• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TankianDesk

Hi everyone, I tought alot about doing this build for case mod world series competion, but well why not?
Another year another try... ahaha

So since my last mod didnt receive the "shares" I wanted from the brands (HAF in HALF) that supported the build, I wanna move foward to this one and make something unique and possible for everyone, thats something I always try to pass for those who see my content, everyone can do this you just gotta plan everything well enough to avoid major problems.
Why a desk? Well I dont like big cases and since "setups" are starting to be a trend I wanna remake my own so nothing better than make a new desk with a PC built in.

So key words are:
- Confort
- Performance (air flow/temperatures)
- Simplicity

Well still need to edit all the content about it, but for now this is what I have to show

Best Regards Tankian

Hi everyone!
Well I just realese a video yesterday about the project and I have more photos to show you. Basicly I've already than a lot in the "wood" working and I'm quite happy with the result I was expecting a bit more dificulties in this part. Right now I'm waiting for the metal plate to get ready to continue the project.

Video:

Best Regards tankian!

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
subbed :)

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
Looking forward to see another build take shape ;) cheers tankian!
Happy easter!

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Excited to see how this turns out. I have been preparing to do the same thing but something always keeps getting in the way.

Good luck on your journey!

you have a huge workshop area, so jealous

Do you do this for clients?

you have a huge workshop area, so jealous

Do you do this for clients?

Its quite big must admit, my father is a constructor I kinda benefit from that eheh

Right now I'm doing this one as a prototype if everything goes as plan I wanna make this possible to reproduce if someone want it :)

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I have to say its really enjoyable watching you on video. You seem to have some talent for that as well as constructing awesome stuff. You really convey the enthusiasm

I have to say its really enjoyable watching you on video. You seem to have some talent for that as well as constructing awesome stuff. You really convey the enthusiasm

Well I dont know what to say eheh
Glad to see that you like it, making the videos is another thing I like to do, being able to combine both things is even better!

Thanks!!!

Hi everyone!

As I promise big update today, work myself hard these Saturday to place everything together, IM EXCITED!

So I started with the fake bottom, making all the holes for cable routing/management. I don't want to attach the "fake bottom" in "bented" plate mostly because if I decide to redo anything in the future I will be able to remove it.
As you guys saw I did all the motherboard standoffs holes with a old motherboard only to be easier and more accurate, It ended up really well!
The fans was a bit disappointing I wanted to use a big drill to open a 110mm circle for each fan, but after waiting 1 week for that drill the store told me that I need to wait 3/4 mouths because they doesn't had stock available, so I decided to go with the octagon style.
After doing all of these, big moment, atatch everything together, I was a bit afraid with the plate that stay in the top back, mostly because it will be use to secure the monitor holder, but after screw it against the metal it got really strong, so problem solved!
The two wooden bars that I use in the back are basicly to pass cables between the wall and the wood plank in the back, creating 50mm of space between the desk and the wall for the air that comes from the out-take fans go away.

Well lets move on to the photos and video! :rockout:

Video:

Photos:

When the plate arrived

Cutting holes for cable routing in the "fake bottom" plate

Motherboard standoffs holes done.

Fans Holes

First Idea with the fans then I decided to go for 2 in each side and 2 in the middle

Power Supply back hole

Motherboard shield hole

GPU hole, with the 1080 ti testing is future home ahaha

Current state photos, here you can see the wooden bars in the back giving me the extra 5cm for cables and air flow

And last the guy trying to make a pc desk xD

Well I hope everyone like it!

Best Regards Tankian!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Well after 3 week I have news about the project, I manage to sand all the wood and metal pieces to apply the primer and even make some "upgrades" to the project concept.

So first I had to apply all the polyester in the areas needed, I even had to apply it more thant one time in the same place, something I expect but took me a bit more time to set everything ready to primer the desk.
After aplying it in some areas I decide to make a rim all arround the top area to give a bit more resistance to the desk and provide a better surface for the glass, at the same time providing a trim all around the center "hole" to place some LED if needed.
Then was time to apply once again polyester in some areas to make everthing look better.
After sanding and applying the primer I realise something was a bit miss align in for the glass so before painting and get mad about the miss align thing yesterday I decide to correct it, I applied again primer to the front section and order the glass!

Before jumping into the video and photos I wanna say that I'm doing some livestreams about this project in twtich:

Let see how thing went!

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

Subwoofer Stand

Polyester and sanding

Water Cooling "ideas"

Primer applied

Small correction I did

So any thoughts about it?

Next phase is basicly make small holes for any cable I need to pass to the back of the case and starting to sand again for painting!
Anyways there is still a lot to do but with time and patience thing will ne finish!

Best Regards tankian!

Last edited:
Hi everyone another update!

So I manage to paint the desk, even painted 2 times, in the first time the coulor was to dark so I had to paint the desk again. After painting the outside I used black matte spray for the inside.
Then I moved to the legs, I dont know if some of you spot the idea in the beginning when I did the legs but I always wanted to make it like this, so you kinda have the computer connected to the desk (even more).

Didnt had time for more mostly because I had my first modding workshop, and if I believe the first in portugal so it took me a lot of time to set everything for that workshop.

Some photos about the workshop :)

Anyways lets move to the videos and photos!

Video:

Photos:

Desk first paint work (didnt took photos from the 2nd paint work):

Leg lights:

Some standoff I decide to buy:

Honestly I didnt took that much photos, so defenetly I recomend you to see the video to see how everything was done.
Still have a lot of work to do but with time things will be done I'm 100% commited to this project!

If you wanna keep it touch with the desk you guys can follow my twitch channel I've been doing some live streams about it. :)

twitch.com/tankias

Best Regards

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
It looks awesome. But why did you make the white plexy that covers the Led strips from 3 separate pieces, and not just use a single plexy and bend it to shape?

It looks awesome. But why did you make the white plexy that covers the Led strips from 3 separate pieces, and not just use a single plexy and bend it to shape?
Thanks!

That was my first try with a hairdryer and didnt work very well lol
And I dont have a heatgun so there's that :/

Hi everyone after 1 month of waiting for parts, solving costums insues I'm back and happy to announce the last build phase video.

So basicly was about time to bring the desk inside my room and start mounting everything, weld the LED's needed and mounting the water cooling.
The water cooling will be in soft tube, mostly because I didnt found any sponsor, besides Cooler Master that decided to enter in this last month, and to moving for hard tube I needed to buy again new fittings that I already had bought, it was impossible for my wallet lol

So lets move to the video and photos:

Video:

Photos:

Back trim

When I got the desk inside

Started to mount everything

USB HUB

RGB LED's and 5 fan splitter

Welding and testing LED's

Testing with fans

Secound idea and final for the water cooling

First run in 1 month

Moving the "old" desk to place the new one

Sneak peak

So there you have it!
This weekend I will be posting the final photos and video about the desk so stay tunned!

Best Regards,
Tankian the Man

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Such a big 'case' for one small PC looks very depressing. I believe that you could squeeze at least 2 machines in there and still have plenty of room to water cool them both.

Such a big 'case' for one small PC looks very depressing. I believe that you could squeeze at least 2 machines in there and still have plenty of room to water cool them both.

Thanks for your feedback!
Well for the use I will have with this project it doesn't make sense to have 2 machines inside, for many reasons.
Needs to be big, mostly because my GF will use the desk too for her laptop, so I had to save some space for her.

Best regards!

System Name Terminator T3500
Processor Intel Xeon W3680 4GHz
Motherboard Dell T3500
Cooling Deepcool Gammax 400
Memory 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 8GB
Storage 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Display(s) Acer H233H - 1920x1080 75Hz
Case Corsair Carbide Spec-01
Audio Device(s) Kinter MA-170
Power Supply Corsair CX600
Mouse Corsair Katar
Keyboard Ajazz AK33
Software Windows 10
I think it looks great! Would love to build something similar as both me and my girlfriend are PC gamers with our own rigs...would be nice to consolidate our work-spaces into one large desk as both of our desks are side-by-side anyway.

I think it looks great! Would love to build something similar as both me and my girlfriend are PC gamers with our own rigs...would be nice to consolidate our work-spaces into one large desk as both of our desks are side-by-side anyway.

Thanks @Aaron_Henderson!
Well that's the point, I wanted to have a clean space for both of us without big stuff around and this was the best solution! :D

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Looks awesome, its like a component showcase now... and the components are actually functional too.

I agree its not an economic use of 'case' space but that was never the point, primarily this looks like a nice desk with a very cool look.

Mission accomplished I'd say!

Just one detail, you need a bigger monitor now, this looks sad :D

Looks awesome, its like a component showcase now... and the components are actually functional too.

I agree its not an economic use of 'case' space but that was never the point, primarily this looks like a nice desk with a very cool look.

Mission accomplished I'd say!

Just one detail, you need a bigger monitor now, this looks sad :D

It will be 2 Monitors, 1 73cm 29" and another one with 21" :)

Hi everyone!

Happy to announce the final result about this project!

LETS GO!

Video:

Photos:

Many thanks to all techpowerup members that in some way helped me with "good vibes" hope I match the expectations!
I'm curious to see what you guys have to say!

Best Regards,
Tankian the Man

Last edited: