1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

System Configuration

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Anshul, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Anshul New Member

Thanks Received:
    the budget for the graphics card is 5000-6000 INR i.e. 100-120$

2. Anshul New Member

Thanks Received:
    okay...suggest some graphics in the budget i mentioned which is good enough

3. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    If you are only playing Fifa and Pes, you could get a 5650 or 5670 and I doubt you'll need a new power supply. If you are playing "other" games, intensive games I wouldnt get anything slower than a 5750 or GTX 250 1GB and a new PSU would be advised. Saying that if you plan on playing "other" games that are intensive you may start to run accross a processor bottleneck. Also 1 GB of ram isnt enough.

Edit:

If you are playing just FIFA and PES I would upgrade just the video card and ram and keep your existing computer. I wouldnt bother with an entire new build unless some demanding games was on the agenda.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. Joe Public

Joe Public

Thanks Received:
    I dunno about that, the GX750 failed miserably over at Jonnyguru. Couldn't put out it's labeled wattage, and ripple was out of spec even before it broke down. I can't think of any Corsair unit that would perform like that. Link

Mussels says thanks.
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thank you for that link.

it backs up what i said, however: even the best coolermasters are average, while most of their units are junk.

I'm a big fan of their cases, but their PSU's are garbage.

just to compare with the unit i have (since its 750W as well), the results are pretty much this:

The Coolermaster unit couldnt past test 5, in a cool environment. it caps out at about 600W of load, before it starts turning off. They didnt bother testing in a hot environment, since it did so poorly.

For comparison, their 750W corsair review here, managed to pass all 7 tests, even in 20C higher ambients. - thats 300W more power without shutting down, compared to the coolermaster, which is 'rated' the same, if you go by the wattage on the box.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Thats the only negative review which I found on the GX series. The vast majority is extremely positive, I wouldnt dismiss the GX series over 1 bad review. The 550W & 650W versions seems to score the highest by reviewers generally speaking, the 750W seems to get lower but still respectable scores.

7. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, lets ignore the one review that actually tests them, instead of putting them in a PC and saying its awesome just because the computer turns on.

10 Year Member at TPU