• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stuttering every 5 seconds while playing

DanyelaOfCyrodiil

The TS didn't worked :C, while following the guide and doing tests on my own, only discovered that laptop is easy to crash to blue screen xDD, anyone have some other possible solutions??

I finally fixed this! At least for Kenshi and it had a huge impact on Subnautica, as well. I had these stutters, where the game ran fine for 1-10 seconds, then got these periodic slowdowns for 1-10 seconds, repeat. Same thing in both games. I just did this (it's a screenshot of some properties to set on the executable): Kenshi now runs smoothly...yes...KENSHI...runs smoothly (well, with low shadows...their shadows are immensely heavy)! I tried all the settings one at a time, but neither fully took care of the problem. The combination was golden, for some reason.

miller11

I suggest a deeper check. Surely could be, my steering set drivers and all the old lot were wreaking havoc at the time, but it seems like a hypervisor-virtualisation instance kind of lag(system setup level). I once tried playing nfs carbon on a pentium 3.2GHz cpu. Everytime I launched the car outside the tunnel, fps would aim for the skies, in which case the cpu would shut feeding 7800gs++ and I would sit until the cpu eased as the car smashed across the pavement at the other end of the street. I wasn't aware of framelimiters back then. I must say, musical chairs couldn't beat the anticipation.

You have to keep in mind, that sometimes it's all about bugs that game dev team can commit during development processes. There are plenty of game studios that do not have QA services and any kind of quality control teams, so after they make any game project, they rely on alpha and beta testers, who are simple players come for testing via email invitations. I love spend some time playing indie games, and I have a lot of game examples to compare with, but from the recent ones, I've noticed that many of well-known developers cooperate with iLogos game studio as an official game development outsourcing company, and all those game projects which are provided and developed by this team - have no problems with stuttering or any other software issues, not alike other games. I don't think it's all about coincidences, I truly think it's about game dev professionals which know how to bring reliable game solutions to life.

Hi, Sorry for reviving this old thread but anyways I am suffering from same issues as OP. While running any game, the frame rate suddenly drops. In csgo, the fps goes from 55 to 12 all of a sudden and stays in 12 for 5 seconds and comes back to normal and the process repeats. My system specs are Pentium 4415y, 4GB RAM (Dual channel), Intel HD 615 and 128GB SSD.

Also not just while gaming, but while watching youtube videos in 1440p, the video stutters and comes back to normal after few seconds. Never had any issues before when I even watched videos at 4k60. Anyways another strange issue, everytime I close a application, the system freezes for20-40 seconds and comes back to normal. Any help would be appreciated!!

Here's the latency mon results.
1608832014296.png

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Hi, Sorry for reviving this old thread but anyways I am suffering from same issues as OP. While running any game, the frame rate suddenly drops. In csgo, the fps goes from 55 to 12 all of a sudden and stays in 12 for 5 seconds and comes back to normal and the process repeats. My system specs are Pentium 4415y, 4GB RAM (Dual channel), Intel HD 615 and 128GB SSD.

Also not just while gaming, but while watching youtube videos in 1440p, the video stutters and comes back to normal after few seconds. Never had any issues before when I even watched videos at 4k60. Anyways another strange issue, everytime I close a application, the system freezes for20-40 seconds and comes back to normal. Any help would be appreciated!!
Seems like the storage drive might be causing the issue. Any chance you could double the 4 GB of RAM to 8 GB? Your PC likely is dipping into the page file if there’s nothing wrong with the 128 GB SSD. How much free space is available on the SSD?

1608832290474.png

Seems like the storage drive might be causing the issue. Any chance you could double the 4 GB of RAM to 8 GB? Your PC likely is dipping into the page file if there’s nothing wrong with the 128 GB SSD. How much free space is available on the SSD?

It's a ultrabook so RAM cannot be upgraded

I have around 40GB of free space remaining.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
What have you got in the program list?
I have an issued netbook as well. It keeps leaking ram. Funny enough, once after it fell, it completely lost the ability to hibernate. When it wakes up, it soon crashes in a few minutes; eventhough I try to keep freeing memory with Rammap.
I don't know what fixes it apart from a fresh OS. Maybe you need to make reservations as well.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
I don't have much applications installed. Maybe steam, EGS and 2-3 games

If you want help, you'll need to start a new thread. If not keep posting back here............