• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The far cry 2 thread!

System Name KILLER
Processor Intel Core i7 4790K
Motherboard MSI Z87 G45 Gaming
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x8GB Gskill 2400mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980
Storage SSD Samsung 500GB
Display(s) 24" Asus 144hz
Case Cooler Master HAF
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Antec 1200 Watt Modular
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage 51342
Been playing this game a few hours and getting kind of boring...Driving back and forth to kill a handful of guys...not much for the action cravers here...overall i give it a 7....dont waste your money in you like a lot of action like i do!!

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
For me FarCry was always about the multiplayer. The single player game was ok, but the real action is in MP.

W

wolf2009

Been playing this game a few hours and getting kind of boring...Driving back and forth to kill a handful of guys...not much for the action cravers here...overall i give it a 7....dont waste your money in you like a lot of action like i do!!

i would agree on that, played it for like 5 hours, didn't find anything WOWing .

doesn't have the ability to peek left or right, wtf , every fps has that these days .

System Name MurderBox #17
Processor Intel Core i7 5930k - 4.5Ghz 1.275v - Bitspower Summit EF
Motherboard Asus X99-E WS - Bitspower THOR AIX99 Full Full Board Block
Cooling SR-1 480, 8x Corsair ML120 , MCP350, I&H Res 250, PETG hard pipe, Mayhems Pastel White
Memory 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition - EK Fullcover waterblock with Backplate
Storage 970 Pro 512GB, 960 EVO 500GB, PM961 512GB, 3x SM951 256GB,, WD Black 2TB, Seagate 4TB
Display(s) ASUS PG348Q 3440x1440, 2X ASUS PB278 2560x1440
Case MurderMod TJ07 With Illuminated mid-plate
Audio Device(s) Schiit Bifrost > Schiit Asgard > Hifiman HE400i - Audio Technica AT2020
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i With custom MDPC Sleeve and Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit
Yeah the game feels like it had some common PC FPS controls removed in order to simplify it for the consoles. No leaning or prone is crap considering the original had those.

System Name Rampage 3.0
Processor i7 3770K 4.2Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Cooling Corsair 110 (280mm rad)
Memory 16GB G.Skill Sniper F3-1866 10-11-10 CR1
Video Card(s) 2 X gigabyte 7970 ghz edition @1100mhz / 6000mhz
Storage samsung 500 GB + 128GM crucial M4 ssd
Display(s) LG IPS235P 23in IPS 1080p
Case corsair vengance c70 - white
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair HX-750w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

i thought the exact same, i have played for about 6>7 hrs now and i am only 8% into the game, i was running around finding dimonds and doing what i thought were the missions untill i realised they were just side quests.. ah well i have 75+ dimonds now anyway

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Are you serious??? FC2 runs way better than Warhead. Crytek can't code for crap and Warhead runs worse that Crysis!!!! As you can see by my system under "system specs" it is no slouch, however I find it ridiculous that using only "Gamer" settings that the train level averages frame rates in the single digits yet in FC2 in have everything cranked and get a average of 50fps. I also had to create a custom config file just to keep it from crashing everytime it went to autosave. :shadedshu

Hell, Crysis runs better than Warhead. And I'm not the only person having these issues with Warhead, A quick trip to the forums will tell you that.

Yes I'm absolutley serious.

People seem to get the impression that because their hardware, which doesn't do 'so well' in Crysis/Warhead, but does 'well' in FC2, means that FC2 is better optimized, and that's entirely wrong.

In FC2, the average framerate may be higher, but the response from the game is noticeably more clunky and less smooth. Crysis/Warhead did an amazing job at keeping the game smooth even at unacceptably low frames.

FC2 at 45 feels like Warhead at 30, maybe worse depending on the situation.
Also, when you tweak a Crysis game, unless you go from one extreme to the other with the variables/settings, there's not a noticeable change in performance/response. With FC2, if you adjust something like the LODcluster level from 0.8 (default) to 0.7 (higher IQ, lower performance), your frame rate gets hit for about 1-2 fps, but the game is noticeably less responsive, even though you're still hitting 40-45 fps. Likewise, some of the settings, which should be giving you less performance, because the IQ is increased, actually end up giving you better performance, but in odd steps. For instance, adjusting the LOD general ratio from default of 1, to 0.9-0.6 gives you increased IQ and lesser frames per each time you go down numerically, but when you hit 0.5 your performance increases, yet continuing on down to 0.4 it becomes a near slideshow, even though your frame rate is still upper 20s.

That to me isn't a good example of something being optimised.

Well, I find Far Cry 2 to have a cheap console port feel to it. Its prob mostly the FOV/widescreen issue,but its not nice.

As far as the 'open world environment' it feels more like an 'open corridor environment' -nothing as accomplished as STALKER say. Just feels like corridors surrounded by hills you cant climb linking together rather repetitive 'checkpoint' battles.

And the graphics can't even compare to modern PC games like STALKER and Crysis/Warhead, for either detail/textures(STALKER) or destructibility/detail(Crysis) for example.

Overall, at the moment it's pretty bland for me. Am enjoying the music, lighting, and always being in the POV nice(while healing,driving etc.) tho.

Aye, it does have some nice features, like the POV, and some of the AI when it's actually working. It has it's moments where it feels properly interactive, but those get redundant after a while, and you're left with just another shooter, that's trying to save it's skin, by offering you missions and objectives. They talked a lot about free roaming world, but they didn't really cover anything on free choice - cause and effect. And I'm not surprised why. There isn't any consequences for anything.

I really feel like I'm playing Call of Duty meets Grand Theft Auto meets wannabe Crysis :)

Last edited:
W

wolf2009

I think it would be safe to say that FC2 didn't meet expectations graphically and execution of gameplay. Sure there

I find it kinda pointless to drive all around to get a mission, with goons attacking along the way.

also having to jump between gun and driver seat .

W

wolf2009

Exeodus said:
Are you serious??? FC2 runs way better than Warhead. Crytek can't code for crap and Warhead runs worse that Crysis!!!! As you can see by my system under "system specs" it is no slouch, however I find it ridiculous that using only "Gamer" settings that the train level averages frame rates in the single digits yet in FC2 in have everything cranked and get a average of 50fps. I also had to create a custom config file just to keep it from crashing everytime it went to autosave.

I don't understand how you can compare 2 games on completely different engines, one which looks better than the other and say that Crytek can't code for shit.

Processor q6700 @ 3.2ghz
Motherboard Asus p5w DH Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Andy Samurai, 4x80mm silenx, 2x120mm silenx fans
Memory 2x2gb G.Skill 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) xfx black edition 6870
Storage 250gb seagate sata, 2x250gb seagate perp (raid0)
Display(s) dell 24"
Case Coolermaster atc s4000 sx-1
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy2 Platinum
Power Supply Antec True Power Trio 650w
Software winXP pro x64
GTA meets FPS is a pretty good comparison.
I got it yesterday on the way home from work as well. I like it in general, but agree with the comments about the limited controls being a disappointment. No leaning, no prone, no melee-rifle butting of dudes, even the machete is a tad disappointing. It almost lacks a refined fluidity of movement. Fun overall though!

Not as pretty as Crysis for sure.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
EDIT:

Another 'hotfix' for AMD/ATi has been released, as of Wednesday the 29th, October.
You can view information and find a link here:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=75020

If you are using an Nvidia GT200 card, it is recommended to use the (currently) Beta 180.43 drivers.
If you are using an Nvidia non GT200 card, you may encounter issues with the BETA drivers while running Far Cry 2. Another option is to use the latest WHQL.

AMD/ATi users:

Edge Detect and Adaptive Anti Aliasing: The game will not render the increased IQ enough for you to notice, and the performance hit is something you will notice, in a bad way.
High Quality AF: This is not recognized by the game, leave it off.
Texture Preference: "High Quality" is not recognized by the game, leave it off.
MipPap Detail Level: "High Quality" is not recognized by the game, leave it off.
Flip Queue size. This is usually up to the individual, though no specific variable or 'undefined' seems to make a difference. I would leave it on 3, and also head to your Far Cry 2 user folder (My Documents/My Games/Far Cry 2/)
and edit the GamerProfile.xml. There is a line near the top that reads: MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" (by default). Changing to a value of "3" can reduce any possible conflicts.
Catalyst A.I.: For some ATi cards, setting this to "Low" or "Normal," can result in increased performance up to several frames on average. "Advanced," and "High" seem to attempt to make too much work out of simple situations, thus reducing performance.

