• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

System Specs Feature Poll

Do you find the "System Specs" entry in profiles useful?

• No, it is not useful at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The subject of the systems spec listing in user profiles has been discussed a number of times in the forums and there seems to be a difference of opinions about how valuable it is to people. There is currently a discussion about possible expansion to the system specs entry.
The goal of this poll is to see how everyone feels and why. Place your vote and then explain why you made your vote(if you desire to, no worries if you just want to vote). This poll does not expire and you can change your vote at a later time if you change your mind for whatever reason. If you do change your mind later, let us know why. Only one vote per user.

Last edited:

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
The system specs is fine as-is, but I'd love to see the ability to have it show multiple builds in a better fashion than I currently do between system specs and my sig. Either way, I find the feature super useful and it's been a critical metric that folks here use to assist other members that are seeking help. Heck as I get busier and older, it's just nice to have a place to keep my system specs posted so that I know wtf I am running these days lol! :D

D

Deleted member 67555

I'm with Kursah...
Would be better than
8700k/G4400/9600
Z370/H110/b320
1070ti/470/apu

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I wish the poll allowed more than one selection.

As a helper, I find it useful only if the OP makes it clear in his or her opening post that the computer in question is the one listed in System Specs.

As for myself, I don't find listing my specs helpful to me. For one, I have 6 systems here. I keep a (easy to keep current) spreadsheet of my 6 computers, one click away with a Quicklaunch icon. And that spreadsheet contains a lot more information than System Specs could - including links to component webpages, Amazon or Newegg order history and purchase invoices, and to the user manuals.

I note many of us are not TPU homesteaders. That is, we visit and help out at multiple sites every day. I visit 5 - 6 daily and more than a dozen several times a week. Frankly, even with just my main computer listed, keeping them all current is a PITA (hence the spreadsheet makes it even easier and more helpful).

BTW, in the spreadsheet, I also list the specs for other important computers. For example, I put together computers for my son, daughter, a couple grandkids, and my dad. If they call asking questions, I can quickly see what we are talking about.

For those that don't know why this poll right now, it follows a post I made here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/forum-upgrade-complete.239542/page-35#post-3990054

It might be that this has been suggested before, I don't know.
I simply noticed that many people are putting multiple systems in those specs, like Kursah or jmcslob above... 3 systems all mashed together. Auch !

Last edited:
System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
Agree with multiple systems too. I've tried to add my laptop to my system specs but it always ended up being really messy.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
If this is not a current feature of the software as it stands, I find this thread to be nearly pointless.

Unless you are willing to write the code so w1zzard isn't "forced" into more work because a poll says he should.

I wish the poll allowed more than one selection.
Was thinking about setting multiple votes, but it seemed more clean to keep it simple. No offense was intended to anyone.
If this is not a current feature of the software as it stands, I find this thread to be nearly pointless.
That is your opinion and you're welcome to it of course.
Unless you are willing to write the code so w1zzard isn't "forced" into more work because a poll says he should.
Per the discussion in the other thread;
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/forum-upgrade-complete.239542/page-35#post-3990054
That was a discussion of a possible feature addition. I thought it would be useful to give that subject it's own home and a poll to give everyone compact and concise input. No one is forcing the issue or implying that it should be forced. It is a simple suggestion and request by the user Wavetrex. This poll is only meant to explore the subject in a more focused manner, get a feel for what site users think and to give @W1zzard insight on the subject. There is no malice or drama intended by this poll and such is not welcome in this thread.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
There is no malice or drama intended by this poll and such is not welcome in this thread.

Since quoting me with no break, I assume you feel I am dishing ill will or drama. My point is simple. You all go on with these polls, as if things automagically appear on TPU. Fact is, W1zzard has to do the work if this is found to be a viable option. That being said, unless you can provide a solution (IE: code to make it function) you are hoping enough people will "force" w1zzard to do something about it, which in my mind is unfair and a tad self centered. Just use the signature space like the rest of us do.

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 870EVO // Samsung 840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
Since quoting me with no break, I assume you feel I am dishing ill will or drama. My point is simple. You all go on with these polls, as if things automagically appear on TPU. Fact is, W1zzard has to do the work if this is found to be a viable option. That being said, unless you can provide a solution (IE: code to make it function) you are hoping enough people will "force" w1zzard to do something about it, which in my mind is unfair and a tad self centered. Just use the signature space like the rest of us do.

I would think this would be more a copy and paste task, duplicating what already exists by adding 2 extra columns: e.g. Primary, Secondary, Laptop. People could still mash together within those fields like it is now.

Is it really that complex of a change? if adopted or requested.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
you are hoping enough people will "force" w1zzard to do something about it, which in my mind is unfair and a tad self centered
:( Gee whiz! I see no where in the narrative of the poll or any of the replies, or in original thread that prompted this poll where anybody suggested forcing anything on w1zzard!

Nor do I see anywhere where anyone suggested if enough people vote for it, it automagically, or otherwise, will appear. With that in mind, it seems to me, unfair to jump in and declare lexluthermiester's poll "nearly pointless" and then to go on to accuse others of being "self-centered" (which I find ironic), when all that was asked was for (1) was it possible? And (2) for folks to take a poll that asked if they found the current feature useful. :( :(

@sneekypeet
Please see PM.
For the record, I don't use the system spec feature and don't care either way, thus my vote. I have no vested interest in the feature being discussed.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
:( Gee whiz! I see no where in the narrative of the poll or any of the replies, or in original thread that prompted this poll where anybody suggested forcing anything on w1zzard!

So we are holding a poll on a TPU feature without anyone here wanting it implemented. Come on bill!

The difference between these and signatures is that the System Specs feature is a DATABASE of computers. Which might become searchable at some point.
And I think everyone knows that W1zz really likes databases :D

Sure, it does require more work, but if for some reason the benefits outweigh the effort, it might worth it.

Also, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. My idea was just that, an idea. "Would it be possible ?".
If the answer is no, then so be it. But maybe it's yes and the community progresses a bit towards better organization.

unless you can provide a solution (IE: code to make it function)
Unfortunately that's not how it works.

You can't simply "provide a code", programming is not putting a cube into a square peg and just expect it to work...

But, since you said this, I actually provided some ideas on how this could work, since I am a programmer myself:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/forum-upgrade-complete.239542/page-35#post-3990314

If this would be my website and I knew exactly the inner working of it, the feature could be operational by Monday, it's really not that hard.
But of course, as stated by several people, it all depends on the available time and willingness of W1zz do do the necessary changes.
If it happens... it happens. If not, also fine !

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I voted fine as it is. Primary system in system specs and additional systems that aren’t can be written in signature block.

I’m not all about creating more work for W1z that isn’t necessary, IMO.

Last edited:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
The results of the poll suggest otherwise. About half of users voting think it would be useful.

And none of them can write the code, and if they could, it has not been provided to make it happen. This is my point, look beyond self gratifying features, which you as the OP doesn't even want. :kookoo: A very busy man sits at the bottom of the hill where you are rolling the poop, and assuming things are easy to implement is a fallacy.

In your words, results show what? 15 people want it?

In my mind, it is awkward to go and start a thread such as this without checking with the source if he is even willing to develop or code such a thing. If W1zzard said yes, and then the thread was started to gain interest fine, but to me, the cart is in front of the horses here.

@Wavetrex your opening line in your link is based on an assumption...who knows if your ideas will pan out.

Last edited:
In your words, results show what? 15 people want it?
15 out of 31 voters as of the time of this comment. Just shy of half.

No one is putting any pressure or demands on W1zzard. This is just a friendly discussion between users who like TPU, nothing more or less.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
15 out of 31 voters as of the time of this comment. Just shy of half.

No one is putting any pressure or demands on W1zzard. This is just a friendly discussion between users who like TPU, nothing more or less.

Ok so now you know half of the members who voted would like it, now what? What is the next step/point of the poll?

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
So we are holding a poll on a TPU feature without anyone here wanting it implemented. Come on bill!
Not the point. It was unfair, self-centered, and served no purpose for you to join the thread just to criticize the poll and those in favor of expanding that feature!

What good have your comments done here? Did they create peace and harmony in the thread?

All you needed to do was vote your opinion! Just as several other staff did. The poll is public - everyone can see who voted for what to get their opinion. But no. You decided to jump in, criticize the poll and accuse people of being unfair and self-centered! :( And you continue doing such with your "self-gratifying" comments. :( Come on sneekypeet!

lexluthermiester and I have had our differences - but I stand behind him 100% here and behind everyone who decided to participate in this poll. And IMO, lexluthermiester and Wavetrex deserve apologies.

Ok so now you know half of the members who voted would like it, now what?
:( It's a public poll! Click on the % bar to see who voted for what.

I'm done here.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
W1z voted his preference, for anyone that is curious.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
Not the point. It was unfair, self-centered, and served no purpose for you to join the thread just to criticize the poll and those in favor of expanding that feature!

What good have your comments done here? Did they create peace and harmony in the thread?

All you needed to do was vote your opinion! Just as several other staff did. The poll is public - everyone can see who voted for what to get their opinion. But no. You decided to jump in, criticize the poll and accuse people of being unfair and self-centered! :( And you continue doing such with your "self-gratifying" comments. :( Come on sneekypeet!

lexluthermiester and I have had our differences - but I stand behind him 100% here and behind everyone who decided to participate in this poll. And IMO, lexluthermiester and Wavetrex.

You, like many of the others are missing the point! Nobody asked if W1zzard even wanted to do such a thing, and I went to him after the thread was started, as I saw him in this thread, and I have to assume it was the first he was reading or hearing about it. I am injecting reality and polite policy to doing things like this.

Funny enough, you suggest I just vote and move along, yet you are here defending against what I type, why not let your vote speak for you? I guess if I am looking out for a guy with a crap ton of things on his plate above and beyond trivial features, sure I am self centered and will own that. Stop trying to bait me bill, it isn't working!

Guys, seriously, can we all relax ?

Even if it was a 100% vote on "Let's expand", it still doesn't mean anything. W1zz is free to do or not do whatever he wants, in the end it's his website.

This entire thing is just an idea, that is all.
No drama needed.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
W1zz voted that it's useful but doesnt need an upgrade. :ohwell: