• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Crappy Overclockers Club

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Tt Water2.0 PRO (They use the same bracket as 3.0)
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15-35 B-Die (@3333 ATM)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Display(s) Samsung 46" UN46D6050 1080P HDTV
Case Home-made tech bench.
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX (I use HDMI though *cry*)
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Mouse Razer Copperhead (circa 2005)
Keyboard Tt Challenger Pro (AVOID! Keys wear super fast)
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I can overclock a CPU fine (Intel-wise) but its just really a matter of finding a sweet spot for the voltage so it's pretty much straight forward at the moment.

ALTHOUGH the RAM! I can't for the life of me get it to run to 2000mhz or with lower latency settings, It will be super unstable even under the correct voltages SIGH. Teaches me to buy good branded RAM when I don't even know how to use it for OC -_-.

I regret buying intel and I regret NOT buying GSkill tridents 1600mhz. Bulldozer hurry the damn hell up! :laugh:

Your "System Specs" reflect your current settings, or just what hardware you have and it's "rated" specs? Because 7-7-7 @ 2000MHz is pretty low IMO :\

So I've basically come to terms with the fact my CPU won't OC at all and have taken up just timing the RAM and finding the best stable, highest performing, settings. I decided to experiment and see how much performance is gained (or that I'm losing since I've got the CPU-NB and HT running default 2GHz) from increasing the CPU-NB speed, even a little. I know the highest stable speed this 555 will do is 2400MHz, and 2600MHz is only for a short while, so with that I set out to find what the difference is... I'm tending to agree with what FlanK3r said when I posted this in his thread on his Thuban OC, that it is probably a bug, but...

:wtf::twitch::confused:

I hit 6000 as well, but when I tried to re-open MaxxMEM the system crashed heh Another reason I'm leery about it actually being that is I can't even POST at 2800 :ohwell: I dunno though, this board was sent as a review sample and has some rather strange quirks which has made me debate trying to RMA it... Main 'issue' is the memory and how it gets reported to EVERYTHING as DDR3-1333 when I've got certain timings adjusted... Like I was able to do 7-6-6-25 @ 1600, which showed 1600. Then I went to 6-6-6 which still reported 1600 and performance increased a little to indicate it was actually set. Yet if I go back to 7-6-6, everything shows the memory running @ 1333 :confused:

With any luck I might have a Phenom II X4 840T coming my way, which from the few others who have gotten their hands on one should have a 100% chance to unlock to an X6 :D So cross your fingers with me to help my chances to get it!!

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Display(s) Samsung S27D390H + Asus VE276Q | Headless
Case Fractal Design R5 | CM Elite 110
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 w/Otone Stilo 5.1 and Creative Fatal1ty headset
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850 G2| Corsair CX430M
Mouse Razer Imperator 2012
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Windows 7 SP1 X64 | Ubuntu 16.04LTS
Your "System Specs" reflect your current settings, or just what hardware you have and it's "rated" specs? Because 7-7-7 @ 2000MHz is pretty low IMO :\

So I've basically come to terms with the fact my CPU won't OC at all and have taken up just timing the RAM and finding the best stable, highest performing, settings. I decided to experiment and see how much performance is gained (or that I'm losing since I've got the CPU-NB and HT running default 2GHz) from increasing the CPU-NB speed, even a little. I know the highest stable speed this 555 will do is 2400MHz, and 2600MHz is only for a short while, so with that I set out to find what the difference is... I'm tending to agree with what FlanK3r said when I posted this in his thread on his Thuban OC, that it is probably a bug, but...

:wtf::twitch::confused:
http://maxpain.lackeydom.net/Uhhhh... really o_0-Annotated.jpg

I hit 6000 as well, but when I tried to re-open MaxxMEM the system crashed heh Another reason I'm leery about it actually being that is I can't even POST at 2800 :ohwell: I dunno though, this board was sent as a review sample and has some rather strange quirks which has made me debate trying to RMA it... Main 'issue' is the memory and how it gets reported to EVERYTHING as DDR3-1333 when I've got certain timings adjusted... Like I was able to do 7-6-6-25 @ 1600, which showed 1600. Then I went to 6-6-6 which still reported 1600 and performance increased a little to indicate it was actually set. Yet if I go back to 7-6-6, everything shows the memory running @ 1333 :confused:

With any luck I might have a Phenom II X4 840T coming my way, which from the few others who have gotten their hands on one should have a 100% chance to unlock to an X6 :D So cross your fingers with me to help my chances to get it!!

crossed for you buddy :toast: