• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Sensei Ten

pzogel

Reviewer
About ten years after the release of the Sensei (Xai), SteelSeries brings one of their most beloved shapes back with the Sensei Ten. It may look like the original Sensei from the outside, but has the most recent tech under the hood: SteelSeries' newest flagship sensor, the TrueMove Pro, and main button switches rated for 60 million clicks.

Show full review

System Name All Switched Up
Processor Intel Core i9-9900k @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi w/ EK monoblock
Cooling Custom EK Watercooling loop - 2x 360 | 1x 240 Rads
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra w/ EK Quantum Vector Waterblock + Active Backplate
Storage 1x Samsung 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD - 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD - 1x Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD
Display(s) Viewsonix XG270QG Elite 1440p x2
Case Lian Li O11Dynamic XL - White
Audio Device(s) ifi Zen CAN/DAC | Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC | Sennheiser HD 6XX | HiFiMan HE-5XX
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P6 Platinum
Mouse Glorious Model O Wireless | Model D
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Pro w/ Holy Panda's
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores yes
WHAT!?! Where are all the holes!? Blasphemy!!

Actually. Good on SteelSeries on sticking to what the Sensei has been over the years.. Really like my other Sensei mice, even though they don't get used as much anymore.

I've been using the Sensei RAW and its variants like the COD and Heros of the the Storm editions for the last 6 years. It's definitely my favourite mouse around but I'm sad to see they have not equipped the TEN with a paracord style cable and ~10grams less would also be welcome. Other then those, I will be trying one if I find it on a sale around $50.

Thanks for the review!

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I've said this before, but all I want from them is a wireless Kinzu PRO edition. Other than that, in my head SteelSeries will always be Danish design+cheap internals at high prices (at least the low-mid tier mice). You could probably get better internals from A4Tech (Bloody) at half the price and be fine with it.

System Name Ryzen shine, Mr Freeman
Processor 5900X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Dark Hero
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 ARGB
Memory 32GB TridentZ Neo 3600 CL14
Video Card(s) 3080TI FE with Alphacool Eiswolf AIO
Storage 2TB 970 EVO PLUS, 1TB 980
Display(s) LG OLED 55CX
Case O11D XL Black
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STU, Mackie MR5+MR10S, HD598
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Mouse GPW
Keyboard G815
Why exactly is this highly recommended? It simply fails in 3 of the most important points, and there is an ocean filled with better mouses already, even if we only consider the pertty much outdated wired category.

Quite the crappy new product, as accustomed by all the latest SteelSeries products that have all been downgrades and insults to the older models' finishing and product quality.
While the Sensei PRO had metallic cover, this new model has the same cheap plastic all the SteelSeries mice have.
While the Sensei PRO had the braided mouse cable, this new Sensei Ten has the same bland all-plastic cable.

The matte rubberized coating is the PREFERRED choice among Sensei users. Also basically everyone would cut off the braiding on the cable, bringing it back to the rubber to make it more flexible and have less resistance.

Sounds like you have no experience with these. As you are listing the both of those as cons - when they are what the community wanted for this mouse. A paracord cable and around 10 grams less are the only other things I would want from this mouse.

iui4

I've had bad luck with the SteelSeries Ikari, but I really loved the shape of that mouse- then I got introduced to the Naos Mionix which also gave me problems both mice end up having double clicking issues . I just got the TEN and I'm kinda of disappointed still trying to find the perfect mouse. I'm actually pondering if I should just buy another IKARI it seems there isn't that much around apart from eBay. I might just do that.

@pzogel

Hey, I just wanted your opinion on the rival 106 vs the sensei shape - would you say they are about the same? Thanks for any input in advance and your mouse reviews are top notch!

pzogel

Reviewer
@pzogel

Hey, I just wanted your opinion on the rival 106 vs the sensei shape - would you say they are about the same? Thanks for any input in advance and your mouse reviews are top notch!
Sorry for the late reply, only saw your message now.

I'd say they're quite different. The Rival 106 has a steeper hump, is shorter, and overall much smaller, so even though the shape isn't that different, it feels decisively different in-hand. The Rival 106 was said to be inspired by the Kana, but I found it quite different from the Kana, which is indeed more similar to the Sensei, just sized down. Hope that helps—please let me know if you have any further questions.