• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Technology Analyst: Get Over Vista Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Okay, this is what I'll do. I'll pirate a copy of Vista, try it out with the fully fledged updates, then I'll think about purchasing vista. Or I'll go back to XP.

that is what i did. i at first went back to xp, but then i wanted to try dx10 gaming so i switched to vista and am loving it now.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
The main issue here is that they are asking XP users to ' get over it '.
Better hardware required to keep up with XP ? So the better hardware will run better on XP!
Vista is shit, everyone knows it, they even know it! They are already over it, and are bringing out the new o.s very very soon. Vista was a marketing strategy to elude users to making a purchase, most making a dual purchase back to XP. MS won big time, so did their shareholders.

Windows7 seems promising as did XP after the many versions between XP PRO & 98se. I have no doubt that the majority of windows users will jump from XP to Windows7. I just hope they dont kill this one too. Please let me pick what i want to install because i cbf pulling it apart and putting together my own version.

Its strange, someone would say something like everybody knows vista is shit, even when there are plenty of people saying they love it. :laugh: Its also still just rumours about windows 7, Bill Gates said something, Microsoft themselved denied it, who knows. The main issue of the article is that there is no real reason to dislike vista at this point other than simple lack of knowledge and bias, something that has become pretty clear in this thread I think; and that this vista hate and xp clinging is causing the progression of the new os and new features to be a slow one. Case and point, dx10, which should have more games by now, but developers are scared to put them on their games as a nessecity for fear there will be lots of complaints from xp owners. Make them make vista better, don't ask them to keep an outdated os lacking the features trying to drive us forward.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Why doesn't Bill Gates just come out and bluntly say "Make your own O/S or just STFU!"? Most of my computer illiterate friends love Vista. I don't love it, but it works. After I set it up the way I like it, my machine doesn't know the difference. Well... Except for my RAM.

System Name Home/Work/Home
Processor Dual Xeon 5570 / Core i5-2.6Ghz / Dell Vostro 410 Xeon L5430
Motherboard Lenovo D20 / Dell 4110 / Vostro 410 G33 based
Cooling stock / stock / stock
Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
Video Card(s) 9800GT 512 / HD3000 / 9800GT 512 PCIE
Storage Geez Louise - a whole bunch !
Display(s) CRT Phillips Brilliance 204P
Case EATX / Laptop / Glorious Dell Vostro 410
Audio Device(s) stock / stock / stock
Power Supply stock / stock / stock
Mouse Zowie, is there another?
Keyboard Awesome Dell Natural (by Microsoft)
Software W2K3 Svr / W2K3 Svr
Benchmark Scores Alot / not so much / Working on it
Gots to horn in....

I like vista alot and even though people complain about driver crashes it happens on xp too, anyway usualy I put up with it until there is a fix.

I suppose U wouldn't care if your VISA transaction crashed....U now owe 20x more in your next statement....no prob right? U'll pay it and wait for the bank to pay U back right?

As we are already computer dependent, RELIABILITY is the RULE...not the OPTION!!!

LOL
jtleon

Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
What the heck?!?...I can't believe my eyes....

yes, they want your money. but they also don't have the resources to continue to innovate AND continue to support the older technologies.

Rhino,

So Ur saying MS is going broke, right? That $43BILLION CASH offer to buy Yahoo was totally smoke & mirrors?

With all respect Rhino....you gots to read a newspaper or watch TV occasionally!

LOL
jtleon

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I suppose U wouldn't care if your VISA transaction crashed....U now owe 20x more in your next statement....no prob right? U'll pay it and wait for the bank to pay U back right?

As we are already computer dependent, RELIABILITY is the RULE...not the OPTION!!!

LOL
jtleon

You missed the point of his statement I think. He was saying that XP is just as prone to get bad drivers as Vista.

Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb

Megasty

Processor i7 920 @ 3.6 GHz (4.0 when gaming)
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme - Yeah I Bought It...
Cooling Swiftech.
Memory 12 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer - I Love Red
Video Card(s) ASUS EAH4870X2 - That Fan Is...!?
Storage 4 WD 1.5 TB
Display(s) 24" Sceptre
Case TT Xaser VI - Fugly, Red, & Huge...
Audio Device(s) The ASUS Thingy
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit
Just how much longer do you think MS will support XP? 1 yr..2, come on. XP is already 7 friggin yrs old. Its not going to last forever just like desktop based computing isn't. A GUI isn't everything. OS's are becoming more average user friendly by the second. XP was a buggy POS when it first came out & so was vista. Only time healed XP wounds & the same will happen with vista. MS never corrected most problems with its "new" OS's while they were still "new". Grab vista while you can so you can see its development firsthand b4 the next buggy POS arrives.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Rhino,

So Ur saying MS is going broke, right? That $43BILLION CASH offer to buy Yahoo was totally smoke & mirrors?

