• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Swiftech H240 X3 AIO

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Swiftech brings an all-copper all-in-one liquid CPU cooler to the masses with the H240 X3. Out of the box, it offers solid performance and acceptable noise levels with the option of expandability. Not to be left behind in the RGB LED era, it packs those as well, along with Pastel white coolant and various dyes which give users the ability to indeed make it their own.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
Decent. But... seeing as it's within 1% of the S360's performance, I can't help but wonder how all these reviews would look if they were ran on a chip with a soldered IHS that isn't trapping so much heat inside the package.

System Name -aLiEn beaTs-
Processor Intel i7 11700kf @ 5.055Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z490 Unify
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro RGB
Memory G.skill Royal Silver 4400 cl17 @ 4403mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 980TI AMP!Omega Factory OC 1418MHz
Storage Intel SSD 330, Crucial SSD MX300 & MX500
Display(s) Samsung C24FG73 144HZ
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 USB3.0
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD @ 2.1 Bose acoustimass 5
Power Supply CoolerMaster 850W v2 gold atx 2.52
Mouse Razer viper 8k
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Software Windows 11 Pro 21h2 64Bit
Benchmark Scores ► ♪♫♪♩♬♫♪♭
I still can't believe how good that fractal Celsius s24 is.. shame they didn't make a s28 with 140mm fans.

Was seriously thinking about h115i pro, but guess I will go with fractal.

To this day, is this worth or a custom liquid cooling build is better? i have 2 pumps, radiator feizer 3 x 120, hose, fittings and everything, only the cpu block i will need to buy, i built 10 years ago when i purchased the i7 920 lga 1366, that was hot, 310w overclocked and my custom build kept the temperature well under 70c 100% prime, the 2 x 12V Laing 18W DDC-3.2T pumps were the key, moved the hot water very fast, heat exchange.

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
To this day, is this worth or a custom liquid cooling build is better?
That is the same thing. H240 is custom loop, just pre-built.

I still can't believe how good that fractal Celsius s24 is.. shame they didn't make a s28 with 140mm fans.
Was seriously thinking about h115i pro, but guess I will go with fractal.
The S24 is just bad. Aluminum rad, plus built by Asetek. Much like H115i. Not sure how it got those temps better than H240? If it is from the type of fans used or something else?
Different cases, ambient temps or setup?

Last edited:
That is dangerous.
Not in a sealed system with appropriately formulated coolant.

The reason it's bad in regular open loops is because you have much less control over EXACTLY which metals and which grade of that metal, is used to make your loop. You can have different copper, different grades of aluminium, etc.

Asetek's coolers are all mixed-metal and work fine. I still wouldn't do it in an open loop, but there's no problem with it in AIOs.

Processor i5-13500
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero

The reason it's bad in regular open loops is because you have much less control over EXACTLY which metals and which grade of that metal, is used to make your loop. You can have different copper, different grades of aluminium, etc.

Asetek's coolers are all mixed-metal and work fine. I still wouldn't do it in an open loop, but there's no problem with it in AIOs.
Fractal S24 is from Asetek that used aluminum rad. That unit can be expanded, which I see as a problem.

The reason it's bad in regular open loops is because you have much less control over EXACTLY which metals and which grade of that metal, is used to make your loop. You can have different copper, different grades of aluminum, etc.

The thing is, back in the day, even with destilled water only, alumi rads used to have issues, i'm not sure how things are or if they found a way to contain the aluminum from dismembering to small pieces.

Processor i5-13500
Case Cougar MX600 White
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
The thing is, back in the day, even with destilled water only, alumi rads used to have issues, i'm not sure how things are or if they found a way to contain the aluminum from dismembering to small pieces.
Still the same issue to this day. There is additives that can be added, only last so long. Just the maintenance alone is more annoying.

I literally just told you...

*all* of Aseteks coolers are Copper block, Alu rad. None of them have corrosion issues, and the reasons are:

1 - The coolant they use is formulated to prevent it
2 - The specific metals they use are a known quantity. They're not going to use copper from one supplier in one product, and copper from a different supplier in another product. They can therefore predict exactly what they need to do to prevent galvanic corrosion, and they know how effective their additives need to be in the coolant.

This means Asetek can effectively address the issue. Someone building an open loop cannot necessarily do that, which is why most people building open loops go for all-copper or all-aluminium designs to make it less of a risk.

Mixed metals in a cooling loop an issue...such an internet myth. Anybody who knows a thing or two about automotive liquid cooling will confirm that for you...if you don't already know how much of a BS myth it is. Almost EVERY liquid cooled automobile engine has mixed metals in the coolant loop. Typically aluminum, mild steel, stainless steel, cast iron, brass, copper, magnesium, chrome. Pick at least 3 of those and you're pretty much guaranteed to have those 3, or another 3, or all of them, or all of them plus some more in your cars coolant loop. And, no, like I said yesterday. They didn't reinvent the wheel to liquid cool computer components. IT'S THE EXACT SAME TECHNOLOGY THAT'S BEEN USED, ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED, IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY FOR WELL OVER 50 YEARS. IF IT AIN'T BROKE...IT AIN'T BROKE!!!

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
IT'S THE EXACT SAME TECHNOLOGY THAT'S BEEN USED, ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED, IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY FOR WELL OVER 50 YEARS. IF IT AIN'T BROKE...IT AIN'T BROKE!!!

I think the chief difference here is a slightly leaky radiator in a car doesn't have water sensitive components under it, ie no one will really care that much. Electronics are the difference.

Mixed metals in a cooling loop an issue...such an internet myth. Anybody who knows a thing or two about automotive liquid cooling will confirm that for you...if you don't already know how much of a BS myth it is. Almost EVERY liquid cooled automobile engine has mixed metals in the coolant loop. Typically aluminum, mild steel, stainless steel, cast iron, brass, copper, magnesium, chrome. Pick at least 3 of those and you're pretty much guaranteed to have those 3, or another 3, or all of them, or all of them plus some more in your cars coolant loop. And, no, like I said yesterday. They didn't reinvent the wheel to liquid cool computer components. IT'S THE EXACT SAME TECHNOLOGY THAT'S BEEN USED, ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED, IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY FOR WELL OVER 50 YEARS. IF IT AIN'T BROKE...IT AIN'T BROKE!!!
*sigh*

No. Galvanic corrosion is very much a thing and has killed many loops over the years. Observe - https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-...gtx-fail-epic-example-galvanic-corrosion.html

Swiftech ultimately discontinued this block because they *all* did this. And I do mean all - LTT tried to find one for a retrospective and *couldn't* because they all died.

Back in the day my hose was transparent and if i would decide to build another loop nowadays it would be transparent as well, better be safe than sorry.

I have to disagree here. Water loops is not a new science.... it's been "a thing" since the the first engine was built. Water loops are used in power plants, building heating and cooling and ... when water cooling was adopted for PCs, they didn't create new science .... they just adopted from there. In any such system of significant cost, building owners and power plant operators have the coolant sampled and analyzed at worse, every three months. Adjustments are made with the chemistry tweaked to provide optimum cooling as well as protection of all the system components. Having "been there and done that" as part of my job responsibilities, I can tell you it's a serious thing. When the chemistry gets out of whack, if ignored, you're talking millions of dollars in corrective measures.

These additives have a useful life of, at max, 18 to 24 months. There's no "magic formula" available to CLC builders that suspends the laws of chemistry. The useful life of corrosion inhibitors, bacteriacides, algacides and even surfactants is limited.

And yes, you have absolute control over what's in you loop when doing custom ... you get to pick the components and you get to ask questions. With CLCs the driving factor is cost ... the warranty is an insurance policy, basically a bet that most of them won't fail or the user will buy a new system before warranty expires. But that's true of every warranty. Now to the science.

https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/corrosion-explored/

As we can see here ....

Aluminum is 0.75 to 0.95 .... copper and brass is 0.35 and 0.40, The amount of corrosion potential is based upon the difference in those numbers. So copper and aluminum is at best 0.40 .... in an all copper / brass (brass fittings are painted) system it is 0.05. No "magic formula" will ever change that. With aluminum present, the risk factor is 8 times greater. It's the reason we change the coolant even in our cars ... and there, the presence of toxic chemicals (anti-freeze) and hence toxic to little buggies. However, glycols and other anti-freeze like products can be damaging to certain plastics (acrylics) used in reservoirs and other components. In the CLC, you are stuck with that 0.40 .... at least 8 times the rate that you can have when choosing your custom loop components. Of course,when doing a custom loop, avoid want to choose that suspiciously inexpensive radiator which may have used tin solder.... make sure it's quality silver solder. I'm not sure why one would think Swiftech has any less control than Asetek does. But Swiftech has name recognition, few know Asetek, they bought"a Corsair". So Swiftech will be more concerened with reputation than Astek would be. That's why Asus spun off AsRock originally as they wanted to sell low cost products to the "builder" market w/o damaging the rep of their brand name.

My biggest problem with CLCs however is they have no "Raison d'être" (reason for being); biggest attraction seems to be folks telling their friends "I have water cooling" . They don't really do anything better than air coolers which are a fraction of the cost and far quieter. Let's look at the $45 Scythe Fuma ....

https://tpucdn.com/reviews/Scythe/Fuma/images/temp_oc_aida64.png

It's gets beat by 5 coolers in TPUs test ... 3 of them are Swiftech units, 1 is a EK Swiftech like design and 1 is a $132 (293% of Fuma's cost) Cryorig AIO that needs to be 50% louder to get that edge. Looking at the latest comparison. The H100i pro matches the Swiftech's temps at the same price, but Swiftech has far better componentry, a reservoir, no galvanic corrosion issues, 10 times the pump flow and is expandable to add GFX card and other components .... and is 62% louder than the Swiftech. The $170 H115 is 32% louder than the Swiftech ... why ? Aluminum has much lower heat transfer capability and therefore needs higher speed fans.

Simply put, less than a handful of CLCs can themally outperform the $45 Swiftech ... spending 3 times as much for a CLC will net you 3C (well in just 1 instance) but at a prohibitive penalty of 50% noise increase. If you **need** better than that, then a OLC like the Swiftech / EK models offer far better quality components at the same price or less but more importantly, allow you to sit in the same room w/o being assaulted by noise. So the question one should consider is "What am I getting for 3 x the cost of an air cooler ? And at what cost in noise levels ? When those questions are answered, it's real hard, for me at least, to make a case for a CLC.

Arguments for CLCs would include:

- I wear headphones and don't care about noise .... Ok , but, **for me"", that's kinda like going to a football game and not caring about rain cause a) they still gonna play and b) you have a rain coat. The raincoat addresses the problem but I'd just rather it didn't rain.

- I don't want a 2 pound weight hanging off my MoBo, could damage my MoBo ... OK, but no concern about the 60 - 70 pounds of clamping force from the mounting mechanism ? ... However, if your routinely ship your PC, this is a valid issue given my experience w/ FedEx ground. My son took his PC back and forth to college in his off road vehicle's roof rack ... was no issue laid on its side but you won't get such care from commercial carriers. I must commend these carriers for the forgiving nature of their hiring policies ... it would seem simians are handling much of the stuff.

- I don't like looking at a big shiny metal thing. Well that's a personal thing, I think they look kinda cool, especially the Phanteks ones color matched to your case theme, but if that's the deciding fator, it's personal preference.

Custom loops can provide more of everything ... more cooling .... drastically lower noise levels (aka "completely inaudible") tho it's gonna cost you for that silence. Yes, obviously I have a personal bias here because of my profession (nerd alert => systems engineer) but the numbers for CLCs just don't work for me. In the rare instances they edge an air cooler, the additional noise and cost are prohibitive.

As for delidding, since Sandy Bridge the only builds we considered delidding was Ivy Bridge. On SB and everything since Ivy, we have hit the voltage wall well before the temperature wall on our overclocks. The goal of an OC to our eyes is to run all your apps and games at the highest possible settings within thermal and voltage limits that one can have a reasonable level of comfort. On production boxes, I don't like to exceed 1.4v in BIOS (1.5v momentary peaks w/ AVX present) and 80C.

Of course, if I choose to run synthetics, Im going to exceed those temp limits, but again, since Sandy bridge, I can't think of a "Raison d'être". If I was building a box as an enthusiast and doing it for fun and looking to get my name on a web site's "leader board". But as staying under those temp figures would involve lowering the OC, why have to consider whether it's worth doing that to accommodate a utility which I will never run again on that box ? .... If it's between RoG Real bench stable at 5.1 Ghz or 4.9 GHz P95 stable, I'll take RB .. especially when we have had 24 hour P95 stable OCs fail under a multitasking benchmark like RB

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Back in the day my hose was transparent and if i would decide to build another loop nowadays it would be transparent as well, better be safe than sorry.
Same here, though it's not as clear as it was new. Still like transparent hoses though.

System Name Purchased in Brazil
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (YD1700BBAEBOX)
Motherboard ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING 8G
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB (CT525MX300SSD1)
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2515H
Case Corsair Carbide 400Q (CC-9011100-WW)
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A
Power Supply Corsair RM550x (CP-9020090-NA)
Mouse Logitech G403 (910-004823)
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent (CH-9000121-BR)
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores CB R15 1400
Man, I looked this chart and I don't know to where to see.

Okay, H240 X3 got 87 degrees while Dark Rock Pro 4, 88 °C. The point is, at what noise, fan speed or whatever do they get that? Just because, if DRP4 is quieter or the same in terms og noise than H240X3, so, exept for the size, aesthetics and clearane, be Quiet one is a no-brainer choice. Can you get what is my point. It is the same as I have said on Ninja 5 review's thread. Those kind of revies is totally pointless. Please, use a right methodology. My criiticism is for the good. The deceased Silent PC Review had the correct methodology, not just analyzing the sound level pressure (noise generally measured in dBA) as doing for the noise characteristc like sound signature, frequencies etc as well.

Renegadex91

I am late to the party so I hope my post is not resurrecting the review in an untimely manner. I am in the process of building a new computer and I am having to put new tubing on the Swiftech because it came from the manufacturer with 12 inch tubes. The reviewer stated that the aio came with 15 inch tubes and my system is not fitting and short by one inch. The customer service representative said that 12 is standard and wished me good luck. Instead of fitting an all in one I have to drain the coolant, take off the tubing and fittings, and then rebuild and refill the system. It will cost me about $45 dollars in tubing, new fittings and coolant. The case is a Lian LI PC-012 WX with an msi motherboard holding an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x cpu.