman who portrays a morbid sense of morality, desiring to annihilate every foe the squad encounters. One of his favorite activities is sniping ("With extreme pleasure, sir"). His voice is notable for having a deep, menacing tone when speaking. Delta 07 has red markings smeared across his armour. It is unclear if this is paint or blood. He oftens makes fun of Delta 62, but this is only brotherly teasing and the two frequenly trade taunts mid-battle.

* RC-1262 (Delta 62 or "Scorch")

Delta 62 is the demolitions expert. Delta 62 enjoys demolition weapons. He maintains a sense of humor throughout the game, often attempting to crack jokes even in the midst of combat, much to the chagrin of Delta 40. He often makes fun of Delta 07, who exchange wisecracks directed at each other throughout the game.

In terms of gameplay it's really fun, a great FPS, with a shield/health system kind of like halo but instead of health packs it's some health recovery system like in half life 2. You gotta tell your team what to do, where to position themselves, choose someone to focus fire on, send someone recover his health, make a formation to break a door, throw a nade and jump in or hack the door, etc. It is really fun IMO.

An overlooked game in my opinion, if you guys are looking for a shooter to try out, pick this one, it's good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
I've been trying to get my hands on this game for ages.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Best FPS, squad based game I've ever played. Looking at the graphics today does explain why I had slow frame rates with my x850xt

bought it for £10 near after release, it was out on xbox too
its a console game converted for pc but it was a good game, nice graphics for the time the squad was mostly intelligent and it had some challenging sections

ending sucked and i thought it could use some more levels

still have it might boot it up if you want a game lol

someone left an original xbox in my aunt uncles house in spain which they rent out because they used to live there cut along story short they where going to just give it to me, it had been lying in a garage over there for a few months, cousin forgot to bring it with him and i eventually just bought it on pc for a £10 this was just after release a real bargain, surprisingly it was from game i got it lulz

think it came out in 2005 or 2004 will have to do a wikipedia on it