• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp! Official IC Diamond Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Liar liar pants on fire....

It was shipped on your account, you had access to all information, and if it took you three weeks to realize it wasnt there....you really cannot expect me to believe that. (BTW it was scheduled for four days transit, you are blaming FedEx here?)

As I said in the last post, SEND IT BACK, you obviously dropped the ball on this deal. I mean I only asked at two weeks, and at three weeks, and it took you until the three week question to realize you didn't have it? What sort of company is this anyways, you ask for our help and in return get assholes and elbows for excuses, and then expect me to believe this drivel you put on our boards?

SEND IT BACK ALREADY, are we on the same page now?

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
Liar liar pants on fire....

It was shipped on your account, you had access to all information, and if it took you three weeks to realize it wasnt there....you really cannot expect me to believe that. (BTW it was scheduled for four days transit, you are blaming FedEx here?)

As I said in the last post, SEND IT BACK, you obviously dropped the ball on this deal. I mean I only asked at two weeks, and at three weeks, and it took you until the three week question to realize you didn't have it? What sort of company is this anyways, you ask for our help and in return get assholes and elbows for excuses, and then expect me to believe this drivel you put on our boards?

SEND IT BACK ALREADY, are we on the same page now?

I will send you a new one a new one today I have your address -Who is your favourite reseller?

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
Why cant I have mine?

If you do have a good reason for the above, why on earth do I care where you spend your money?

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
Well yours is horribly damaged and I thought I would be a nice guy and send you a new shiny one.

Also the intent was we were to examine it and see what was going on and I would like to follow through and do the job that was requested of us.

provide us with your resellers name so we can have it shipped today so you suffer no further delay.

Last edited:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
wait man, don't push this onto me, you had my cooler for 2.5Weeks now. You had access to the tracking information, and you failed to act on what was promised. At no time in my PMs nor in this thread did you say can I borrow your cooler for a month or two! If you had addressed the situation in reality, that IC Diamond cant track their own packages, can't remember that it was even supposed to be there, then after two times of me reminding and getting ignored, you finally "find" my cooler....lame to say the least.

I work with many many companies, and by far this is the worst experience with a manufacturer in the PC aftermarket world I have ever seen, and I had some really shitty experiences in the past!

I'm sorry, but initially calling me a troll, flat out saying it wasn't an issue from your paste, me surrendering the cooler, getting ignored for me efforts to help improve something for a company (no gains on my end), then flat out being lied to in a public setting....at this point your weak attempt to be nice and understanding now is all for nothing!

You all fumbled this whole matter like no other company has done to me before. I will end this by saying, I don't care what you do at this point, get me a cooler, and I am done with this thread, your products, and will never recommend anyone deal with your company, EVER!

sincerely-
Chad Sebring
Case, Cooling, and Peripherals Editor
www.tweaktown.com

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
I will just pick one then and make sure you get the tracking number

Ordered from newegg next business day - order will be processed according to them in the next 24-48 hours when I have the tracking number I will post it.

Last edited:
System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
it's been shipped to a couple of resellers and I assume they will have it up in the next day or two - I will post links when available.

Thank you, I will check back then.

Chris_Ramseyer

Phison Rep
Yes, please send another cool so it can be tested with your TIM again, this time on video with before and after images, lint free, in review quality detail.

System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
IC, I think that the issue is not pressure (although it might be related but not the culprit); besides, as I've said, I didn't find any chunk of diamond or anything. I think that there's some sort of chemical reaction going on that eats the cooper.

The curious parts are 1) the similar shape of the pit, 2) the fact that is concealed in a single area and 3) it only affected the IHS (my heatsink didn't show any damage). :confused: You'd think that there would be damage everywhere if it was indeed a chemical reaction and that's were pressure would come in (I guess), although my setup didn't have any kind of super pressure or anything as you can see in my pressure paper tests.

Link to my results: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2729313&postcount=131

In my case I tested 3 TIMs: IC, Cooler Master's standard compound (the small tubes that come with their heatsinks) and MX-4. I cleaned the CPU with isopropyl alcohol and paper towels between each test. When I tested with IC24 I ran 5 hot-cold cycles consisting on 100 loops of Intel Burn Test standard and then turning off the PCfor 1 hour (about 10 hours total). The hottest core was Core 0 although I don't know where is it located on the die and if the heat would be a factor too.

At the end the CPU only sustained cosmeticall damage, temps or performance weren't affected and I only removed the heatsink to install a water cooling kit. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have known.

