• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stay safe. Storm coming!!!

Raw

System Name it's a computer
Processor INTEL i5-2500K OC'ed @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z68-V DELUXE Gen3
Cooling NOCTURA NH-C14
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB
Storage Intel® Solid-State Drive 730 Series SSDSC2BP240G4R5 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC
Display(s) SAMSUNG 24HD Model # 2494 Sync Master
Case CM HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Gold AX850 Full Modular
Software Windows 10
A lot of us lost power for 2 days

I think it should be left open in case anyone needs help in the days to come.
It will fade into the archives eventually when all is well again on the east coast.
We'll keep an eye on it so it doesn't just become a thread crapping nightmare. ;)

:toast:

That's cool Kreij.
It's still a hot topic around these parts up here. I took a ride around town today to see the damages. Not much in the immediate area but I checked up on some of my older neighbors to make sure they were all set. Everybody was doing good so far.
A lot of us lost power for 2 days, some still don't have it around my home.
Lots of trees down, utility company is working very hard to restore everyone. Should all be good by tomorrow I'd bet.
Lake Ontario had 22 foot waves, that's seroius. It could have been a lot worse up here.
As I said, I live a mile from the shoreline. I know that lake like I own it. Being a old time lake fisherman.
It gets nasty even during a regular October.
But 22 feet...that's amazing no one got hurt around here.
And I have a large bay behind me. Water everywhere.
Glad it wasn't real cold, like January or February.
We got lucky, other places and states didn't.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Whatever dude, Have a good one.

How about you stop acting like a typical yankee? The world didn't end your state got hit by a MILD version of what the gulf coast and southern east coast deals with on a yearly basis. The only reason there was as much damage as there was from a category 1 is because the entire city is not prepared for existing on a coastline.

Remember Hurricane Katrina? 902mbar, 175mph winds, 1833 dead, 108 billion in damage.
Remember Hurricane Ike? 935mbar, 145mph winds, 195 dead, 37.6 billion in damage.

Now for Sandy...940mbar, 110mph winds, 132 dead, 20.4 billion in damage.

It was smaller weaker and less damaging than what the gulf dealt with. Lets not even get started on Florida.

Stop acting like the world ended. You are dealing with something that everyone on the cost deals with. Life will move on the world is not over stop acting like a 5 year that thinks his problems make everything else look like nothing.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
How about you stop acting like a typical yankee? The world didn't end your state got hit by a MILD version of what the gulf coast and southern east coast deals with on a yearly basis. The only reason there was as much damage as there was from a category 1 is because the entire city is not prepared for existing on a coastline.

Remember Hurricane Katrina? 902mbar, 175mph winds, 1833 dead, 108 billion in damage.
Remember Hurricane Ike? 935mbar, 145mph winds, 195 dead, 37.6 billion in damage.

Now for Sandy...940mbar, 110mph winds, 132 dead, 20.4 billion in damage.

It was smaller weaker and less damaging than what the gulf dealt with. Lets not even get started on Florida.

Stop acting like the world ended. You are dealing with something that everyone on the cost deals with. Life will move on the world is not over stop acting like a 5 year that thinks his problems make everything else look like nothing.

seriously CD? Seriously? If you would have looked to the LEFT<< I says GA. also I am not complaining about the storm, I was pointing out Tricksons piss poor attitude. I am still in left field on why you are coming off like you are.

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
seriously CD? Seriously? If you would have looked to the LEFT<< I says GA. also I am not complaining about the storm, I was pointing out Tricksons piss poor attitude. I am still in left field on why you are coming off like you are.

It's not just you seriously there is a celebrity telethon planned WTF?

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
It's not just you seriously there is a celebrity telethon planned WTF?

You quoted my post are you blind? why quote one post if its not towards me? My whole entire involvement in this thread had NOTHING to do with the damn hurricane. Obviously there was WAY more tragic than sandy. Are you fricking high cause last I checked the air force doesn't allow drugs

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM

What was piss poor about my attitude? I was only kidding around.
BTW It has been flooding on the coast of Oregon for 2 days now. No damage as we here know how to prepare for this stuff.
I was only kidding around after seeing the sharks swimming in NJ and the tunnel flooded to the MAX and cars piled up around the entrance. It seems that people were making light of this "Supper Storm" Way before me. I hope that I did not come off as having a piss poor attitude that was not my intentions. Sorry. :eek:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Will you two give it a fricken rest? I swear, you two are going to start another tropical storm with all of your flaming. :banghead:
BTW It has been flooding on the coast of Oregon for 2 days now. No damage as we here know how to prepare for this stuff.
Lets see you handle 10 feet of rain in 24 hours. I bet your computer pumps water out of your basement too. :slap:

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Will you two give it a fricken rest? I swear, you two are going to start another tropical storm with all of your flaming. :banghead:

Lets see you handle 10 feet of rain in 24 hours. I bet your computer pumps water out of your basement too. :slap:

LOL. I have been in my fare share of natural disasters. And on top of that I am MARRIED! :mad:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, all is good here at our place, in Central VA; some limbs & trees are down.
It was sorta hit and miss on the coast, some flooding and wind damage. Our place on the Rappahannock was spared. Others in the same area... not so lucky.

