1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Swiftech Apogee GT

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by D_o_S, Jun 24, 2007.

1. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Trends in waterblock design don't change often. Until recently, it was thought that jet-impingement was the best way to go for achieving the lowest temperature when cooling a processor. Then came along quad-core CPUs, and it became evident that we must look at other ways of cooling these beasts their core surface is very large, so waterblock designers were forced to return to old-school, large surface area waterblocks. The Apogee GT is one of the first blocks that attempts to offer jet-impingement performance from a block relying on a simple array of copper pins can it succeed?

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Swiftech/Apogee_GT/

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    simply beautiful block and performs like a champ. Love the copper mirror finish on the block as well. This will probably be the next block I get for my cpu :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. bundymania

bundymania

Thanks Received:
    Nice Review ! Info -> There is a Socket AM2 Holder available since a few days for thx GTX

4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I have this block, and I must say that I am quite pleased with it's performance.

Good review, D_o_S.

10 Year Member at TPU