With all respect Rhino....you gots to read a newspaper or watch TV occasionally!

LOL
jtleon

with all due respect, you don't understand business. microsoft has a ton of money. they also have a ton of competition because microsoft is more than just an operating system. they own stock in a lot of other companies and they make business deals all the time. it is a competitive world. do you want microsoft to continue to fully support windows 95 because there might be people out there that have 12 year old computers? of course not. sometimes companies need to push forward in order to stay ahead of everyone else. so that means that they have to pull resources from older programs in order to continue growing at the rate their shareholders expect. their shareholders want them to innovate because that is how you make money. sure, they could pay all sorts of money to continue supporting windows 2000 and XP but that would slow them down. you and i dont know their situation. perhaps this is a pivatol moment for them. regardless, if you think you can do better, then by all means start your own software company.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Just how much longer do you think MS will support XP? 1 yr..2, come on. XP is already 7 friggin yrs old. Its not going to last forever just like desktop based computing isn't. A GUI isn't everything. OS's are becoming more average user friendly by the second. XP was a buggy POS when it first came out & so was vista. Only time healed XP wounds & the same will happen with vista. MS never corrected most problems with its "new" OS's while they were still "new". Grab vista while you can so you can see its development firsthand b4 the next buggy POS arrives.

i agree. it is amazing how short term our memories are. XP was GARBAGE when it came out. now it is great. it took years to work out all the problems. quality drivers were especially scarce. my guess is that most of the people on here are in their mid-teens so they dont really know of the time that XP sucked and windows 2000 was all the rage. hell! i even remember people complaining about windows 2000 and they wanted better support for windows 98 :laugh:

Rebo&Zooty

a lot of you have missed the point. you whine because vista does not perform as well as windows xp using the same hardware to run applications and games. but every new OS requires higher specs because of consumer demand for functionality and accesibility. you want vista to be better than XP at running applications? then you do it. you start coding and see how it goes. oh whats that? you dont know how to code? then how can you possibly complain about something you dont have the ability to change. you can either buy it or not. that is your role as the consumer. if enought people dont buy it then microsoft will get the message and their next OS will address those problems. but dont expect some miracle OS that will never crash and run crysis at 1,000 FPS on ultra high settings. i dont see the point of all this complaining. you are wasting your energy.

acctualy it dosnt REQUIER higher hardware to improove an os, as can be shown with a decent linux distro(noobuntu is effectivly vista in linux flavor.....heavy on resorces and slow)

check out vectorlinux soho unsing enlitenment, if you want a flashy gui, its got it, if you want speed even on OLD ASS HARDWARE that wouldnt even run windows XP, guess what YOU GOT IT!!!! no joke, i have done it, and it works, so this "you need to force hardware upgrades to add fetures/functionality/accessability.

fact is MS COULD DO IT, but they dont because they want to insure you buy a new puter every couple years, and this is im sure enlarge to keep their pockets full, not just via hardware sales but you know that the higher up's in ms do invest in hardware maker stocks, so its good for them if your forced to buy 16gb ram and a 4ghz quadcore and a 500gb, as well as a 512mb dx10 videocard in order to run their next os, because it insures they make money off the software and off then investments in hardware makers, woot woot guess thats all for the best in your eyes tho.

The main issue here is that they are asking XP users to ' get over it '.
Better hardware required to keep up with XP ? So the better hardware will run better on XP!
Vista is shit, everyone knows it, they even know it! They are already over it, and are bringing out the new o.s very very soon. Vista was a marketing strategy to elude users to making a purchase, most making a dual purchase back to XP. MS won big time, so did their shareholders.

Windows7 seems promising as did XP after the many versions between XP PRO & 98se. I have no doubt that the majority of windows users will jump from XP to Windows7. I just hope they dont kill this one too. Please let me pick what i want to install because i cbf pulling it apart and putting together my own version.

hell even bill gates effectivly admited that vista sucks, need proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2zqRc1jvs

yeah, thats a ringing indorcement for their new os aint it, the owner of the company effectivly saying it sucks and is unpolished.........

Ummm, output can be disabled on XP as well. Both audio and video, just like Vista.

But like I said, that's easily defeatable, on either os. Again, not a good argument.

And why do you keep brining up extended support for corporations? We all know corporations have different needs than standard desktop users. That's not the scope of this article, and just another red herring for you to try and use to make Vista look bad.

you dont read well do you?

under xp IF ms dissabled video output the would be open to lawsuits and WOULD LOOSE, the eula dosnt allow it, under vista it does and it also allows "degraded playback" of media if ms/mpaa/riaa dont like your hardware, for the love of god READ what i said.

as to corp users, alot of people cant deal with their home system and work system being diffrent, you got no idea how many people i have seen get their vista machien put back to xp simply because they cant deal with the diffrances, im not saying ppl like us couldnt, but alot of computer MORONS/AOL users cant coap with things not being the same in both places, i even heard one lady at best buy paying geek squad to install xp for her say that was her reasion, she liked vistas look, but couldnt deal with how diffrent it was from her system at work, so she bought xp online and payed geeksquad like 280bucks to install it for her(stupid ppl make geeksquad rich......)

but you dont see that, you see, "vista is newer, so vista is better, woot woot for vista, everybody should change now!!!"

Also something about xp, im not an xp fan, its been a headake for me to deal withdue to botched critical hotfixes (untested shit that breaks drivers or bsod loops ppls systems) but its still better then the experiance with vista i have had to date, and if you read its EULA, well the xp eula is far more forgiving and kind to the end user then vista's.

you know in vista you arent even allowed to "trouble shoot" os spicific problems/limmitations and find workarounds? yeah thats in there, if you do that, you just broke your contract and they can dissable your system if they like leaving you with a very expencive paperweight.....NICE!!!!

Just watch, people will cling to Vista like they cling to XP now when Windows 7 comes out. lol.
On the other hand, they may leap from XP to Windows 7.... As of now, an install of windows 7 M1 requires an upgrade from Vista, so MS may just give the XP lovers the finger and say "vista to 7 only, not XP to 7" lol. Then again, there is always a clean install...

who cares? its stupid to "upgrade" anyway, you just endup with more problems and a buggyer slower system if you do an "upgrade" from one version of windows to another.....

Why doesn't Bill Gates just come out and bluntly say "Make your own O/S or just STFU!"? Most of my computer illiterate friends love Vista. I don't love it, but it works. After I set it up the way I like it, my machine doesn't know the difference. Well... Except for my RAM.

because even he feels vista is unpolished crap?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a2zqRc1jvs

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=3223&x=19&y=8

try till 4/8/2014

Attachments

• life cycle XP.png
    life cycle XP.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 417
  • life cycle 2k.png
    life cycle 2k.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 465
Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
Rhino...Do U work for MS?

....sure, they could pay all sorts of money to continue supporting windows 2000 and XP but that would slow them down. you and i dont know their situation. perhaps this is a pivatol moment for them. regardless, if you think you can do better, then by all means start your own software company.

All sorts of money??? A fully matured product does not cost "All sorts of money" to maintain support!!!

Understand that operating systems are perfected by the USER...not MS. That is called BETA testing....and for W2K and WXP that BETA testing has been ongoing for the past 8+ years..and continues as I write this message. That why we have SP1 SP2 SP3 SP4...and on and on.

You also need to face the FACT that MS is an extremely profitable company---Primarily due to the success of 2000/XP over these 8+ years. MS has all the liquid they need to maintain these products for 20+years.....without even feeling a pin prick!

Finally, there is no TRUE competitor for MS Windows....except for MS itself---basically MS management dropped the ball with VISTA----this has been the biggest downfalls of all monopolies/dictatorships in history-----self destruction!!!

I do appreciate Your enthusiasm Rhino - keep researching this issue - don't just take my word for it!

Regards,
jtleon

Megasty

Cooling Swiftech.
Storage 4 WD 1.5 TB
Display(s) 24" Sceptre
Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
Age descrimination.....for SHAME!!!!

......my guess is that most of the people on here are in their mid-teens so they dont really know of the time that XP sucked and windows 2000 was all the rage. hell! i even remember people complaining about windows 2000 and they wanted better support for windows 98 :laugh:

Dude....a very big mistake on your part!!!!