As for your offer, well, I already sanded the CPU again and put the last of my IC7 tube on it and I think that Sonda RMAed his block. Sorry. :eek:

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
As for your offer, well, I already sanded the CPU again and put the last of my IC7 tube on it and I think that Sonda RMAed his block. Sorry. :eek:

Is that your cpu that had the ding in it! Heck how thick is the cover on the cpu :wtf:

From seeing how deep the nick was I think you'd be into the chip itself lol.

Im just happy Andrew offered to replace the parts for full value. :toast:

And Chad (sp) Im not picking on your posts ok so don't think I am please :respect: so PLEASE take this with a grain of salt :)

But You cant slam a guy for testing and answering a persons email when they're busy trying to find out if the product is faulty. I know from experience, I get into a project and nothing can take my attention away from what I'm doing until it's done. Andrew IMO did a good job and did a great presentation of his findings... I think TT should hire him for such a good detailed job. Better yet TPU should hire him :cool:

I posted a Bulldozer cpu off to one of the other Moderators last year and what suppose to take 3-4 days with tracking took almost 3 weeks before he received the cpu. I was starting to think I was going to send his refund because it got lost or something but It was the Courier's fault... Yes they are not perfect, only God is perfect.

I agree with the other guy that posted and you place up a video and see what happens with your cooler. I am a simple man.. no video editing abilitys at all. I posted 3 videos on here from You tube showing what my cpu and water block looked like. But I wish you the best of luck and thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Brad K of The Great white north would recommend this ICDiamond to all enthusiasts out there. I have not been influenced in any way by means of torture, black mail, or cash for My endorsement... I Fullinfusion gives ICD product 2 thumbs up :pimp:

Last edited:
System Name Dell-y Driver
Processor Core i5-10400
Motherboard Asrock H410M-HVS
Cooling Intel 95w stock cooler
Memory 2x8 A-DATA 2999Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) UHD 630
Storage 1TB WD Green M.2 - 4TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Asus PA248 1920x1200 IPS
Case Dell Vostro 270S case
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Dell 220w
Software Windows 10 64bit
Is that your cpu that had the ding in it! Heck how thick is the cover on the cpu :wtf:

From seeing how deep the nick was I think you'd be into the chip itself lol.

I just lapped it a little more to get rid of the scratches, there's some pit left (about 60% I'd say) but it certainty isn't in the same condition as the pictures anymore... besides it's an ES chip so monetary value is null anyway :eek:

Last edited:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
@ full, I dropped off the package at UPS, it was billed to IC Diamond, I got no tracking or receipt as I didn't pay for the service. Anywhere in the continental US takes no more than 4 days!

If you had a customer that had an issue, would you not keep tabs on said product being shipped to you? I mean had he said something at the 2 week mark, fine, but he came in read my post, and ignored it. Then in the end when he magically finds my cooler, he says it took 2 weeks to ship it and his neighbor had it a couple days. Funny thing about that is I copied his address to a T, so I guess he doesn't know where he works or how to get a customers product to him safely. They just fumbled the job, lied to me, and called me a troll for reporting my issue in the first place. I don't take your post as criticism, but if you had gone through this as a paying customer, how would you feel about this company???

Yeah let a site hire this thin skinned guy who blames everyone but himself for everything....I bet that job will last a long time:roll:

Lastly, the only reason I am getting a BNIB cooler is to try to appease me and make me go away, because I am causing too much of a stir in bad press for standing up for what I know and believe.

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
A full, I dropped off the package at UPS, it was billed to IC Diamond, I got no tracking or receipt as I didn't pay for the service. Anywhere in the continental US takes no more than 4 days!

If you had a customer that had an issue, would you not keep tabs on said product being shipped to you? I mean had he said something at the 2 week mark, fine, but he came in read my post, and ignored it. Then in the end when he magically finds my cooler, he says it took 2 weeks to ship it and his neighbor had it a couple days. Funny thing about that is I copied his address to a T, so I guess he doesn't know where he works or how to get a customers product to him safely. They just fumbled the job, lied to me, and called me a troll for reporting my issue in the first place. I don't take your post as criticism, but if you had gone through this as a paying customer, how would you feel about this company???

Yeah let a site hire this thin skinned guy who blames everyone but himself for everything....I bet that job will last a long time:roll:
Yeah I know what your saying but at least he offered you a new cooler. But like I said shit happened. All I know is I was told tht Andrew was busy and I never got a word back from him till today (sense I work on the road) but he got back to me.

Chad all I was getting at was we dont live in a perfict world and yes you were called a troll as I was called a fanboy... Not nice but no sence worrying about names. It's water under the bridge. In the end you get a new cooler and others get educated.

I want some memory! lol going into Memory express tomorrow !

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
See point above in the edit for the new cooler, and I am here to educate both the people of TPU and this rep. Since it can and does happen to some, it needs to be known and not swept under the rug. The way they handled my cooler is how do I say this....complete shit, and why was I not kept in touch with and ignored all this time? Hopefully those that employ andrew read this and ponder more deeply who they want for their public image, as his take on trolls/fanboys and lying in public settings isn't doing a good job for IC Diamond at all!

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Lol whats his boss email ill like this thread to him :p

Last edited:

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
See point above in the edit for the new cooler, and I am here to educate both the people of TPU and this rep. Since it can and does happen to some, it needs to be known and not swept under the rug. The way they handled my cooler is how do I say this....complete shit, and why was I not kept in touch with and ignored all this time? Hopefully those that employ andrew read this and ponder more deeply who they want for their public image, as his take on trolls/fanboys and lying in public settings isn't doing a good job for IC Diamond at all!

FedEx Tracking Number:

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
For the contact paper and Pressure film I have four retailers set up- note I am not taking selling it just supplying a marketing test kit to them after which they will purchase it from Sensor Products on their own for resale.

In any event they are looking for a website graphic or perhaps packaging picture of a before and after picture of an improvement in contact and pressure as was the thermal improvement we would appreciate a good example if it can be provided. Thanks in advance

IC Diamond

Innovation Cooling Rep
Not everybody, and need a better picture than what I have seen- something that has not been scaled down + permission

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Lastly, the only reason I am getting a BNIB cooler is to try to appease me and make me go away, because I am causing too much of a stir in bad press for standing up for what I know and believe.

No I think its to make you happy and there is nothing wrong with that. That way they can test your hardware in greater detail and see what the problem was so If there was a problem they could fix it so it never happens again. Look at the recalls car companies do when they have a big issue, they dont give ppl replacement cars... they correct the problem.

Chad in my honest as god's my whitness I think the problem could have been a bad base on your cooler. Like I said in a previous post mabey the plating of the cooler was fuged up straight from the get go...

I believe Andrew is going the right thing for you and not to hush you up but to make things rite for you... Thats what a good company does.

Here off topic, I bought a 2013 Kia here last June and bitched about the fuel economy...

Here the dealer found the wrong fuel trim was programed into the computer straight from Korea... Ok that got fixed... Now Kia is issuing us customers a fuel rebate... 20,000km or one year for life as long as you own the car. Here they found one test on fuel economy was off by .01% IMO wipty fukin do but they are making good to there costermers. So all in all Im expecting $120-160 dollars a year on a pre paid credit card... to me thats what makes a company shine :D

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
If they were honestly that worried about clearing ther name and keeping customers happy, I wouldn't be made out to be the bad guy, nor would they have lost my cooler for two weeks.

I never once said the TIM did it, I just said after using said product this is what I was left with.

I get where you are coming from, but to me it is still a buy off for the way they screwed this all up from the word go!

Also there is no rebate for being treated like crap, being lied to, nor the complete lack of any caring on their part.;) What's he gonna do ship me a box of TIM I will never use again?

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
If they were honestly that worried about clearing ther name and keeping customers happy, I wouldn't be made out to be the bad guy, nor would they have lost my cooler for two weeks.

I never once said the TIM did it, I just said after using said product this is what I was left with.

I get where you are coming from, but to me it is still a buy off for the way they screwed this all up from the word go!

Also there is no rebate for being treated like crap, being lied to, nor the complete lack of any caring on their part.;) What's he gonna do ship me a box of TIM I will never use again?
Lol I hear ya, but can I have the TIM :laugh:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Software Windows 11
I'm sure if I get a crate of it, I would be making it rain IC Diamond somewhere:roll:

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Currently somewhere around NSW, Australia
System Name hmmm... / lappy (ASUS Scar III)
Processor Intel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7-9750H
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Formula / ASUS G531GW
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s w/ 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax and 1 x Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM Chromax Fans / Stock
Memory 4x16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600mhz / 2x16gb Kingston Hyper X Impact DDR4 2666mhz C15
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 / Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
Storage 2 x Samsung 960 EVO Plus 1tb NVME/ 1tb Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 NVME + 2tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34P / ASUS 15.6" Screen
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2 White-TG + Noctua Chromax Fans / ASUS Scar III Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Logitech Z623 / Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W + PROLINK PRO903WS / ASUS ADP-230GB B Power Brick
Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB / ASUS Scar III Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 / Windows 10 Professional x64
Status
Not open for further replies.