1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Starting From Scratch

Discussion in 'RealTemp' started by Dr. Blue, Dec 9, 2009.

1. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    no i totally understand... you have had the "OVER-CLOCKING WILL KILL YOUR MOTHERBOARD, CPU, AND POSSIBLY YOUR CHILDREN (OR FUTURE CHILDREN)" as have many who dabble in our little black art. :laugh:

not the case :D.

I do recommend a good cooler tho, something not too expensive (nothing zalman) and something easy to mount.

NB voltages and temps can be tricky, but a quiet 80MM fan pointed at the NB heatsink will drop your temps by 20-25C easy.

2. Dr. Blue New Member

Thanks Received:
    problem is I got this mATx board and a mid size case so for now Im a lil cramped for space....prolly will just keep this one runnin like so or maybe even drop it back to 3.4 and give it to the misses....I got my eyes out on a future project when the funds get right.

I see all these you tube vids and have done quite a bit of research and this board just does not have the clocking ability so to speak as some other boards that are not priced that far out of reach.....and another thing on that note....I see these post about people getting this chip stable at 3.8 and 4.0 and even a lil higher ..all under 1.3vcore and I just dont understand it....I gotta set it to 1.350 in the bios and play with the nb and dram voltages to get it to pass this cool down test alone(without prime shutting down on core1 that is) ...although its passing intel burn, this test and orthos 1 hour test with 1.35v and 1.5 pll, 1.92 dram, 1.2 fsb term, 1.47 nb(and i think thats high??) and 1.05sb...I forgot this aint a overclocking forum, just wanted to toss that in there

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009