• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Family of man just got Bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
meanwhile all those goody good feelings are overburdening our planet with a population it can barely sustain which will only become worse with the passage of time leading to massive wars for resources china for instance is already buying up large tracts of land for growth of food or for mining of coal and other ores it requires because it can't support it's own population the U.S. and it's "war on terror" where they offer aid for cheap oil from Iraq certainly makes you stop and wonder was it really about terror or was it really about the oil.
Who's next Russia well they've already started to expand again wont be long before all those who used to be behind the iron curtain will once again be back there, and India their population rivals that of China who are they going to take over ?

Totally offtopic, if the subject is too big for you, don't partake. You will derail this thread and it will go nowhere. Read, maybe you will learn a thing or two. Most of the insights being shared here are much bigger than our current day politics.

Make your story bigger and suddenly it can have its place in our evolutionary process. Let's try that?

So, yes, our resources will be exhausted at some point - this pushes us to find new ways to survive and thrive, and there is a whole galaxy out there. It may sound sci-fi, but its either that or we turn things around radically on our own planet - now, given your own sense of realism about the current state of affairs, what is more likely? If we are successful at evolving further, we will probably have to adapt to new hardships for example those in zero G. We already have astronauts trying hard at that. Perhaps they represent the next step in our development/evolution of traits and strengths.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
meanwhile all those goody good feelings are overburdening our planet with a population it can barely sustain which will only become worse with the passage of time leading to massive wars for resources china for instance is already buying up large tracts of land for growth of food or for mining of coal and other ores it requires because it can't support it's own population the U.S. and it's "war on terror" where they offer aid for cheap oil from Iraq certainly makes you stop and wonder was it really about terror or was it really about the oil.

And if one of the goody good feelings came up with Fusion energy largely solving our problems, would your brain go inside out?

People like you would ensure Stephen Hawking would've been a goner the moment he was diagnosed... I have no words, honestly. Please, elsewhere with this irrelevant and utterly strange off-the-wall viewpoint.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Looking at the standard creationist myth versus the FSM, I find the FSM argument equally compelling from a factual standpoint. But as a sidenote, as to which would i want to be true .... who wouldn't rather have a heaven with Beer Volcano and Stripper Factory ?
Your wife!

Why does that matter given it's still the best example?

A more recent example I can think of involves polar bears and grizzlies breeding to form a new species (another way evolution can and has happened historically). Let's see what google turns up:

It's less ideal than the speciation example, but that takes a long time usually.

That's like saying that a child of a Chinese human with an African human is a new species of human.
Same with those Finches - a mutant with bigger beak resulted from incest of one pair - sister and brother. Well, we have mutants being hemophiliacs in royal families, and other genetic variations (big noses on some people), we don't call those "a new species".

Whatever, you are true believers that random events can lead to more order. That a random chemical can create a more organized system, called life.
That humans really descend from the apes like Neanderthals in a blink of the eye (historically) and without intermediate forms.

So I can't do much here on this thread, agree to disagree... thanks for watching.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
To a point it's like asking this series of questions.
Question.jpg

No one really knows what but I'm with the above post, no way random, chaotic events created order because that just doesn't happen.
You simply don't get order from chaos, not the nature of it.

I also agree to disagree so...... Carry on guys and thanks.

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
But as a sidenote, as to which would i want to be true .... who wouldn't rather have a heaven with Beer Volcano and Stripper Factory ?
Your wife!
How do you know John's partner wouldn't also enjoy a heaven with beer and strippers? lol
apologies for off-topic.. :oops:

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
To a point it's like asking this series of questions.
View attachment 121525

No one really knows what but I'm with the above post, no way random, chaotic events created order because that just doesn't happen.
You simply don't get order from chaos, not the nature of it.

I also agree to disagree so...... Carry on guys and thanks.

Yeah... all those questions are actually pretty easy to answer... I hate to come off arrogant but this is precisely the infinite stupidity of all these self proclaimed "critical thinkers". Blissful ignorance because they are not open to the answers that are right in front of them.

Just because you dont understand something doesnt mean its wrong nor does it mean there is space for an alternative 'fact'. Agree to disagree? No: get educated is what is appropriate here...

1. None of them, you arent an owner
2. Simple phonetics...
3. Well documented...
4. Spelling and grammar rules
5. Sundial

Last edited:
System Name serenity now/Faithul Eight
Processor Amd 2400g/Amd 3800x
Motherboard Asrock ab350m Pro 4/Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling CM Masterair G100M/Wraith
Memory G.skill 2x4gb 3200/2x16 gb 3600 G.skill
Video Card(s) igpu vega 11/3070 oc Palit
Storage Apacer pcie ssd 240 gb/Adata 512gb nvme
Display(s) 50" LG 4k hdr
Case scratch build
Power Supply inter tech 650w 80+bronze/850 phantex pro
Software Ubuntu bionic beaver 18.04 lts/W10
If anything proves evolution that would be strippers and booz.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Yeah... all those questions are actually pretty easy to answer... I hate to come off arrogant but this is precisely the infinite stupidity of all these self proclaimed "critical thinkers". Blissful ignorance because they are not open to the answers that are right in front of them.

Just because you dont understand something doesnt mean its wrong nor does it mean there is space for an alternative 'fact'. Agree to disagree? No: get educated is what is appropriate here...

1. None of them, you arent an owner
2. Simple phonetics...
3. Well documented...
4. Spelling and grammar rules
5. Sundial

I agree with most of the above but that wasn't really what I was getting at, I was using that as an example of how some questions are asked that really doesn't need to be or in the case of a couple in the attachment at least no need to worry about it because it just doesn't matter.

Some really do have obvious answers but not all - As to #3, sorry but I don't believe in evolution, plain and simple and no, it's still Darwin's theory not Darwin's fact.
All the rest do have obvious answers to them IF you think about it in the right way.

And yes, I can and do agree to disagree because that's up to me in my case as it is for you and anyone else as it should be.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
That's like saying that a child of a Chinese human with an African human is a new species of human.
Same with those Finches - a mutant with bigger beak resulted from incest of one pair - sister and brother. Well, we have mutants being hemophiliacs in royal families, and other genetic variations (big noses on some people), we don't call those "a new species".

Whatever, you are true believers that random events can lead to more order. That a random chemical can create a more organized system, called life.
That humans really descend from the apes like Neanderthals in a blink of the eye (historically) and without intermediate forms.

So I can't do much here on this thread, agree to disagree... thanks for watching.

Polar bears and Grizzly bears are different SPECIES. An Asian Human is the same SPECIES as an African Human. All Human Beings alive today are the same SPECIES, and two mating together do not create a new species. The finches on the Galapagos Isle that arrived 4 decades ago, by mating with a different SPECIES of finch, have created a totally different SPECIES, in 2 generations.

Your statements lack facts.

"Species" are historically classified to fit evolutionist reasons. If we apply the same logic (and it was applied at a time), humans would be split in different species too. But we invented the "race" for that. It's not politically correct to call mixed race people "hybrids".

Genetically if two specimens can have offspring, they are the same species. It's different races of bears if you want.
This kind of articles are just doing "damage control":
https://news.ucsc.edu/2013/03/polar-bear-genomics.html

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED

Strictly speaking from an observable trait and geographic isolation perspective, it could almost qualify if we did not personally know our genomes to be so similar. That, and social reasons, mainly (no one wants to be another species except of course, me).

The species line is somewhat arbitrary and more used to identify regular breeding groups than anything. Interracial breeding isn't unusual anymore so the "one species" thing as it stands now is actually mostly correct.

Still, the "species" ambiguity, that really is a valid point, but in no way disproves evolution or the numerous examples of it given.

"Species" are historically classified to fit evolutionist reasons.

Nope. Taxonomy, at least in the sense of identifying animals, far predates Darwin and evolution. There's no grand conspiracy there.

Last edited:
System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
For those who haven't given science a chance, do it now, before it's too late. Materials science and nano-technology is coming and they will bring Mount Olympus down to ground level. We all can always enjoy a good book and its stories when that happens.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
For those who haven't given science a chance, do it now, before it's too late. Materials science and nano-technology is coming and they will bring Mount Olympus down to ground level. We all can always enjoy a good book and its stories when that happens.

It's ok, the Frog God forgives all whether they believe in him or not*

*After consumption

What I find interesting is that topic like this invariably bring out the "Us Vs Them" God talk.

He's a thought. What if evolution is actually God's way of doing things? Religious texts clearly tell us that "His ways are not our ways", so what if all of the inconsistencies science and religion through at each other are actually perfectly consistant because we simply haven't connected the dots?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
What I find interesting is that topic like this invariably bring out the "Us Vs Them" God talk.

He's a thought. What if evolution is actually God's way of doing things? Religious texts clearly tell us that "His ways are not our ways", so what if all of the inconsistencies science and religion through at each other are actually perfectly consistant because we simply haven't connected the dots?

I would suspect that to be the case were god real, frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.