1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tesoro Gram Spectrum RGB Keyboard

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by VSG, Feb 20, 2017.

1. VSG

VSG Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The Tesoro Gram Spectrum RGB keyboard is a new take on an old design. It has the now expected full RGB backlighting, software driver support and programmable/macro features for keyboards but does so while using low profile keycaps and a new Cherry MX switch clone- the Agile switches- with shorter actuation and bottoming out distances intended for faster response times.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Tesoro/Gram_Spectrum/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    AsRock and Deelron say thanks.
  2. pat-roner

Thanks Received:
    I wish more manufactures made keyboards like this. As someone who can't stand regular height mech keyboards, I'm stuck with shitty chicklet keyboards.
    Give me this in ten keyless (and slightly higher quality) and i'm sold.

Dethroy says thanks.
  3. deu

Thanks Received:
    Great review! Always nice to see something else than corsair and razer! In regards to the "cracks" I am 99,9% sure that those are not "cracks" but a biproduct from the mold/carving of the keys. You can argue that this should not be on a product like this that is a visual product being watched by its user (not like the inside of a tv etc.) But just so people know these lines does not effect the durability and can be found on ALOT of molded plastic-cutted products.

4. VSG

Thanks Received:
    FYI, I am editing parts of the review to reflect updates done since the time Dave submitted this review. I also received a Gram Spectrum RGB for my own website, and some things here are Dave's thoughts and some are mine while some such as the software have been updated since he first wrote and submitted it. Give me another 30 min or so to update it accordingly :)

You are right. I suspect Dave was not familiar with these, or doubleshot legends so I have modified the review accordingly now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  5. Dethroy

Dethroy

Thanks Received:
    Low-profile, preferably dye sublimated thick PBT, else double-shot ABS, TKL, unibody aluminum case, simple looks and layout, no RGB bullshit - one can only hope.

pat-roner says thanks.
  6. pat-roner

Thanks Received:
    Also remember Iso nordic layout. A true unicorn in the wild.

7. VSG

Thanks Received:
    That will be very hard to find from mainstream manufacturers. A unicorn indeed!

8. bug

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't object to lighting, it's nice to have in the dark. But it has to be saveable onto the keyboard itself, so that I can program it once and use it forever, without loading specific software for it. I like how my laptop does it: lighting off till you press something. It's just red, non-configurable lighting, but still handy in the dark.