• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stop locking threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
Locktite.jpg
At first I thought we were talking about this thread lock ....... :rockout:

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
I am progressive, but the far left ideology that shuts people down and separates us into "classes and groups" and groups all problems of society by those classes is the same as any other type of fanaticism. It's an ideology around separation and hate, generally adopted by morons to feel better about themselves.

They are the far left equivalent of the KKK, and no one has figured out how to deal with them yet...

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I am progressive, but the far left ideology that shuts people down and separates us into "classes and groups" and groups all problems of society by those classes is the same as any other type of fanaticism. It's an ideology around separation and hate, generally adopted by morons to feel better about themselves.

They are the far left equivalent of the KKK, and no one has figured out how to deal with them yet...

Canada and Europe will teach us soon. Lets see how the religion of peace now spreading across the west deal with the “tolerant left”

Old-Greg

System Name Wouldn't a laptop be better?
Processor i7-7700k / i7-8700k / Pentium G4560
Motherboard ASUS x2 and a naff MSI mobo.
Memory Crucial
Video Card(s) GTX 1080ti x2 / GTX 1060
Storage Crucial SSD's

Liberalism at it's finest :D

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Can we shift this from being a "bah liberals!" thread to... anything else?

Liberalism at it's finest :D

More like humans. Categorization of people and formation of groups is not an exclusively liberal disaease. Identity is part of the human condition. If you try to get rid of it, you are living a pipe dream.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
How is this thread not locked yet? It has probably triggered loads of peoples already.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
More people have left. Moderation sensation as well. Something has happened to TPU and I wonder if anyone can turn it around?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

More like humans. Categorization of people and formation of groups is not an exclusively liberal disaease. Identity is part of the human condition. If you try to get rid of it, you are living a pipe dream.

Yeah, no politics/racism/prejudice/stereotyping

Last edited:
Processor ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard AB350m Pro4
Cooling custom loop
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force TXKD416G3600HC18ADC01 16gbs XMP
Video Card(s) HP GTX1650 super 4gb
Storage MZVLB256HBHQ-000H1 PM981a (256GB)/3TB HDD
Display(s) Nitro XF243Y Pbmiiprx
Case Rosewill CULLINAN
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Mouse Best Buy Insignia
Keyboard Best Buy Insignia
Software Win 10 pro
More people have left. Moderation sensation as well. Something has happened to TPU and I wonder if anyone can turn it around?

if it brought anything more unique and stopped treating the people who ask the simple questions like crap then it would come back up. i see that many people who respond to people questions/concerns give the ops a hard time and just dont answer the question. i mean people sometimes just need a quick fix and dont have the time to read threw hours of how to solve the problem.

EDIT/ADDED: what im getting at is that occasionally and not often this happens. but it takes only a couple times for these types of things to happen and start showing up on google searches in threads for common problems. its threads where people are asking very simple and common issues that need to be monitored closely because they are generally the questions and problems others are having so when they search it and they go to a tpu link we need to look good as a community or they wont recommend others to us. they may take the info and run with it but not give credit to were they got it or refere others here because it could be to toxic or just off topic.

thats my rant. also, just leave anything not related to tech at the door. i can see why the thread in question was locked but the concerns are real for some.

Last edited:
They are the far left equivalent of the KKK
KKK would have a thing or two to learn from these modern social knights.
People are using gaming and tech sites to express their weariness with the political correctness dictatorship because it's one of the few spaces left where one can speak more or less freely. But even here the leftards are taking over, see Rock, Paper, Shotgun after being acquired by Eurogamer.
And where will people express themselves after all avenues are closed? The street. The twenties will come back with a vengeance; and then the lefty intellectuals will scratch their heads in puzzlement: where did it go wrong?

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough

In the end we are dealing with human nature itself, well known and proven to be rather nasty vs what it's not.
There are many old phrases used, some obviously frowned upon because some deem it as lumping folks into a group/pre-defining them such as "Birds of a feather flock together" yet at the same time it's true.

People are also subject to just going along with something because their friends/everyone is doing it. It's called peer pressue and we've all lived it at one time or another. Just think back about some of the things you've done yourselves.... And then see if you can recall "Why" and how far along you got swept up into it.
No one here was ever immune from that, myself included.

Speaking of those that act as modern social knights, I believe the current term is SJW. These are the literal footsoldiers of leftist movements that go out and do about anything they're told to. If not directly following instruction(s) they seek out opportunities to assault and batter "Because it's right" according to what they've been told - Can't say the right doesn't have it's share of these too because they do.

However these SJW's have been growing in numbers and aggressiveness as of late like the brownshirts did back in their day and I do hope we don't wind up with the same basic thing in the end they had when all was said and done.

Just good old human nature, that one thing you can rely one time and time again to be what it truly is.
We are our own worst enemy when it comes down to it.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
KKK would have a thing or two to learn from these modern social knights.
People are using gaming and tech sites to express their weariness with the political correctness dictatorship because it's one of the few spaces left where one can speak more or less freely. But even here the leftards are taking over, see Rock, Paper, Shotgun after being acquired by Eurogamer.
And where will people express themselves after all avenues are closed? The street. The twenties will come back with a vengeance; and then the lefty intellectuals will scratch their heads in puzzlement: where did it go wrong?

See this is the real problem. Something happens and people go off wildly speculating how it runs out of control. And then other people find a way to thrive on that chaos. People watch too many movies.

Here's the real world for you: there are so many checks and balances and even though they keep doing their job (enter any subject, from recent election(s) to privacy to... doesn't matter) some people remain convinced these checks and balances either don't exist or when they do, are somehow surprised they did.

Speaking on the closed thread: Valve's move is one that completely counters the current 'internet reality' of SJWs coming out to everything 'we love' and taking it away. Here's a company that shows and acts like checks and balances should, and always will. Everything in this world is way too connected and invested into everything else to make it all fall apart. People need to chill.. The world doesn't change overnight -again, that's the stuff of movies.

And just like that, this forum has checks and balances too. Let them do their job. We just need to chill ...

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Lighten up? How?

10 years ago we can have something like this in a front page TPU review

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Computex_2009/Girls/

Now? Try to post something like this as a forum post will probably earn you the title of "sexist racist bigot nazi homophobic hurt hurt feelings and etc" And that will also get locked up in no time.

This is not progressive, this is regressive.

Possibly from some members that feel strongly about it but is that not what you want? I thought the whole point of this thread was that some of you want the opportunity to have open honest conversations without threads being closed, it's not regressive if other members are saying it, as for me, as I said earlier, if posts and comments stay within the guidelines then it's good, however in relation to the link you exampled, if they show any form of nudity or are a deliberate attempt at marginalising women (or anyone else) then that's a different thing, you are trying to state an argument for having choice and opinions..... that's good but if choice and opinions occasionally cause offence then that's where we have to look at it in a wider perspective.

In any case, your example has already been superseded to some degree worldwide, the use of some groups (such as females) used for promotional reasons for many sports has changed since 2009, many sports have stopped doing it, the thing is many would find that progressive, not regressive.

Where I personally have an issue is where some members deliberately want to cause offence, that then moves from opinion to motive and IMO can only be bad in a community.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Any good new Steam games out?

Anyway, this is why your site is aids TPU. Just ban everyone and start over. Most of your community is a bunch of schoolgirls who know very little or who are google search informed about computer hardware and know more about crying and being passive aggressive towards each other. Great site, great layout, informative, great reviews, but your community is ebola TPU. Just IP ban the biggest crybabies and start over because these whiny little children are scaring away the people who actually know about computer hardware.

You cant insult people on a tech forum and then suggest an IP ban, they'd all have new IP's and accounts before they finished laughing at you

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
My ISP doesnt even have static IP's, i can just unplug and replug a cable to get around that...

If you want to be banned that badly, we do disable accounts on request.

IP bans along with recognizing behavior patterns would qualify you as a competent TPU moderator, or are you not? Maybe this is why TPU has an aids community, just a theory. (Yes I just insulted a moderator, feel free to ban me from this pissing contest known as the TPU forums)
Not that I wanna do this but I can very easily go on Tor & modify my behavior to continue using this site, for as long as the mods don't feel my new avatar needs a(nother) permanent vacation.
Pretty sure none can recognize me, even with an AI processor or whatever!

Also you're doing a fine job describing a thousand other forums, perhaps you'd like to reveal the one(s) where you're coming from?

Last edited:

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Me :) 2 phones 1 tablet ( all on different Mobile Networks ) and BB that' 4 IP Addresses that are Dynamicly Changed :)
Oh and there are about 6 IP access points unsecured i can also log onto
that's potentially lots of IP's i can use

perhaps you'd like to reveal the one(s) where you're coming from?

probably THW or TT :)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Glory to the powers that be. Starting a fight with a moderator never goes unpunished, even more so if you're "the new guy."

If you have cancerous behavior and you change it to be non-cancerous to hide your identity, then the forum will become a better place, what I'm I missing?
It's not the people all the time, that's what you don't seem to get. Different people react differently to various topics, those under stress (in real life) can act like jerks from to time to time. Judging people based on a few posts or under circumstances which are beyond their control is ludicrous. This is why we have humans & not bots policing this place. This is why we have judges & not books to sentence people! I see any contribution, towards this site, as meaningful so long as it isn't hateful to the point that someone might slap or punch you over it in real life. And yes I do support mild forms of trolling, keeps the place happy.

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
IP ban:laugh: ridiculous.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Well..... From here it looks like he painted a target on his own ass and the squirrel had a little target practice with it.
Either that or the clam/crab got 'em.

It's also funny he comes in here with less than 10 posts, just joined up and he's already tells folks how to run the place.
Guess he got showed how folks get ran off.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
A more topical question: how is this thread not locked yet?

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
Status
Not open for further replies.