• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Family of man just got Bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
I have no intreast in debating god or any other Deity creation myth and have requested thread be clensed/closed
Thank you for sharing your myths ect.

Science is what this sub forum is for take the myths ect to the lounge area.
Thread cleansed :)

Everyone:
As per OP's wishes please stay on topic, this thread is not for religious discussion. Thank you.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Typed up over 20k words to try to explain evolution from the perspective of stochastic genome modeling. In the end realized it is not worth it.

Ahhh f$$k i want my 2hrs back....

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
As a scientist who currently bucks the trend of the mainstream, I take exception to that statement...
Then my statement was not aimed at you ;)
Every new discovery is like a small piece of a jigsaw puzzle, but i'm convinced there is more than one puzzle laid out that it can fit, but most people only see the one in front of them.

Typed up over 20k words to try to explain evolution from the perspective of stochastic genome modeling.
Obviously, this is not the place.
Today in both "camps" 99% of the people are just believers. Even the self-declared "evolutionists" are believers because they believe in something that their intellect cannot understand. They barely finish HS, never had a probability math class at college level... so on and so forth.

To me, as agnostic, nobody could explain the apparition of humans genetically in a convincing way. How one pair of chromosomes got fused in one individual and got transmitted by natural sexual reproduction in the rest of population that had normal, not-fused chromosomes. How come mitochondrial evidence points to a very short "evolution" of humans on timescale, more like an "explosion".

I have read some papers that claim to explain that, but I didn't get convinced. 20-30 years since I have started questioning myself this... then one day I randomly saw the videos of late Llyod Pye linked above. He was the only one that really tried to address the same questions. Coincidence that we tough the same? Not to me.

Until scientists are genuinely try to solve this great mystery, without using dogma and stigma, they are no better than the rest of religious believers.

Last edited:
The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
I can't even comment on some of the garbage I've read in this forum because it so insane I will end up in a rant. Just one question, if you don't believe in evolution why would come to a thread that is so obviously about evolution?

Why not? The purpose of a forum is to have discussions, not to be a "safe space" echo chamber. Per your logic, if you don't believe in creation, why do you comment about creation?

Is it though about "evolution"? Who says that those fossils are from what we evolved from? Actually, even per evolution dogma, most of the humanoid fossils are not in our evolution path.

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
As an archaeology student, I can tell you there is no missing link. That term is used by idiots and the astoundingly ignorant.

The tree of life concept is enough of an illustration to guide. Branches of evolution flourish, then fail. Few make it through.

The great thing about a true science is that we don't know the truth until it's infallible. Mainstream science guides us through logical thought but it is ALWAYS open to critique and change. Unlike other ideological dead ends.

Circa 150-200kya the humans appeared suddenly in Africa and then slowly moved out, in phases (60-80 kya).
Before that we have ape-like hominids. There is nothing "in between".

We are not descendants of the Neanderthal or Homo Erectus. We might inbreed with them (2-3%) later, before we drove them off...
Archeology got more interesting today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeogenetics

Last edited:

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
The little old lady that lives near you and the old man oppose your mum are actively practicing Evolution
in their case its called Gardening where they breed crops/plants for colour /size of fruit
95% of what modern people eat is directly resulted from evolution

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
more like an "explosion".

Yes, and that had happened before, historically, in the fossil record. It's not unheard of. The Cambrian Explosion is the best known example. I would reccomend reading this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion#Possible_Causes

It's an excellent (but incomplete) list of possible ways an organisms development may be supercharged.

As for chromosomes fusing, and all that, it's sort of weird to think about, but interspecies breeding is showing increasing evidence as having both happened and had an impact on a lot of the evolutionary tree (yes, even late humans). The weirdness you get from that in even humanity's brief experiments with interbreeding animals may explain all sorts of abnormalities. It certainly does weird things to the chromosomes when you get viable offspring.

Relevant article:

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2006/05/did-ancestral-humans-chimps-interbreed/

And yes, I am fully aware the monkeysex angle makes this even less appetizing to religious types. That shouldn't matter to science if the theory holds any credibilility.

Last edited:
The little old lady that lives near you and the old man oppose your mum are actively practicing Evolution
in their case its called Gardening where they breed crops/plants for colour /size of fruit
That's Selection, not evolution. If you have a genome fund, and you selectively eliminate some of the genes from it, you are not evolving that population into a different species. A tomato didn't evolve from a cactus.
Only recently we found out how to genetically engineer them. And that makes my point of creative evolution versus random one.

Like I said before, people don't know what they don't know. But they always BELIEVE strongly in what they don't understand.

Last edited:
Being human sucks ass. That's all I know. Not a single good thing about it, other than the fact that it eventually ends.

The Cambrian Explosion is the best known example.
And that doesn't raise questions? How those "empty" ecological niches got filled so sudden by random mutations that usually take millions of years to develop?

Random mutations need much, much longer times. Here certainly looks like creative engineered processes. God, Aliens... any civilization that could do that, at that point in time, are certainly indistinguishable from God to us.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
And that doesn't raise questions?

It does. But rather than throw everything out because one piece doesn't fit, Occam's Razor would have us ask "What Changed?" rather than throwing out what seems a perfectly good theory.

Only if none of the explanations make sense can the theory truly be discarded. That is not the case. If you really think those explanations are impossible, please do detail what you see wrong with them beyond "lol too fast therefore aliens."

The question is...why are stupid people allowed to live and/or procreate? When will we evolve to that level? Ever?

Hint: Then "when" and "ever" are semi-rhetorical. The time will come. I'm just pissed off it's not sooner than later. Anywho...enjoy your stay while it lasts idiots!

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
System Name Dual Socket HP z820 Workstation
Processor Twin Intel Xeon E5 2673 v2 OEM processors (thats a total of 16C/32T)
Motherboard HP Dual Socket Motherboard
Cooling Stock HP liquid cooling
Memory 64GB Registered ECC memory kit (octal channel memory on this rig)
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB
Storage 2 x 512GB SSD in raid 0
Display(s) Acer 23" 75Hz Gaming monitors 1080P x2
Case Brushed Aluminium
Audio Device(s) Integrated (5.1)
Power Supply HP 1125W Stock PSU
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro
Evolution is the process of successful selection
Evolution is the process of successful mutation. Which is impossible and paradoxical when you consider the odds. Fill the entire state of texas with quarters, a total of 10 feet high and pick the golden quarter not just once, but over and over again for every single animal. 99% of mutations are bad.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
And that doesn't raise questions? How those "empty" ecological niches got filled so sudden by random mutations that usually take millions of years to develop?

Random mutations need much, much longer times
No it does not
evolution has been Scientificly Documented with Various Species within the lifetime ( and to be more precise Acedemic lifetime ) of Scientist and reserchers

evolution has been Scientificly Documented with Various Species within the lifetime ( and to be more precise Acedemic lifetime ) of Scientist and reserchers
Like said... if you believe that, then more power to you. But you are not different than any other believer. BTW the others have "documented" their beliefs too. Dogma is something that you are not allowed to question.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Evolution is the process of successful mutation.

Mutation just brings new genes in. Selection decides which ones win out.

Which is impossible and paradoxical when you consider the odds.

No, not really. Not even close to really. A lot of selection has gone on over the last millions of years alone.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Like said... if you believe that, then more power to you.

I do believe in the ability of people who've spent a lifetime on this to know more than me, yes.

I also do my own research to fact check and understand the theories, as I understand (from history ironically) recorded "fact" can be very very wrong (Columbus, anyone?)

You claim to do the same but I have honestly yet to see it. You see the difference? You have choosen the path you liked. I chose the path that has the most things add up.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The question is...why are stupid people allowed to live and/or procreate? When will we evolve to that level? Ever?

Hint: Then "when" and "ever" are semi-rhetorical. The time will come. I'm just pissed off it's not sooner than later. Anywho...enjoy your stay while it lasts idiots!

Our current society and systems are actually very good at exponentially increasing the % of idiots and failing at natural selection ie. evolution, under the guise of humane and equal policies.. And ironically, even a great war is not a very good tool for natural selection, yet its the only way to radically reduce that number at some point in the future. And it gets worse, we're now even thinking of sending our best and brightest off-planet, to a Mars colony or something likewise.

Painful, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.