1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam Winter Sale 2013

Discussion in 'Games' started by lyndonguitar, Dec 19, 2013.

1. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    xvi says thanks.
  2. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    Main things I want are Wargame Airland Battle and Payday 2, though can't really afford them at the moment. I'll just hold out and hope they are on sale for less during the summer.

3. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    This winter sale is a bit lame.

1. No publisher packs (Only valve has a "complete pack") :(
    2. A lot of my games in the wishlist didn't make the sale(Starbound, Rust, DayZ, 7 Days to Die, etc) The first three games I mentioned are even in the top sellers :mad:
    3. Almost all of the sales prices are just a rehash of the recent steam autumn sale, Only difference is that we get trading cards this time. :shadedshu:

4. John_Abraham

John_Abraham

Thanks Received:
    Don't you think they will have sales on those things later on? The whole thing lasts 2 weeks.

5. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    Nope. A reliable sign is that if game is has no discount in the initial sale, chances are they won't be in the daily deals/flash sales either.

the cut-off date for the sale prices(for the devs/publishers) was on the november 15th and those games I mentioned were released way after that. so sadly no discounts for them.

If you are referring to the publisher packs. They are always sale-long, appears in the first up to the last day.

So unless Valve breaks up their norm it looks like I won't be spending much this xmas :laugh:

6. John_Abraham

John_Abraham

Thanks Received:
    Interesting. I've bought my fair share of Steam games, especially at sale time, but I've never really paid attention to it that closely.

I would have liked to see Starbound, Rust, and DayZ Standalone go on sale.