LOL
jtleon

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
acctualy it dosnt REQUIER higher hardware to improove an os, as can be shown with a decent linux distro(noobuntu is effectivly vista in linux flavor.....heavy on resorces and slow)

check out vectorlinux soho unsing enlitenment, if you want a flashy gui, its got it, if you want speed even on OLD ASS HARDWARE that wouldnt even run windows XP, guess what YOU GOT IT!!!! no joke, i have done it, and it works, so this "you need to force hardware upgrades to add fetures/functionality/accessability.

fact is MS COULD DO IT, but they dont because they want to insure you buy a new puter every couple years, and this is im sure enlarge to keep their pockets full, not just via hardware sales but you know that the higher up's in ms do invest in hardware maker stocks, so its good for them if your forced to buy 16gb ram and a 4ghz quadcore and a 500gb, as well as a 512mb dx10 videocard in order to run their next os, because it insures they make money off the software and off then investments in hardware makers, woot woot guess thats all for the best in your eyes tho.

stop being silly. i was using enlightenment on freebsd back in 1999. i know all about streamlined GUIs on light operating systems. you are comparing apples and oranges. microsoft isnt making their operating systems more complicated to appease hardware manufacturers, they are doing it to continue supporting EVERYTHING available. that is not an easy task. why do you think OSX runs so well? because it is a closed system that only supports specific hardware and software. vista is available to anyone. any manufacturer can apply of a license and get ahold of the code and create their hardware to work with vista. that is an enormous task on microsofts part to continue to support thousands of companies on both the hardware and software side. so please stop with the BS.

Rebo&Zooty

with all due respect, you don't understand business. microsoft has a ton of money. they also have a ton of competition because microsoft is more than just an operating system. they own stock in a lot of other companies and they make business deals all the time. it is a competitive world. do you want microsoft to continue to fully support windows 95 because there might be people out there that have 12 year old computers? of course not. sometimes companies need to push forward in order to stay ahead of everyone else. so that means that they have to pull resources from older programs in order to continue growing at the rate their shareholders expect. their shareholders want them to innovate because that is how you make money. sure, they could pay all sorts of money to continue supporting windows 2000 and XP but that would slow them down. you and i dont know their situation. perhaps this is a pivatol moment for them. regardless, if you think you can do better, then by all means start your own software company.

but you fail to take into account that ms was and still is making $ off XP sales, and they avoided for many years having to "innovate" by keeping xp working well for the majority of buyers, its cheaper to keep a current system up to date then it is to "innovate" a new one, the thing is that vista isnt really innovation, its simply a moded version of server 2003 pro with a max inspired gui........thats not innovation, its a hack job as bill would admit if he didnt want to tank vista sales ;)

i agree. it is amazing how short term our memories are. XP was GARBAGE when it came out. now it is great. it took years to work out all the problems. quality drivers were especially scarce. my guess is that most of the people on here are in their mid-teens so they dont really know of the time that XP sucked and windows 2000 was all the rage. hell! i even remember people complaining about windows 2000 and they wanted better support for windows 98 :laugh:

drivers wherent the problem, the fact xp like vista was put out early, both where in a beta stage, xp at least tho didnt break half the apps people use on a daily basis......

drivers, well 2k drivers where quite mature by then, and xp uses 2k drivers so...the only ppl that had issues finding mature drivers where the ones who couldnt read up and understand that xp is just 2k with more crap slaped ontop, same kinda ppl who insist that server 2003 cant game because there are no drivers for it :p (2003 uses 2k/xp drivers.....)

vista was pushed out a good bit early, they should have waited, kept the open beta going, work out the buggs, then put vista out in an SP1 stage for retail, sales would have been far better by then, hardware makers would have had drivers ready, and alot of the population would have already been using it and addicted to it.

Megasty

Cooling Swiftech.
Storage 4 WD 1.5 TB
Display(s) 24" Sceptre

:laugh: the transition between dos & win 3.1 was the most traumatic for me. People were complaining about how 95 & 98 was the same, how ME was BS, how 2000 was just going back to 98 after the ME mistake, & how XP was a buggy POS based on the BSOD. So I guess its nothing new but just when are they going to get over it :confused:

Rebo&Zooty

stop being silly. i was using enlightenment on freebsd back in 1999. i know all about streamlined GUIs on light operating systems. you are comparing apples and oranges. microsoft isnt making their operating systems more complicated to appease hardware manufacturers, they are doing it to continue supporting EVERYTHING available. that is not an easy task. why do you think OSX runs so well? because it is a closed system that only supports specific hardware and software. vista is available to anyone. any manufacturer can apply of a license and get ahold of the code and create their hardware to work with vista. that is an enormous task on microsofts part to continue to support thousands of companies on both the hardware and software side. so please stop with the BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10kg2aSB8q4&feature=related

IF you used it in 99 you where using a far older version then is avalable now, thats like saying "i used explorer back in 1995" when windows explorer has evolved alot since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10kg2aSB8q4&feature=related

yeah so your just got pwnt for saying you gotta make things run worse on the same hardware to get nice gui fx, thats a load of crap, acctualy watch the videos, they show things people ooooo and aaaaaaahhhhh about in vista, but done without high end hardware, the first video can be done on a 266mhz p2 with 208mb ram and a 4mb trident videocard......try that with anything ms has made......

as to osx running well, yes closed platform helps, BUT osx is just a variant of bsd, and bsd if setup properly will run just as well, maby not as flashy (well till u dig around and find the mac gui/window managers that are avalable for it)

as stated, ms makes $ on both software they sell and the hardware thats sold due to their investments in said companys, they have a vestedintrest in forcing you to buy a new computer or upgrade your current one.

Memory 12Gb / 4Gb / 4Gb
Last edited:

Rebo&Zooty

:laugh: the transition between dos & win 3.1 was the most traumatic for me. People were complaining about how 95 & 98 was the same, how ME was BS, how 2000 was just going back to 98 after the ME mistake, & how XP was a buggy POS based on the BSOD. So I guess its nothing new but just when are they going to get over it :confused:

most of the crying i saw and heard about 2k vs 9x was due to people not understanding the os they moved to, the fact that it wasnt based on 9x at all, i had to many times explain that tho it looked the same/simlar it wasnt even close to the same under the hood.

comparing 9x with nt core is like comparing a windup toy with a sports car.........(since ppl here like car annaligys.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
but you fail to take into account that ms was and still is making $ off XP sales, and they avoided for many years having to "innovate" by keeping xp working well for the majority of buyers, its cheaper to keep a current system up to date then it is to "innovate" a new one, the thing is that vista isnt really innovation, its simply a moded version of server 2003 pro with a max inspired gui........thats not innovation, its a hack job as bill would admit if he didnt want to tank vista sales ;)

technically that is innovation. and yes, i understand the shortcomings of vista, but it is no different than any of the other microsoft operating systems before it. the fact that people were suprised by vistas early problems is retarded.

drivers wherent the problem, the fact xp like vista was put out early, both where in a beta stage, xp at least tho didnt break half the apps people use on a daily basis......

drivers, well 2k drivers where quite mature by then, and xp uses 2k drivers so...the only ppl that had issues finding mature drivers where the ones who couldnt read up and understand that xp is just 2k with more crap slaped ontop, same kinda ppl who insist that server 2003 cant game because there are no drivers for it :p (2003 uses 2k/xp drivers.....)

vista was pushed out a good bit early, they should have waited, kept the open beta going, work out the buggs, then put vista out in an SP1 stage for retail, sales would have been far better by then, hardware makers would have had drivers ready, and alot of the population would have already been using it and addicted to it.

hindsight is 20/20. and XP was just as bad as vista was during its transition. it is true that history changes over time.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Hmm. Eyes. Check! Ears... Check! Nope, no problems there. Please don't insult my listening and visual skills. Personally, I like basing the information I give out to people from my own personal experiences. Not by what some journalist writes on a website. You can throw all the links you want at me. Fact of the matter is, It's my job to keep 20+ computers going all of which run either XP or Vista. I'm comfortable using either O/S and can make either of them run like I want. If you feel like you need to listen to the "professionals" go right ahead mate!:toast:

Rebo&Zooty

technically that is innovation. and yes, i understand the shortcomings of vista, but it is no different than any of the other microsoft operating systems before it. the fact that people were suprised by vistas early problems is retarded.

hindsight is 20/20. and XP was just as bad as vista was during its transition. it is true that history changes over time.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/innovation

in·no·va·tion (n-vshn)
n.
1. The act of introducing something new.
2. Something newly introduced.

innovation
Noun
1. something newly introduced, such as a new method or device
2. the act of innovating

i dont see how copyed fetures of another os are innovation.........

thats like saying rubber tires are an innovation because you painted ur name on the side of them....

Status
Not open for further replies.