Hurricanes are not usually terrible as the Northeasters here; but, it was the weird combo that made it as bad as it was, especially, for the coastal regions and the area from Northern VA to Maine and inland.

I have lost more seawalls and soil to Northeasters, than Hurricanes.
Lost three seawalls to Northeasters; so, now we went to rip-rap instead, replacing soil is expensive!

I hope everyone is safe and warm in the blizzard areas and in the flood/damage zones.

EDIT:

LOL. I have been in my fare share of natural disasters. And on top of that I am MARRIED! :mad:

So am I, what do what have to do with anything? :slap:

Marriage is a disaster in some cases and can be natural or unnatural! ;)

Last edited:
System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Isn't this more of a general nonsense thread?

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
I'm beginning to think that the storm did more damage to peoples brains than any thing else. It is like it washed and blew away brains cells. No one can fun or joke or any thing. it is all about the doom and gloom. GOD get over it! It was just some wind and rain. Yeah it did Billions in damage, But who's fault is that really? You live on the fucking coast you live below sea level and won't leave to higher ground when told to GET THE FRAK OUT!!! And because of this I should be on bended knee 24/7? I said my prayers and that is all I can do. And before you get pissed at me I am 100% self contained in a BIG ASS RV! I get out of the weathers way and can and do LEAVE when told to evacuate! People that chose to stay have balls and are brave I give you this but remember YOU took the risk NOT me. I feel for every one that has felt the impact of this monster storm get well soon and remember, The Safety of you/Your family and every thing you have is YOUR responsibility NOT mine!

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
So am I, what do what have to do with anything? :slap:

He was trying to make a joke and lighten the mood. You know... about the pains of being in a marriage and stuff.

@brandonwh64:
trickson going on about the east coast was due to an earlier post of mine. I stated that the only reason there was massive coverage of Sandy at the moment was due to the east coast being more important because it has more people and more wealthy/connected/socially significant people there as well as having the latter's stuff affected. Don't take it as trickson hating on the east coasters. He's just playing off that earlier post.

The storm has begun to leave the area and is expected to head to Canada. Media coverage will drop back to levels when Sandy was hitting Cuba, Jamaica, and Haiti. In other news, people living in lower Manhattan still have power outages and will not likely get power and public services restored for about a week. The New York Stock Exchange on the other hand. New Jersey suffered much worse overall and they'll probably take much longer to recover.

Disclaimer: I live in New York City and am quite cynical about the stuff that happens here, especially stuff involving the media. I probably should add my location to my profile... :)

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
I'm beginning to think that the storm did more damage to peoples brains than any thing else. It is like it washed and blew away brains cells. No one can fun or joke or any thing. it is all about the doom and gloom. GOD get over it! It was just some wind and rain. Yeah it did Billions in damage, But who's fault is that really? You live on the fucking coast you live below sea level and won't leave to higher ground when told to GET THE FRAK OUT!!! And because of this I should be on bended knee 24/7? I said my prayers and that is all I can do. And before you get pissed at me I am 100% self contained in a BIG ASS RV! I get out of the weathers way and can and do LEAVE when told to evacuate! People that chose to stay have balls and are brave I give you this but remember YOU took the risk NOT me. I feel for every one that has felt the impact of this monster storm get well soon and remember, The Safety of you/Your family and every thing you have is YOUR responsibility NOT mine!

Um... what?

Again.. move this junk to GN

cdawall

Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
You quoted my post are you blind? why quote one post if its not towards me? My whole entire involvement in this thread had NOTHING to do with the damn hurricane. Obviously there was WAY more tragic than sandy. Are you fricking high cause last I checked the air force doesn't allow drugs

Oh don't worry you are part of the problem if you read I put it's not just you.

Will you two give it a fricken rest? I swear, you two are going to start another tropical storm with all of your flaming.

All I posted was that it really was not as bad as the media seems to be playing it up. A city built under sea level with an apparently underbuilt seawall failed. It is no where near as bad as what we have seen in this country let alone world wide. The only reason it is being played up like it is because of the area it hit. Same thing would happen if it hit Beverly Hills.

I understand some of you had property damage from this lost power etc. Trust been through enough to get that, but seriously there was zero media coverage when it was a real category 2 hurricane. The wind and rain also did a lot less damage than some people seem to think the major damage would have been the storm surge.

System Name Selene / Yoda
Processor Fx 8350 @ 4.4 / Phenom II x6 1090t @ 3.6
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 r4.0 / Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Cooling H100i / Xig Dark Knight
Memory 4x 8gb G.Skill Snipers / 4x 4gb G.Skill Ares
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9 290x / XfX DD & VisionTek HD6850's C'fired
Storage 256gb ssd, 2x 2tb Wd Blacks & 1x 1tb Wd black / 1x 1tb
Display(s) Dell Ultra Sharp 2408 WFp / Hp w2207
Case Raidmax Vampire / Chieftec Alum. Dragon Blue
Audio Device(s) Onboard Hd Audio / Onboard Hd Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX 850 watt / Corsair TX 750 watt
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Win 10 pro / Win Vista Home prem. 64 bit
Benchmark Scores What are benchmarks anyway?
Well, all is good here at our place, in Central VA; some limbs & trees are down.
It was sorta hit and miss on the coast, some flooding and wind damage. Our place on the Rappahannock was spared. Others in the same area... not so lucky.

Hurricanes are not usually terrible as the Northeasters here; but, it was the weird combo that made it as bad as it was, especially, for the coastal regions and the area from Northern VA to Maine and inland.

I have lost more seawalls and soil to Northeasters, than Hurricanes.
Lost three seawalls to Northeasters; so, now we went to rip-rap instead, replacing soil is expensive!

I hope everyone is safe and warm in the blizzard areas and in the flood/damage zones.

EDIT:

Marriage is a disaster in some cases and can be natural or unnatural! ;)

Here in the Shenandoah valley Va. we actually didn't get no where near what they where predicting. We got mild rain for 3 days and about an inch of snow yesterday morning but other then that nothing. They where expecting high winds and massive power outages. We got spared and got very lucky on this one. I wish the coast would have been as lucky too.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
He was trying to make a joke and lighten the mood. You know... about the pains of being in a marriage and stuff.

@brandonwh64:
trickson going on about the east coast was due to an earlier post of mine. I stated that the only reason there was massive coverage of Sandy at the moment was due to the east coast being more important because it has more people and more wealthy/connected/socially significant people there as well as having the latter's stuff affected. Don't take it as trickson hating on the east coasters. He's just playing off that earlier post.

The storm has begun to leave the area and is expected to head to Canada. Media coverage will drop back to levels when Sandy was hitting Cuba, Jamaica, and Haiti. In other news, people living in lower Manhattan still have power outages and will not likely get power and public services restored for about a week. The New York Stock Exchange on the other hand. New Jersey suffered much worse overall and they'll probably take much longer to recover.

Disclaimer: I live in New York City and am quite cynical about the stuff that happens here, especially stuff involving the media. I probably should add my location to my profile... :)

IMO, the reason it gets more media coverage is because of the highly populated area, be it NY or other locations.

Why, you may ask? Because it's very bad when these storms hit populated areas but several orders of magnitude worse when said areas are highly populated.

Think about it: when meteorologists say wind is @ X speed, that speed is @ ground level and what do heavy populated areas have allot more then not so populated areas? Highrises.

This page pretty much explains why this is.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
You know what? When Joplin Missouri got wiped off the face of the planet, Obama did not even go there at all! But he is on a tour of the aftermath of Sandy! Now that is a joke!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
You know what? When Joplin Missouri got wiped off the face of the planet, Obama did not even go there at all! But he is on a tour of the aftermath of Sandy! Now that is a joke!

Honestly, your posts are turning into jokes. I don't see any reason whatsoever that you need to post in this thread anymore. Leave it be. Same goes for the other people arguing in this thread.

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
As someone who was activated for both Sandy and Irene.. the east coast is not built to withstand these storms. Thats why its such a big deal. Because we get f'd up when they happen. (I remember we thought it'd be a good idea to move from NYC to Farmingdale as the storm was hitting during Irene... not in our humvees but in a big blue school bus.. safe to say we were the only people on the LIE)

Now GN or atleast a forum section where this doesnt boost post counts

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 67555

Glad it's over...sad people died...astonished that the same thread on GN stayed civilized and the thread here on TPU did not...

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Glad it's over...sad people died...astonished that the same thread on GN stayed civilized and the thread here on TPU did not...

DDD got banned.

It was a win.