• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stuttering at High FPS GTX 400 series

Processor C2duo e6750@ 2800mhz
Motherboard GA-P43T-ES3G
Cooling Xigmatek S1283
Memory 2x2Gb Kingstone HyperX DDR3 1600 (KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX )
Video Card(s) HIS HD 6870
Storage samsung HD103SJ
Case Xigmatek Utgard
Audio Device(s) X-FI Titanium Pci-e
Power Supply Xigmatek NRP-PC702 700W
Software win7 ultimate -64bit
Triple kit memory for i7 860? Btw can you test with 2 ram sticks (2 *2 =4GB ) ,i7 860 (and other socket 1156 cpus) can use dual channel memory not triple channel unlike socket 1366 (i7 9** ) cpus .Probably your ram working single channel with 3 sticks and this may be your problem.

Okay here are my stats:

700Watt Cable management powersupply, Toughpower
intel core 7 860 2.8 ghz quad core.
6gb of corsair dominator ram
evga p55 le motherboard with LATEST bios
gtx 470 superclocked video card
windows 7 64 bit fresh install

by the way can a mod please let me edit my sig

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Guys please help me I am so po'ed that i spent so much money on building this new system and i get constant jerking and stuttering with my games.

yes, ive found the fix... actually there are several.

Its on a per-engine basis, and there are specific per-engine fixes. Also lower ram timings, setting your priority in windows to "16"-"18" helps with smoothness in general. Also, overclocking the RAM on the 470 helps a little with stuttering... ive found that anything over 1750-1760 MHz makes a noticeable smoothness difference, especially when there are fast-switching cutscenses.

list the games you are having problems with, and I will let you know the fixes. Most of them are older games and vangage in that one scene. Newer ones dont have these issues.

all of it is software/driver based, and none of the older games do it in XP, or there are easy fixes. Its something having to do with DX9 games in 7 and vista. The security updates thing is another option, but i fixed the stuttering before having to go that route.

What game in particular do you notice it in the most?

Srdjan

Please someone help me please.....

And on topic phanbuey started.

Can you verify this http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2456912 ?

It seems like some of you have that kind of stutter, also do this http://www.overclockers.com/micro-stutter-the-dark-secret-of-sli-and-crossfire/ to verify if you hardware is all "fine".

I did some googling around for a few days now and did not find any solution whatsoever, by the way, it is not related to GTX series only, it can occur on any GPU for that matter.

Will do some testing with different hardware/software etc. and will let you know.

System Name The Venerable One
Processor Intel Core i7 980x 3.33GHz
Motherboard EVGA X58 FTW3
Cooling Big Ass fan pointed at the motherboard with the side panel off FTW
Memory 12GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256MB SSD/1.5TB HDD internal
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX 24" 1920X1200
Case SK-503 Super Case
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply SeaSonic 1000W Platinum Rated
Software Windows 7 Home SP1 64-bit
Benchmark Scores epic
Except phanbuey isn't talking about multi-GPU setups. His is single card.

Srdjan

Except phanbuey isn't talking about multi-GPU setups. His is single card.

Yes i know he is talking about single GPU setup, but that is a good way to measure any stutter caused by GPU/CPU or anything on harware/sowtware side.

It is a worth of try to know what exactly is cause of stutter, i have the problem with refreshrate-framerate sync, not problem on hardware side, so maybe he got the same, that's why i posted that links and registered anyway, curently trying to solve this puzzle.

EDIT: Solved problem now, it was a mainboard issue, despite that nothing is OC'ed on board ive had to set HT Freq to 1800Mhz (default 2000Mhz) and NB the same. Now frames are "pure" even at high FPS.

phanbuey i see name Gigabyte in your system spec, i assure you whan you change that name to MSI , ASUS or even AsRock your probs will gone :) , try to lower some settings on comunication betwen CPU and board (don't know how is going for intel now).

Sry for my "good english" ;)

Last edited: