• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

T1i, canon, newegg and customer support.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Bought my T1i, paid the 799 for the combo kit, didn't notice the Printer combo deal, a $900 for $200 off in combo, and $500 off MIR.

Found this later when writing my review, also found Canon is offering new customers a $100 rebate for registering their camera, and $20 for old customers (a couple months old).

Sent a e-mail to newegg asking if I could have the offer extended to me since I missed it when I placed my order for my camera.

Nope, have to contact canon.

Contacted Canon, nope, new customers only, but hey, have this $20 registration as a way of saying thanks for paying more for a camera, and owning it for a couple months, and for our new customers, here, have $100 for buying it.

Contacted newegg about it, asking since I have never returned any hardware bought tens of thousands of dollars a year from them if they would extend me this offer.

Nope, for new customers only.

They did offer me a WHOLE $25.

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

My name is Lindsey. I am Newegg Customer Service representative. I apologize the review of the item did not meet the requirements for posting unfortunately. Below is a link for the “Product Review Guidelines". Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience.

http://www.newegg.com/Info/PostingPolicy.aspx

Please kindly note that due to the constant fluctuation of prices in this industry, the cost of our inventory is changing regularly. Items costs on our website reflect this, as they are adjusted daily. However, if your order has not yet shipped out we can adjust the price. After reviewing our website, the price is $719.99 at this time. Since I have promised to offer you $25.00 discount for your future order as a courtesy last time, to take advantage of this offer, whenever you place a new order; simply contact us back with your new order number after the new order is shipped and invoiced. We will issue the credit as promised for you. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

I posted my review edit telling my story, which was rejected as it did not shed newegg or Canon in a golden light.

So I am sending back this.

I don't want $25. I want the offer that is being extended to new customers, unfortunately neither newegg or canon seems interested in existing customer service, and only in getting that special new customer.

Unfortunately this was the reason I stopped doing business with Tigerdirect entirely, meaning no longer, no more. If newegg and Canon believe they can treat existing customers this way multiple times and continue to prosper they are wrong.

I bought my HG20 and lost a couple hundred dollars on it, and had to fight with you for a simple $30 tripod kit that didn't get included until the day after, and also a significant price drop which you refused to honor, even though I could have returned the camcorder, taken a hit on a restock fee and still repurchased it and saved money. Now this simple camera, again on a item that I want that you and canon are willing to extend to a new customer only. I have bought elsewhere, and now I am going to be forced to start doing business with zipzoomfly, Frys and a few other e-tailers as they at least seem to offer some sort of customer service, maybe as I seem like a "new" customer.

The only other warranty return issue I really had was a three hour fiasco for a simple cooling fan for a Arctic Cooling item. Ludicrous that I would continue to waste my time with such crap.

I have contacted Canon about this issue and have received only a "sorry" response from them. If I could return both I would and buy something somewhere else.

Please don't send me another e-mail apologizing and offering me a pittance for my time, and trouble, it is insulting. $25, really? Wow, I could take my wife and kids out to McDonald's!!!!!

System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Newegg has been great with me, I've probably had to return a third of the stuff I've bought. Frankly, I don't feel that Newegg was wrong in removing your review, reviews are meant for customers to give their opinion on the item they bought and not for whatever it was you wrote. And again, they're not at fault for not compensating you for the price fluctuations. I mean, DDR2 RAM prices are way up now, did they call all the customers who bought RAM while prices were rock bottom and ask them to pay them the difference?

I see where you're coming from since Newegg's customer service has always been A+, they've spoiled you and many of us.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
I'm not asking for money.

They are willing to offer a new purchase of a T1i, and at the time I bought mine the deal was going on too, I just missed it. If I would have seen it I would have bought it, a printer with the ability to print 13X19? For a few hundred bucks?

hell yes.

But since I missed the offer, and yet they extended it but are unwilling to offer it to me?

The same with my HG20, bought it and I didn't even have it in yet and the price dropped $200 and they added a tripod kit, it was a fight to even get the tripod kit, and i offered to purchase it, but it wasn't for sale. So no sale on a item that didn't get auto added to my cart, and they argued with me about trying to PURCHASE the item?

They are fucking retarded about some of this. If this is how they treat good customers, I am goign to start treatign them like crap or just move on.

System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613

They are willing to offer a new purchase of a T1i, and at the time I bought mine the deal was going on too, I just missed it. If I would have seen it I would have bought it, a printer with the ability to print 13X19? For a few hundred bucks?

hell yes.

But since I missed the offer, and yet they extended it but are unwilling to offer it to me?

The same with my HG20, bought it and I didn't even have it in yet and the price dropped $200 and they added a tripod kit, it was a fight to even get the tripod kit, and i offered to purchase it, but it wasn't for sale. So no sale on a item that didn't get auto added to my cart, and they argued with me about trying to PURCHASE the item?

They are fucking retarded about some of this. If this is how they treat good customers, I am goign to start treatign them like crap or just move on.

They have their policies, whether or not that's retarded is up to you. I personally feel they're not. I bought a case a while back just to find out they had a power supply included as a combo deal for a relatively decent discount, but they wouldn't sell me the power supply for the difference even though it was the same thing. I didn't complain, they have their rules and if you choose to buy from them then you have to agree with them. I'm not trying to crap on you or take a jab at your wound, but I don't see a problem on Newegg's part. :ohwell:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

hell yes.

Yup, I try to shop elsewhere before I shop at Newegg. Of course, you can just be complacent and babble on about how great Newegg's CS has been in the past :rolleyes:, or don't take it. Thank goodness you aren't taking it and fighting it. If everyone had the mentalitly that "Newegg's customer service is great but..", Newegg's CS would just get worse and worse. Many many businesses will honor deals and discounts to good customers.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
They have their policies, whether or not that's retarded is up to you. I personally feel they're not. I bought a case a while back just to find out they had a power supply included as a combo deal for a relatively decent discount, but they wouldn't sell me the power supply for the difference even though it was the same thing. I didn't complain, they have their rules and if you choose to buy from them then you have to agree with them. I'm not trying to crap on you or take a jab at your wound, but I don't see a problem on Newegg's part. :ohwell:

The problem I have is the lack of care they have placed on a valued customer, the FYAD attitude they ahve to newegg cardholders who have thousands of dollars they buy with it.

After seeing other members here return perfectly good hardware as it doesn't overclock or wasn't of the batch tehy wanted and yet I have never done such it amazes me the amount of crap they go through for a consumer who spends mebey a grand a year with them, only to treat me like complete crap.

If they don't want my business they won't get it. I will cancel my newegg card and move on to somewhere else.

I met every criteria except one for the combo, and I did meet it when i purchased the camera, but just didn't see it. If they want to play by the rules, fine, just make sure that the great sucess stories they have on the front page apply to other customers too.

How about a reimbursement for the wasted afternoon calling newegg, then Arctic Cooling, then new egg, and then Arctic colling again, and then confrencing the two and finally getting a whole free new cooler as they didn't amek the fan seperate from the body anymore for that perticular style, and no I wasn't going to take a machin eout of service to return the HS/F combo and replace it twice on my time while they debated who was goign to do what.

Utter shit.

This is strike two newegg, one more, and I'm gone. A loss of only about 4K in the last few months. I still ahve three laptops to fix/upgrade two new builds, one PC upgrade, and a new optima projector for the theater, and I was hoping to get a new graphics card and tuner card.

But oh well, fuck me right?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 267