• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries 9H Headset Now Available for Pre-Order

SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of gaming peripherals today, announced pre-order availability of the new, tournament-grade 9H Gaming Headset. Exclusively available on the SteelSeries Web Shop, the 9H features powerful, tournament-grade audio drivers and Dolby surround sound technologies. Its finely tuned, custom-engineered soundscape features a wide dynamic range, which makes it possible for the 9H to deliver a balanced and linear tournament-grade soundscape.

Available for $159.99, the 9H has a rugged, industrial design that is deceivingly lightweight, setting new standards for comfort and fit for headsets this size. Players will experience unique features like:
  • Its premium driver units, in combination with a high-grade mylar film over the speaker allows the sound in the game to be heard with very low distortion
  • SteelSeries' swappable cable system with in-line audio controls for use with PC, Mac, tablets and phones
  • Enhanced passive noise reduction via extra-padded leather ear cushions and an added layer of outer material to each earcup
  • The retractable microphone system that picks up clear-voice communication and can be easily pulled out or stored inside of the left earcup

Equipped with an advanced USB soundcard, the SteelSeries 9H provides users with Dolby Technology that works together to create incredible sound:
  • Dolby Digital - reproduces multichannel audio to deliver a cinematic audio experience
  • Dolby Headphone - allows up to 7.1 channels of realistic multi-channel surround sound
  • Dolby Prologic IIx - provides the smoothest surround sound experience allowing for multiple listening modes and a more realistic sound

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Just a heads up for potential buyers, make sure you register your headset as soon as you get it. Make sure you keep your invoice and all that. Why? Because these SteelSeries headsets, especially the 7hd and 9hd's, are fragile. I've had two pairs of 7hd's and both broke AFTER the warranty expired. They sounded and worked great, for about a year. Just a heads up.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Just a heads up for potential buyers, make sure you register your headset as soon as you get it. Make sure you keep your invoice and all that. Why? Because these SteelSeries headsets, especially the 7hd and 9hd's, are fragile. I've had two pairs of 7hd's and both broke AFTER the warranty expired. They sounded and worked great, for about a year. Just a heads up.

This has been my experience as well with Steelseries headphones.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN

Speaking of the devil. My 7H broke down this week after 2 yrs and 9 months of service. The right driver stopped working, perhaps it is related to the weak connection (seeing how you can take it apart into 3 pieces).
The sound quality was excellent however (I am no audiophile though).
Now that I am looking for a replacement what would you recommend?
I am shopping in the 70 to 120 euro range, and quite frankly there don't seem to be that many options. Main usage is gaming, movies and music (in that order). I don't want an overly heavy bass, because that would likely suppress (not sure if that is the right verb) the midrange too much.
Does anyone know if the new Corsair Vengeance 1400 is any good?

System Name The one that's doing stuff
Processor Core i7 - 2700K
Motherboard ASRock Z77M
Cooling CM Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 2 x 4 GB DDR3 Kingston Fury 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 960 WF
Storage 480 GB SSD SanDisk Extreme Pro II
Case BitFenix Phenom M
Power Supply Seasonic FL-520W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G11
They look pretty decent, expect the price. :D Did anybody get them, any experiences?