• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries SX

The SteelSeries SX gaming mouse pad is made from highly polished aluminum which gives this pad a completely new type of surface grip. In our testing we come to the conclusion that the pad is extremely accurate and great for fast paced gaming. The only drawback is the high price of almost $60.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

PimpUigi

How's the noise level while normally using the pad?

If it were clean, or just minorly dirty?

20machinm

hardly any noise, clean or dirty. about the same as the s&s solo, less than the icemat 2e.

One problem I found using my Logitech Mx518 is that at very high speeds, the optical sensor loses tracking. I.e. when I flick my mouse really fast to shoot in games, the crosshair doesnt follow and just doesnt move or not very much onscreen. I'm going to upgrade to a laser mouse to overcome this problem.

Clean it isn't noisy. With a bit of dirt on the noise becomes a bit more apparent, but not like on a Icemat.

hokasu

Absolutely no response when used with older MS optical mouse

I ordered this pad for use with a Fragnstein/PS3, however my daily mouse is the classic white MS optical mouse. I was hoping to use this pad for that as well, but no dice - it doesn't move at all. Most disappointing.