• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Starting From Scratch

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
LOL I thought I was pushing it LOL I better get a better CPU cooler first and speaking of that.Im more concerned with this mobo not too sure about the NB voltages...remember this is all new to Me lol

no i totally understand... you have had the "OVER-CLOCKING WILL KILL YOUR MOTHERBOARD, CPU, AND POSSIBLY YOUR CHILDREN (OR FUTURE CHILDREN)" as have many who dabble in our little black art. :laugh:

not the case :D.

I do recommend a good cooler tho, something not too expensive (nothing zalman) and something easy to mount.

NB voltages and temps can be tricky, but a quiet 80MM fan pointed at the NB heatsink will drop your temps by 20-25C easy.

Dr. Blue

System Name DreamMachine
Processor Intel Q9550
Motherboard Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.6
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems
Memory 4gs Super Talent (4-4-3-8)
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Display(s) 2@ Dell 2001fp LCD
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Mushkin 580 Modular
Software Win 7 Pro x64
problem is I got this mATx board and a mid size case so for now Im a lil cramped for space....prolly will just keep this one runnin like so or maybe even drop it back to 3.4 and give it to the misses....I got my eyes out on a future project when the funds get right.

I see all these you tube vids and have done quite a bit of research and this board just does not have the clocking ability so to speak as some other boards that are not priced that far out of reach.....and another thing on that note....I see these post about people getting this chip stable at 3.8 and 4.0 and even a lil higher ..all under 1.3vcore and I just dont understand it....I gotta set it to 1.350 in the bios and play with the nb and dram voltages to get it to pass this cool down test alone(without prime shutting down on core1 that is) ...although its passing intel burn, this test and orthos 1 hour test with 1.35v and 1.5 pll, 1.92 dram, 1.2 fsb term, 1.47 nb(and i think thats high??) and 1.05sb...I forgot this aint a overclocking forum, just wanted to toss that in there

Last edited: