• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[The Duality] [Dual System, Godavari & Skylake in a Phanteks P400]

Diginate.com ❚❚ CableMod.com ❚❚ bequiet.com ❚❚ Phanteks.com ❚❚ Gigabyte.com ❚❚ FrozenQPCMods.com

I'm going to be building a dual system inside the new Phantek P400. One of the system for my desk, which is the rig I will be on for gaming, the second will be for my TV which is also in the living room.

With this in mind, you can rest assured I'll be aiming for silence.

I hope this build will inspire more people to make dual system builds as they have a good use, but I rarely see any. Dual systems enable a user to have two computers within arms reach while possibly reducing physically the size needed of two seperate systems.

I started this build a few months ago and I thought you guys might like to follow :)

ATX System for Gaming
  • Intel i5 6600K
  • Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200/16, 2*4GB
  • MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  • ADATA SP900 m.2 256GB
  • WD Green 2TB 3.5"

ITX System for my HTPC
  • AMD 7870K
  • Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 1866/10 @ 2133/10, 2*8GB or Crucial Ballistix LP 1600/8 2*4GB @ 2133/8
  • Samsung 840 EVO 256GB
  • WD Green 2TB 3.5"

Rest of the hardware (cooling, power, etc.)
  • 2 * Phanteks PH-TC12LS With EK Vardar F4-120
  • 4 * Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 80mm for the rear intake
  • 2 * EK Furious Vardar FF4-140 for the front exhaust
  • 2 * Phanteks PWM Fan Hub
  • Phantek P400 Anthracite Grey
  • Antec EDG750 80+ Gold, 750 watt modular PSU
  • Phanteks Power Splitter

Painted Case - 2016-04-16

ITX System tease - 2016-04-17

Lighting Preview - 2016-04-30

Cable management!- 2016-05-05

Dual Systems! - 2016-05-07

Last edited:
I want to say a really big thank you to CableMod! You have to try out their Configurator!

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
I'm lost, did you do a Mod if so where is it? I see painted fans and 2 computers in a tower. Or is the Mod coming in......................

I'm lost, did you do a Mod if so where is it? I see painted fans and 2 computers in a tower. Or is the Mod coming in......................

Well considering I just ordered stuff from MNPCTech and there's none of it on the build currently, I thought it would be pretty obvious.

I'm like 10% done my mod so keep an eye out :)

Last edited:
So this is what a Case Labs XL-ATX motherboard tray looks ready to be mounted to another case and transformed into ITX :) One more of these to come possibly!

The top has a tab with a spot for two rivets initially, but I had to chop that down. Along with this, I brought the whole bottom of the tray and expansion slots up to the last expansion slots height. This, technically puts me at 214mm. Once I'm done the second one, this case will be dual ITX with both a removable tray. I'm keeping the trays up to the size of the CPU cutout on these trays for cable management. I'm also still debating of the orientation of both of these. I have the choice between both regular, both reverse or one of both and have windowed side panels on both sides.

The trays them selves are done, just a tiny bit of sanding left and the paint will come later on. The turquoise paint was only put on for drawing purposes :)

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Software W10HB
Well considering I just ordered stuff from MNPCTech and there's none of it on the build currently, I thought it would be pretty obvious.

I'm like 10% done my mod so keep an eye out :)

Obvious you mean cause you posted photo's of a complete dual computer? Maybe a little less PISSY if you wanna get free stuff and people take you seriously.

Obvious you mean cause you posted photo's of a complete dual computer? Maybe a little less PISSY if you wanna get free stuff and people take you seriously.

I'm sorry if you took my comment as "PISSY" it was not my intention. Regardless, I'm only starting my mod, I did not register on TPU just to show a tiny case mod. This build is just starting and I hope you can enjoy what I'll be doing.

Alright guys, I need help deciding what layout I'll be using. I have my mind set on one, but I want to know what you guys think!

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Software W10HB
Didn't mean to high jack, I get pissy too. You got some hairy feet :roll: now that i know yer not a kid. Your lay out looks fine, I'd like to see a gap between upper n the lower corners to allow for cable management(assume already done). More pictures less talking...........

Didn't mean to high jack, I get pissy too. You got some hairy feet :roll: now that i know yer not a kid. Your lay out looks fine, I'd like to see a gap between upper n the lower corners to allow for cable management(assume already done). More pictures less talking...........

Glad we're on the right foot again. (pun intended).

Could you take my epic paint drawing in this post, edit it and show me where you mean? If you save it, 1 pixel = 1mm. It's scaled properly.

Figured you guys would be interested in a bigger update! 5 hours of work = a new rear I/O panel. Only a small detail left, bonus points to who ever finds it! Also a bonus of my helper, she sunbathes more than anything though.

So I started working on the front of the case, behind the P400's front panel. The front of this case will be turned into exhaust. A spot for both 140mm and 120mm fans for the top and bottom of the case. This is part one of the bracket I will be creating for the PSU and power splitter. The PSU mount I'm using is from a Bitfenix Prodigy M. The aluminium sheet came from one of the Case Labs trays I butchered. No sense in wasting that high quality aluminium! :)

Only fools don't change their minds! Changed the power splitter orientation along with salvaging more Case Labs trays!

I love this ruler, every modder seriously needs one!

And done! :) Only the mounting holes for the whole thing to the front panel and a better spacer for between the PSU and Power Splitter mounting plate!

So I'm back from a week of vacation visiting my family :)

While home, I was talking to my father about my current mod and he said he found a few years ago, 4 lengths of aluminium square tubing that if I could use them, I could have them. Ends up, I brought around 448"++ of square tubing (Yes, that's almost 40 feet) of thick square tubing. I had to cut them in around 32"+ lenghts to be able to bring them in the car. These should help me quite a bit in my build!

I might be able to make more progress this week, I've spent quite a bit drawing out the front panels cuts this afternoon, so that's what you should be seeing next :)

Last edited:

So, this is a huge tease of what's to come, I still have TONS to do, but the layout is visible. So will be everything. This will be the cable management of a life time but I've got a very good idea on how to manage it :)

So, I with the square tubing aluminium, I made myself 12 of these, anyone care to guess what they're for? :)

New sponsor! Welcome to bequiet! who will be supplying me with 4 of their 80mm Pure Wings 2 fans! These fans are gorgeous!

Product Page

Another new sponsor! This time it's Gigabyte with Two ITX motherboards! One for each system!

The motherboards

The Kaveri FM2+, ITX, GA-F2A88XN-WIFI along with the Skylake 1151, ITX, GA-Z170N-Gaming 5