1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam converting Trine 2 to a more efficient file... ?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Phusius, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Went to go play Trine 2 tonight and Steam said please wait a moment, converting Trine 2 to a more efficient blah blah. This normal?

2. JoelFB New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes this is normal. :) Trine 2 is now using the awesome new Steam content system, hence the quick conversion.

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Wow nice to see a direct response from a Dev, and first post at that here, on the ball.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey man your game is awesome. Been playing games since 1982 and I gotta say you guys made something special man. If you ever need an another artist I would love to contribute just to be involved. Either way, kudos man. Epic game.

5. JoelFB New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heh, thanks guys, much appreciated. :) (Our jobs address at http://www.frozenbyte.com/contact/ takes applications but basically we use Finnish as our work language and don't use any outsourcing/partnering at the moment, so that's always a complicating factor.)

6. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:

Trine is indeed an awesome game, can you tell us yet if there will be a new game from your company this year? Not necessarily Trine 3, I just am interested in what your company has to offer since I enjoyed Trine 1 and 2 so much.

7. JoelFB New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, we do have the Trine 2 expansion coming out, so that's something to look forward to. :) We'll also have Splot released on some platforms this year (iOS/Android and probably something for our Humble Frozenbyte Bundle users). After those it'll take a while until the next game... hopefully not too long but we'll see. :)

8. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    @Joel : I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to come to TPU and answer questions.
    That means a lot to me (and a lot of folks here) and I will continue to support your work. :toast:

9. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Rare to see any sort of response from devs.
    Good to see it happening here.

10. JoelFB New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heh thanks. :) I could've sworn I had posted here before but I guess not after all, probably the input wasn't necessary to the threads... but yeah we do a fair bit of Google stalking to keep on top of things. :)