• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sudden "shadow acne" on modern hardware

System Name midnight toker
Processor i7 Skylake QHQF (6700K ES) @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4S
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Samsung DDR4 @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti Gaming OC @ 2080MHz
Storage 128GB SSD, 75GB & 2TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-SYNC Monitor
Case Cooler Master MB511
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP2000 headphones
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W G2
Mouse Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3050
Keyboard same
Software Arch Linux, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Yes, I have looked long and hard especially at your Tomb Raider video (fullscreen 1080p) and to be fair, the only error I can distinguish is the 'acne' (for lack of a better term..., it still doesnt sit well with me, call me stubborn) in Lara's hair, specifically between the strands of hair and even more specifically, ONLY when you turn to look around, which to me is an indication that this is very likely game specific, or driver related.
Shimmering balls all over my face but ONLY when the camera is moving, so pleasing:roll:

Did I behold a remarkable leap from game specific to driver related issues?

I'll spare my home schooled peers from an analogy to such precise diagnosis as I'm still collecting stars to make my forehead shine brighter among us... With overlapping glitches hopefully.

The problem is taking place in most games on my setup. Can't turn DX issues into game specific. Pick one or the other.

I have tried different drivers and fresh Windows installs as mentioned - just making it clean-air-clear since crystal-clear wasn't enough.

Still gotta try even older drivers as a long shot, thanks to people actually willing to help.

Although you're really special and tasteful, I'm sorry to break it to you but no one likes "shadow acne" in itself or as a term.

The water? I don't see an issue, its not pixelated, its just the way water is rendered, with several transparent flat textures that move over each other, the lowest layers being low-res texture. A perfect example of how developers use all sorts of trickery to save resources.
Nope, water is screwed up in many places including that one.

It gets worse on the still water within a lot of tombs to a point that people quite indifferent to artifacts wouldn't dismiss the thing as a native rendering quirk.

I'll record the issues zoomed in for further analysis in hopes of receiving more education on the matter.

I have yet to record the same footage with my good old 7990 and further expose the "shadow acne".

Ah, so challenging I wish I weren't sad about the aberrations.

The reason to try monitor is because you can distinguish for yourself if there are other artifacts caused by the TV's refresh rate trickery, which is a very common issue. Call it education of sorts, for yourself and this thread ;)
NVCP settings are interesting because you 've gone through clean installs and it may be worthwhile comparing settings combined with several Nvidia drivers, most notably, comparing same settings on an old one that gave you no issues and the most recent.

What have we here?

Fellow home schooled worldwide, unite... Sit back in awe before some precious teachings.

Oh, I assumed there were a million reasons to try a "regular monitor". Input delay maybe? Perhaps the higher contrast ratio of a few monitors will save my life?

Actually, I think not, but I'm so disappointed I'm willing to try anything.

Yeah... I'll plug my pc to a 60Hz LED monitor just to compare it with my 60Hz LED dumb TV. A real 144Hz monitor set to 120Hz? Let's do it too.

There's no "refresh rate trickery" for HDMI input on my TV, its technical specifications are so plain I doubt it features any trickery at all. There is hardly - if any - difference in HDMI input handling between my current displays and your average monitor, but I'm really open to ruling out anything at the moment.

I've seen a fair share of graphical anomalies in my gaming years and I do know that a vast majority is very simply just engine/game related, OR attributable to how the engine and the API work together. Given the fact that DirectX is undergoing active development, well... 1+1

As for the set of screenshots with ultra low graphics quality on dated games with huge anomalies - that is another issue entirely, and yes, if you get this, it needs work.

That's what I love about gurus. They've seen it all. In a humble way.

That's not "another issue entirely". Not at all, in case describing the issue with minimal accuracy is somewhat intended here.

If you don't see how similar the shadow stripes on those screenshots behave when compared with 3D shadow problems in general (especially that on Lara's hair you could spot yourself), regardless of game release date, then we diverge entirely.

My younger brother is having very similar issues with his 4k TV being used as a monitor. Try a real monitor. TV's do all sorts of fancy image enhancing stuff, and not all of it can be disabled most of the time. I think the rest of the discussion is a moot point until we rule out the obvious oddity, which is using a TV for a monitor.

Can barely relate.

My main LED TV is a 60Hz 1080p dumb display, practically a monitor, featuring about the same specs as many monitors apart from screen size.

Actually, it's been established that display related matters are the moot point in this discussion.

Artifacting from tile based rendering, welcome to the tradeoff for performance and visual accuracy.

I saw sprites and shadow errors when the 1xxx series card were released.

:/

I've been willing to quit grieving altogether and finally get to the acceptance part but it's hard...

Last edited:
System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
What have we here?
Fellow home schooled worldwide, unite... Sit back in awe before some precious teachings.
Oh, I assumed there were a million reasons to try a "regular monitor". Input delay maybe? Perhaps the higher contrast ratio of a few monitors will save my life?
Actually, I think not, but I'm so disappointed I'm willing to try anything.
Yeah... I'll plug my pc to a 60Hz LED monitor just to compare it with my 60Hz LED dumb TV. A real 144Hz monitor set to 120Hz? Let's do it too.
There's no TV "refresh rate trickery" for HDMI input on my TV, its technical specifications are so plain I doubt it has any trickery at all. There is hardly if any difference in HDMI input handling between my current displays and your average monitor, but I'm really open to ruling out anything at the moment.
That's what I love about gurus. They've seen it all. In a humble way.
That's not "another issue entirely". Not at all, sorry, in case describing the issue with minimal accuracy is somewhat intended here.
If you don't see how similar the shadow stripes on those screenshots behave when compared with 3D shadow problems in general (especially that on Lara's hair you could spot yourself), regardless of game release date, sorry, we diverge completely.
Can barely relate.

My main LED TV is a 60Hz 1080p dumb display, practically a monitor, featuring about the same specs as many monitors apart from screen size.

Actually, it's been established that display related matters are the moot point in this discussion.

Well fine, guy. Have it your way then. If you're going to insult people who you've asked to help you, then good luck to you sir. I could care less whether your problem is solved, but that's what a forum is for. As I said, my younger brother has very similar problems, so to me it would make sense to check. Moreover, that's how troubleshooting works. You don't dismiss a step in troubleshooting just because you don't think it could be the cause. That's a recipe for spending WAY too much time trying to fix something that might be able to be fixed with a 2 minute test. Ruling something out is a much better idea than insulting people who offer you advice. But it's your sanity. Be my guest.

Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
Well fine, guy. Have it your way then. If you're going to insult people who you've asked to help you, then good luck to you sir. I could care less whether your problem is solved, but that's what a forum is for. As I said, my younger brother has very similar problems, so to me it would make sense to check. Moreover, that's how troubleshooting works. You don't dismiss a step in troubleshooting just because you don't think it could be the cause. That's a recipe for spending WAY too much time trying to fix something that might be able to be fixed with a 2 minute test. Ruling something out is a much better idea than insulting people who offer you advice. But it's your sanity. Be my guest.
If you read it through, you'd realize I didn't really insult anyone. I've got a rather polite attitude towards people who teased me or neglected a lot of the thread info. It's a reaction.

I'm quite happy to be your guest and accept a recurrent suggestion based on problems you also observed.

That troubleshooting will be carried out. Thanks.

Last edited:
System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
So calling people homeschooled and the like...
"Sit back in awe before some precious teachings."
"Input delay maybe? Perhaps the higher contrast ratio of a few monitors will save my life?"

You're telling me that's not passive aggressiveness?

Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
So calling people homeschooled and the like...
"Sit back in awe before some precious teachings."
"Input delay maybe? Perhaps the higher contrast ratio of a few monitors will save my life?"

You're telling me that's not passive aggressiveness?
Calling myself homeschooled because I'm being educated by a star-filled guru? I don't think so.

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Calling myself homeschooled because I'm being educated by a star-filled guru? I don't think so.

My apologies... I think we might have a bit of a language barrier here. Is English a second language for you? I'm not being mean by asking that, simply trying to understand. Those phrases I quoted above can be interpreted as very sarcastic and rude. If it was not meant that way, then I apologize. :toast:

Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
My apologies... I think we might have a bit of a language barrier here. Is English a second language for you? I'm not being mean by asking that, simply trying to understand. Those phrases I quoted above can be interpreted as very sarcastic and rude. If it was not meant that way, then I apologize. :toast:
Spot-on, it's not my first language indeed. I'm glad we settled our differences and found some common ground in home schooling, unless I misinterpreted something, if that's the case I also apologize... :toast:

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Spot-on, it's not my first language indeed. I'm glad we settled our differences and found some common ground in home schooling, unless I misinterpreted something, if that's the case I also apologize... :toast:

My apologies then, I misinterpreted your tone. Using more expressive words and exaggerations (like calling someone a guru, or saying that a refresh rate will maybe "save your life") can sound sarcastic or mocking. And "home schooled" can be an insult in some situations, insinuating that a person is uneducated. I thought you were calling other people these things as insults. I know now you were just being enthusiastic. No hard feelings, and I hope you find your fix. :)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Walls of text but no movement towards actually trying that monitor for once - or different game titles etc. A disturbing lack of will to analyze the problem yourself.

