• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] TARDIS

KenHart1969

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
i5 quad
8gb Corsair
Blu ray Writer
Gigabyte ITX motherboard
XFX 6670 (480 core) Graphics

Mods:
The case is built from the ground up and does not rely on any parts from other cases. It is all aluminium except the roof light, windows and police signs which are back lit acrylics. Case is FULLY BBC licensed.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenHart1969

Forgot to add it has a 20cm x 20cm footprint and stands a little higher than a 2 litre coke bottle.

The roof light unscrews to remove the roof section - there is an optical drive hidden behind the front police sign (which is back lit).

This section can be removed when unscrewed leaving the 3 sides of the case to slide up and out giving access to all sides of the PC for maintenance, upgrading and so on.

The BBC have now licensed this case as quite a few people that helped with the process wanted one, or knew someone that wanted one and so on.

For any enquiries to purchase peterbalshaw@scan.co.uk at Scan.

Yes it does have miniature door handles that are odd sized to match the original and no the doors do not open for health and "put my fingers in the fan" not safety..

It did take a few years and alot of help from the BBC Dr Who Team (who I must really thank alot for helping my dream come true).

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll help the best I can.

KenHart1969

maybe you could open one up so we can see whats what?

Will do that - sorry my first uploaded project.

Added a few images from my iphone - will add alot more later when I get home.

Last edited:

iamthewizard2

System Name QD Blu-Ray 280 i7
Processor Quad Core i7 965 4.2 gighertz - 4.2 gigahertz max from turbo boost mode.
Motherboard Gigabyte x58 EXTREME motherboard
Cooling Air
Memory 12gig Patriot Triple Channel DDR3 OC to 1850Mhz
Video Card(s) Duel Geforce GTX280 SLI + gold lined DVI cabling
Storage x2 WD Velociraptor 300gig in raid-0, x2 WD 75 gig Raptor Drive, x2 Seagate 1 terrabyte NS Drives, x1
Display(s) Samsung T220 Blue, LG W2252TQ 22', 19' Dell
Case Lian Li V2010B Hairline Brushed Aluminium Case
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Corsair 1000W
Software Windows Vista 64bit, Photoshop CS4, virtually every PC game!
i bet the inside of that case is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than what it looks like from the outside....kekeke

I voted 10/10 because:

This Case is a Great Rendicion of a English Telephone booth.