• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Take-Two Suggests PlayStation 3 (PS3) GTA IV Fix

lament

yea it froze up on me last night. it loads through the opening pictures and then when it tries to load up the save game is just sits there.
that's not a freeze up. you'll know a freeze up when you see it.

the workaround for the problem you're having (and I am having) is to quit the game when it gets stuck at the loading screen, eject the disc and restart the PS3 without the disc in. Go into the network settings and disable Internet access. Put the disc in and it will load your last saved game.

Play around a little and quit the game. Enable the Internet in the network settings then start the game again and it should be fine... until the next time you restart your PS3. :(

beyond_amusia

System Name Cozad (Asus G60JX)
Processor Core i5 M 430
Memory 8 GB DDR3 1066
Video Card(s) nVidia GeForce 360M
Storage 500GB
Display(s) 16 inch LED LCD
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
wow, you'd think they actually TEST these games out before launching them... I am sure if they had randomly selected 10 of each council (from RTM to the latest revision) they could have found the various issues and patched them... And the reviewer comment.. I totally agree; if you give a game like this or Crysis (the high requirements) a 10/10 you obviously jumped onto a PR bandwagon and forget to try out your free disc you got for reviewing until after you reviewed the game... =/

ktr

If you are having the loading freeze, just quite the game, log-off from PSN, and try again.

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
Good thing I decided to wait until July to try out GTA4 maybe then most of the issues will all be worked out:toast:

(my moneys very tight right now Ive only just now saved up $3500 for a new car and whenever i look for cars in that price range their GENERALLY a piece of SH*T, eh you get what you pay for though so its a good thng im still looking around, plus you gotta remember that gas prices have only been going up here)

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
System Name Hells Core.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair hero viii (wifi) x570
Cooling AlphaCool Aurora 420mm
Memory Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 4133MHz 32GB Kit
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3070
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Thermaltake Core X71
Power Supply Corsair RM850 80 plus gold
Software Windows 10
just bought the game and i really cant see what all the hipe is about tbh the cars handle like crap and they are slow i rate previous titles better.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
just bought the game and i really cant see what all the hipe is about tbh the cars handle like crap and they are slow i rate previous titles better.

yea the car handling isnt that fantastic. and it is real hard to handle the helicopter. still a great game though.

ktr

I love the car handling! Just drive the cars as you would do in real life, and the cars handle beautifully.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
System Name Hells Core.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair hero viii (wifi) x570
Cooling AlphaCool Aurora 420mm
Memory Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 4133MHz 32GB Kit
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3070
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Thermaltake Core X71
Power Supply Corsair RM850 80 plus gold
Software Windows 10
I love the car handling! Just drive the cars as you would do in real life, and the cars handle beautifully.

Its the general feel and visuals of it top speed looks like that should be normal speed maybe it cos im british but a cars suspension doesnt bouce around as much as the game does the brakes dont seem to work i think previous titles are alot better.
if you like it then great but it really aint what i expected tbh.

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
Dangle just use your keyboard and mouse.
Anyways, i am yet to receive this issue, and im disappointed that a work-around was offerend as a solution.
Ive already decided to return the game and exchange it for Gran Turismo, hoping i get 1080p.
Ill cut my loses and wait for GTA4's release on PC.

They say Ken Lazlo is back, and i havnt heard him yet, anyone ?

dsdavis6

I have the 360 version, im not saying it doesnt exist, but i personally have had no problems at all. Nor did i with bully... Both of which i have played for many hours.

About the rating, i dont beleive this game is a 10/10 either, i agree with the previous comment is there is no such thing as perfect..... But this game really has dissapointed me in certain aspects, i think for example the face has so little expression even in FMV's Niko gets pushed around and moaned at and its the same face as he finishes a date and gets invited in for coffee..... I agree about the handling, wouldnt compare it to real life at all.... movement is slightly floaty IMO. Apart from this it is still a very very addictive game and with good reason. I think little things could have been better to, i know its being picky, but im sure they could have been incorporated without too much hassle,
for example: u buy a hotdog, he has a few bits from the hotdog, which doesnt seem to decrease in size much at all... then it dissappears.... how hard for an animation where he has a bite or two, it gets visibily smaller, then he just tosses it to the side....??

goober

Processor Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI
Memory 8 GB Mushkin
Video Card(s) Nvidia 560ti
Storage Seagate 1TB, Seagate 320GB
Display(s) 25" Hannspree 1920x1080 and 22" LG 1680x1050
Case Cooler Master
Power Supply 750 Watt Corsair
Software Windows 8 Pro NFR
...im running in 1080p, i dont know how you are having issues but no issues here on the PS3 except for on occasion restart from lockup which doesnt bother me.

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Dangle just use your keyboard and mouse.
Anyways, i am yet to receive this issue, and im disappointed that a work-around was offerend as a solution.
Ive already decided to return the game and exchange it for Gran Turismo, hoping i get 1080p.
Ill cut my loses and wait for GTA4's release on PC.

They say Ken Lazlo is back, and i havnt heard him yet, anyone ?

Keyboard and mouse? On a 360?

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
People who are against 10/10 are ignorant of the review scale of most reviewing companies. Most review scales mention that 10/10 DOES NOT MEAN PERFECT (because there simply is no perfect game).

Now if your asking me if GTA IV deserves a 10/10 I say no. Graphically, it's really artsy and painty and liberal and whatever...I want gritty realism over artsy painty bs. Additionally the game is sub-hd. Lastly, every car in GTA IV drives like it has a 6" suspension lift under it(besides the exotic sports cars)...Epic fail for a game that is based around driving.

The above statements however doesn't distract from the game being good and very fun on many levels. I would give it a 9-9.5.

Last edited:

newbielives

I've had this twice happen to me where it would not load the game after the initial image loop, but after restarting and loading the game again, it loaded fine
I did not have to delete any game data or saves etc or do any of the above steps.

Playing on a 60gb PS3/ Wired connection/ signed in to PSN automatically at startup

yea it froze up on me last night. it loads through the opening pictures and then when it tries to load up the save game is just sits there. i quit out and went to the save game data folder and it had 2 saves there so i deleted the oldest one and it the game loaded up just fine from my last save point. i think the problem is how the game saves its progress and how it talks with the PS3. this isnt a problem with the PS3, as xbox360 fan boys love to point out, it is a problem with how the game was programmed. for example if a pilot keeps crashing an airplane do you blame the airplane for the pilots poor flying ability ? of course not. i'm sure the fixes will be simple.