I'm done here

Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
Walls of text but no movement towards actually trying that monitor for once - or different game titles etc. A disturbing lack of will to analyze the problem yourself.

I'm done here

I thought you were done here in your first post. Sad to see you go.

Just tried my pc on two different monitors. Same issues.

Worry not, for I shall gather patience and footage from several shimmering directx titles with two different cards.

Take good care and enjoy the upcoming holidays, space cowboy.

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
I admit that I did not delve into the first link that the OP posted and did start to read this thread thoroughly but the bickering had me skimming to here. What I would do is first reinstall the newest chipset for the Mobo right over the top with out uninstalling it and reboot, then I would reinstall Direct X again right over the top with out uninstalling. Retest gaming issues, and as a last resort and your savvy and bold a re-flash of the GPU and another test. The above steps are taking for granted you already installed all the other Mobo drivers and I also believe there is a Nvidia driver release just recently that addressed some issue with Tomb Raider. Good luck and hopefully we can stay on subject. This must really f-ing suck tho!

Take good care and enjoy the upcoming holidays, space cowboy.

P.S. We use to have a member here and I'm almost certain he went by "Space Cowboy" and that had to be at least 10 years ago so I re skimmed this thread for a poster named "Space Cowboy" but was had by sarcasm....:cry:

Last edited:
Been messing around with different settings, can’t reproduce your issues no matter what. Going to try same thing with GTX 970 tonight.

Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
What I would do is first reinstall the newest chipset for the Mobo right over the top with out uninstalling it and reboot, then I would reinstall Direct X again right over the top with out uninstalling. Retest gaming issues, and as a last resort and your savvy and bold a re-flash of the GPU and another test. The above steps are taking for granted you already installed all the other Mobo drivers and I also believe there is a Nvidia driver release just recently that addressed some issue with Tomb Raider. Good luck and hopefully we can stay on subject.

I followed the steps you suggested except reinstalling DX12, I wish MS allowed us to manually repair/reinstall it. Besides re-flashing the GPU with the stock bios, I tried a newer one - the only other compatible bios image available for my model. No progress so far, but thanks for taking the time to answer properly, I'll bear in mind your advice for further troubleshooting.

This must really f-ing suck tho!
Sucks big time :(

Been messing around with different settings, can’t reproduce your issues no matter what. Going to try same thing with GTX 970 tonight.
What I would advise is trying a different GPU , slower or faster it doesn't matter and see what happens then.
I couldn't replicate my 1080ti issues with my Radeon HD 7990 either.

I'm beginning to think it's my particular 1080ti piece, but EVGA OC Scanner hasn't returned a single error after performing all possible tests for a good while. I wonder how accurate this tool is as it can also check VRAM.

RMA it is anyway.

Let's truly hope it doesn't ultimately come down to this:
Artifacting from tile based rendering, welcome to the tradeoff for performance and visual accuracy.

Last edited:
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
I followed the steps you suggested except reinstalling DX12, I wish MS allowed us to manually repair/reinstall it. Besides re-flashing the GPU with the stock bios, I tried a newer one - the only other compatible bios image available for my model. No progress so far, but thanks for taking the time to answer properly, I'll bear in mind your advice for further troubleshooting.:

MS just released a today is Tuesday windows 10 update that fixes some DirectX issue and a fix for Microsoft Graphics Component ; so maybe you will get lucky https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955/windows-10-update-kb4048955

Oh and by the way you have some pretty nice hardware under the hood there!

Last edited:

Nvidia have been using tile-based rasterization since Maxwell, but i could not reproduce these graphical glitches on GTX 970 and GTX 980Ti.
I can see some shimmering here and there but I’m almost confident that is because of crappy FXAA used in this game. And it’s not even close to what i see in OP’s video.

Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Nvidia have been using tile-based rasterization since Maxwell, but i could not reproduce these graphical glitches on GTX 970 and GTX 980Ti.
I can see some shimmering here and there but I’m almost confident that is because of crappy FXAA used in this game. And it’s not even close to what i see in OP’s video.

"crappy FXAA" I wonder if he deselects all AA and retests what the results would be, almost looks like anomalies created by issues with AA selections between the game and the Nvidia control Panel.

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
That doesn't look like AA anomalies at all.

http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/intermediate-tutorials/tutorial-16-shadow-mapping/#

Look at the problems section.

That looks exactly like the issue OP has. This is a well documented effect , question is why does this appear only for such a few number of users.
Okay but the OP has NO issues with OpenGL games, but has issues with some DX12 games.

EDIT
I'm having a real issue trying to figure out if its a hardware combination issue or a software issue.
No issues within the same system with the AMD card but issues with his Nvidia card in same said system. So we need to figure out is it hardware related combination or a software issue with his hardware?

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
That's a general rendering mishandling problem in computer graphics as a whole , it doesn't matter what API is used.

That's why I am inclined to believe there is a driver bug caused by his specific hardware/software as this should only happen on a per-game basis ( if the game is poorly coded not the case here since we would all experience this ) and not across several DirectX games.

One thing he can try is maybe install Windows fresh on a new partition with the oldest drivers for the card and observe if the problem persists.

EDIT : Seems kind of trivial , but did you try updating DirectX ?

Last edited:
Cooling Corsair H100i
Case Cooler Master MB511
Keyboard same
"crappy FXAA" I wonder if he deselects all AA and retests what the results would be, almost looks like anomalies created by issues with AA selections between the game and the Nvidia control Panel.
I didn't mention it but I've tried AA completely off in NVCP and game settings.

Okay but the OP has NO issues with OpenGL games, but has issues with some DX12 games.

EDIT
I'm having a real issue trying to figure out if its a hardware combination issue or a software issue.
No issues within the same system with the AMD card but issues with his Nvidia card in same said system. So we need to figure out is it hardware related combination or a software issue with his hardware?
DX in general is misbehaving with my 1080ti. If I play a game in DX 9, 10, 11 or 12 I get the same issues.

However, if I run DX games on my Radeon HD 7990 on the same PC, the issues disappear.

I'll RMA my Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE to rule it out. It only bugs me that all my OpenGL games are working fine and so once were the DX ones. Also, EVGA OC Scanner returns no errors from any test.

That's a general rendering mishandling problem in computer graphics as a whole , it doesn't matter what API is used.

That's why I am inclined to believe there is a driver bug caused by his specific hardware/software as this should only happen on a per-game basis ( if the game is poorly coded not the case here since we would all experience this ) and not across several DirectX games.

One thing he can try is maybe install Windows fresh on a new partition with the oldest drivers for the card and observe if the problem persists.
I did that.

Despite being API-agnostic, the issues aren't present in OpenGL games on my current setup.

Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
I didn't mention it but I've tried AA completely off in NVCP and game settings.

DX in general is misbehaving with my 1080ti. If I play a game in DX 9, 10, 11 or 12 I get the same issues.

However, if I run DX games on my Radeon HD 7990 on the same PC, the issues disappear.

then I would reinstall Direct X again right over the top with out uninstalling. Retest gaming issues,

EDIT : Seems kind of trivial , but did you try updating DirectX ?
Please try reintalling DirectX https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
it will only take a minute and might help! Thank you in advance.
The download is titled "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe"

Last edited:
System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10

I see both texture (the still shots you posted) and shader problems (the video of the water in shadows). Skimming through this thread, I suspect the card, but like anything "check the cables" first, literally and figuratively. For example, @DRDNA suggestion to reinstall DX. Also, I didn't read if you had tried rolling back to an earlier driver?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Look man, (yes, I'm back) I've given you a very informative response on the end of page 1 with several suggestions and most of all, means to *exclude* things on the list of possible causes, which is always helpful to narrow down to the real cause and actually fix something. I didn't even read this particular comment of yours earlier... but have you noticed how ever since I was gone, other members have ALSO pushed you towards trying to update things and actually guide us through what you've tried and what it does?

You may not like my tone of voice, but I'm not talking out of my ass here. At the same time, your tone of voice is also one that alludes to the reason you've not solved the issue yet: you gotta get a bit more open minded towards the suggestions offered.

And am I really a guru now? I feel flattered man, all I try to do is make sense. All I said was, that these issues are not new in gaming, can be card/game/API specific, and this sentiment is echoed throughout this thread.

One perhaps useful thing to add: if your card was working fine in the same games before, and still works fine in several games today that you've now also narrowed down to OpenGL titles, then your card hasn't suddenly died, it is the *least* likely issue. Save yourself the shipping cost, and look at software - or SOMETIMES - just give it some time, like a month, update your stuff again and watch magic happen as a bug has been fixed.

As for DirectX, you can try manually installing it but as far as I know, this is also part of Windows 10 upgrades and thus is already entirely up to date.

Good luck on solving this problem.

Last edited:
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
I see both texture (the still shots you posted) and shader problems (the video of the water in shadows). Skimming through this thread, I suspect the card, but like anything "check the cables" first, literally and figuratively. For example, @DRDNA suggestion to reinstall DX. Also, I didn't read if you had tried rolling back to an earlier driver?
I don't think it is the card in and of its self as I think the OP stated he tried the offending card in a different PC and there was no issue.

EDIT: Just reread OP posts and actually trying the card in a different PC was never mentioned but I would recommend doing so if it is possible???

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer