• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TerraMaster Announces F5-221 Business NAS For Growing Businesses

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
TerraMaster, a professional brand that specializes in providing innovative storage products for home, businesses and enterprises, presents the F5-221 Business NAS, a 5-bay storage designed to meet the needs of growing small- and medium-sized businesses. It is perfect for many commercial storage applications including mail server, website server, FTP server, archive storage server, MySQL database, CRM, virtual machine server, and so much more.

The TerraMaster F5-221 is equipped with a powerful 2.00 GHz (2.50 GHz boost) Intel dual-core processor with expandable memory supporting up to 6 GB. Designed for professional use, the F5-221 comes with excellent security with AES hardware encryption support. It also supports 4K HD video transcoding making it an ideal multimedia storage.

Powerful and Efficient Performance
TerraMaster's F5-221 powerful and efficient Intel dual-core processor enables fast speeds of up to 200 MB/s read and up to 190 MB/s write with Link Aggregation enabled.

Multiple Layers of Data Security
The F5-221 comes with five layers of data security to provide maximum protection. Data security features include Automatic Scheduled Backup, Btrfs File System and Snapshot, RAID 1,5,6 Array Security, AES Hardware Folder Encryption & Network Transport Encryption, and Cloud Drive Data Backup.

Advanced File System
The F5-221 uses a next-generation file system for maximum data protection. Advanced Btrfs file system offers 71,680 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder. This feature prevents data corruption and lowers maintenance cost.

4K Ultra HD Video Transcoding
The F5-221 is compatible with the DLNA protocol, third-party's multimedia servers enable users to stream 4K media content from TNAS to multimedia playback devices. The device offers 4K H.264 live transcoding to deliver smooth 4K video playback on computers, smartphones, and media players that lack native support for HD formats.

Private Cloud Storage
The F5-221 is the perfect NAS device for setting up a private cloud storage for businesses. Cloud storage enables remote access capabilities which makes work collaboration easier. Rights of access can be tailored for managers and employees. It supports two-way cloud drive sync, making sure that all progress is saved in the two file locations—TNAS and computer.

Pricing
The TerraMaster F5-221 5-Bay NAS is available at TerraMaster.com and partner resellers including Amazon for $379.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I was looking to buy an F5-221 in the spring, but decided I liked DSM too much to risk an unknown OS and ecosystem.

I remember announcements a couple of months back for the F5-221 and thought to myself "that's odd, the F5-221 isn't a new product, why are they announcing it?"

And here we are today, with the news that Terramaster is announcing the F5-221.

Again.

This is not a new product. It's using a 5-year-old Celeron dual-core from 2016 FFS. It's appealing value with 5 bays for under $400, but STOP ANNOUNCING OLD PRODUCTS!

System Name My PC
Processor AMD 2700 x @ 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming
Cooling Zalman CNPS20X
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 570 PULSE
Storage Adata Ultimate SU800
Case Phanteks Eclipse P500A
Audio Device(s) Logitech G51
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 550W
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121
i would buy it with a decent discount even it those specs.