• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Announces Partnership with Faze Clan

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Today, SteelSeries announces its official partnership with popular eSports organization FaZe Clan. This partnership makes SteelSeries the exclusive peripheral partner of FaZe Clan and includes sponsorship of all eSports teams including Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Call of Duty, Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege and FIFA.

FaZe Clan is home to some of the most successful eSports teams and players in the world. Their world class CS:GO team comes off the back of a Top 4 finish at the ESL Pro League Finals and an impressive 3-0 tournament win at the Intel Extreme Masters in Sydney.

"eSports is a pivotal piece of SteelSeries' identity," said Tony Trubridge, Global eSports Manager at SteelSeries. "FaZe Clan and their ability to drive a collective passion through knowledge and dedication is unparalleled. We're incredibly proud to officially partner with the team and to equip them with the ultimate eSports products."

"SteelSeries has a rich history of working with legendary talent and is a welcome partner to FaZe Clan." said Erik Anderson, Head of FaZe Clan eSports. "SteelSeries sets the bar for the superior products that our teams and players need as they continue to build their legacy."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
If Steelseries could fix their quality control they would have some really good products. But I have had their RIval 310 mouse for 7 months and already having double clicking issues or miss clicks (This could have been fixed I think with making their left and right click not so loose and floating feeling), and the silicon sides are starting to peel off because they used a really cheap glue for sticking them to the plastic hull of the mouse. Also the glue is not very resistant to any amount of heat, even heat from your hands after longer gaming sessions.

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
If Steelseries could fix their quality control they would have some really good products. But I have had their RIval 310 mouse for 7 months and already having double clicking issues or miss clicks (This could have been fixed I think with making their left and right click not so loose and floating feeling), and the silicon sides are starting to peel off because they used a really cheap glue for sticking them to the plastic hull of the mouse. Also the glue is not very resistant to any amount of heat, even heat from your hands after longer gaming sessions.
My broken SteelSeries headphones completely agree with you, as do I.
I almost forgot, but my sensei mouse wheel has few things to say also... but it can't because it doesn't work

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

They cut too many corners, and then try and sell it as a positive feature. They marketted the silicon side grips as being amazing, but they really suck once some hand oils get on them. They are very slippery. Im done with their products.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64

+1. First time I got SS product was a Kinzu Pro v2 . I loved the shape of the mouse, but the left click was gone so fast....and for so much money....seriously. I really like the Danish design, but they have to fix their QQ and also when will they release an affordable wireless mouse?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Which one of those boys is Fay? :p

Processor i7 4770K
Motherboard Asus Z87-Expert
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S, &case fans all controlled by Aquaero 6
Memory 2x8GB TeamGroup Xtreem LV 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Vega 64
Storage Samsung 840 Pro + 2x 5GB WD Red@RAID1
Display(s) Dell U3014
Case Lian Li PC-A71B
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR, Objective2 (2x), AKG K702&712, Beyerdynamic DT990
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 650 (+Eaton 5P 1550 as "backup power")
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G810
If Steelseries could fix their quality control they would have some really good products.
Who cares about quality? Isn't advertised big brand name all that matters?:rolleyes:

Advertising is legalized lying.
-H. G. Wells

If advertisers spent the same amount of money on improving their products as they do on advertising then they wouldn't have to advertise them.
-Will Rogers

But why improve products when you can just sell any garbage with enough marketing...

Suspect it was already broken by design in the first place.
https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/60...gher-quality-testresults---frequency-response
All the biggest hype brands Asus, Corsair, Razer, Roccat and SteelSeries belong to those with worst frequency responses!
Even older than game fashion brands Turtle Beach has pretty total turd as Z60...

When getting chance to test it that made 30€ Superlux HD-330 sound like top quality headphone in comparison.
Binaural sound is ultimate headphone test and what should be important for gaming headphones.
So naturally almost all gaming headphones use closed design whose acoustics is extreme challenge/drag for soundstage...