Nvidia users:

Gamma correction: I did not see a difference in either IQ or performance.
Transparency AntiAliasing: The game will not render the increased IQ, when this is set to "Super" sample mode. Though the performance loss may be noticeable. Using "Multi" sample may not provide a difference in either IQ or performance, but if it makes you feel better, use it.
Texture Quality: "High Quality" is not recognized by the game, leave it off.
Force MipMaps: "Off" This is not necessary for this application.
Max Pre-rendered frames: This is usually up to the individual, though no specific variable or 'undefined' seems to make a difference. I would leave it on 3, and also head to your Far Cry 2 user folder (My Documents/My Games/Far Cry 2/) and edit the GamerProfile.xml. There is a line near the top that reads: MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" (by default). Changing to a value of "3" can reduce any possible conflicts.
Multi-Thread: I always force this on, but if you have issues, using "Auto" or "Off" for troubleshooting, is recommended.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starter - general recommendation:

DX10 - Slightly better IQ: You will see smoother water reflections, and possibly more shadow coverage on distant landscaping(remember that shadow coverage can be manually controlled through the console).
- Noticeably worse performance for some users, particularly ATi GPU owners : The small IQ gains do not justify the performance degredation.
DX9 Vista - better performance (this may vary from system to system)
DX9 XP - best performance(although only slightly) (this may vary from system to system)

AA - 2X or 4X (High end GPU users might opt for 4X. In some situations it will provide better performance, and/or the performance loss is so minute, that it's worth it)
Vsync - Optional, performance loss is marginal (this may vary from system to system)

Note that for the settings below, while a lot of users report that moving from Ultra High to Very High, makes no noticeable image impact, you should also remember however, that the majority them can actually hurt performance on high end systems, if you do not use the maximum available setting. The exception to this rule would be Shadows and Geometry, which will be mentioned below.[/I]

Real Trees - Very High (Max) A setting of Medium or lower results in static, non moving trees. High to Very High seems to have no IQ difference or performance difference.
Fire - Very High (Max) Using High instead of Very High seems to affect the color grading and particle density of the flames, though it's very hard to see the difference. Performance seems irrelevant.
Physic - Very High (Max) I haven't figured out the extent of this parameter. I imagine in battle situations, a lower setting may improve performance for some people, but this hasn't been the case for myself.

Vegetation - Very High (Max) Performance and IQ between Very High and High seems irrelevant.
Shading - Ultra High (Max) Performance and IQ between Ultra High and Very High seems irrelevant.
Terrain - Ultra High (Max) Performance and IQ between Ultra High and Very High seems irrelevant.
Geometry* - Very High Performance between Ultra High and Very High can result in a difference of a few to several frames. I cannot see a loss in IQ. Moving from Very High to High seems irrelevant. Moving to Medium, is a considerably large performance boost. The downside is that you lose some of the density and 'fullness' of objects and sprites such as trees (though they seem to be the thing most affected). However you can rectify this issue, with the GFX_LODScale console setting listed beneath this section.
Post - High (Max) Performance between High and Medium seems irrelevant, as does IQ.
Texture - Ultra High (Max)Performance and IQ between Ultra High and Very High seems irrelevant.
Shadow*** - Very High Performance between Ultra High and Very High can result in a difference of a few to several frames. I cannot see a loss in IQ
Ambient - High (Max)** Performance between High and Medium seems irrelevant, as does IQ.
HDR/Bloom**** - On/Off Performance with Bloom and/or HDR on, can be sever for some, and irrelevant for others. This is purely down to the user's hardware.

* Geometry in DX10 cannot be set lower than "high."
** Ambient is locked at "high" in DX10.
*** If you use the shadow range console parameters listed in the next section, you will notice that close range shadows lose some of their clarity and resolution quality. However, this only seems to come into play if you are running anything less than Ultra. When using Ultra shadows, you can combine that with the shadow range commands, and keep both your increased distance IQ as well as up close resolution IQ.
**** HDR and Bloom can both be enabled/disabled in DX9. Yet only Bloom is available in DX10. The full effect of either HDR or Bloom is only in full force, when the other is enabled as well, whilst in DX9 mode.

Console commands and parameters:

Showfps 1 [Default 0] As the name suggests, it registers your frames per second in the top left corner (you can not move this around the screen). This is recommended over Fraps and ATi Tray Tools, where the latter can cause texture corruption and anomalies when the On Screen Display is enabled).
Gfx_ClusterLODScale 0.7 [Default 0.8] A lower setting results in less sprites 'popping' into view, and/or they load at farther distances, so it's less noticeable. Slight IQ increase here when in motion, without a performance hit.
Gfx_HemiQuality 1 [Default is based off your in-game video settings.] You should hardly be able to tell between a setting of 2 (Highest quality) and 1 (Medium quality), but you gain a frame or two.
Gfx_KillLODScale 0.9 [Default is 1] This will show you some more detail on objects(primarily) from a distance. 0.9 should have no performance hit, and give you a the same IQ as 0.8-0.5 (anything lower is wasted frames).
Gfx_LeavesShadowRatio 1 [Default is 0.5] This will increase the density of the shadows around trees and the shadows cast by trees on everything. The higher the value the better the IQ. Performance impact is 0.
Gfx_LODScale 0.5 [Default is 1] This will increase the 'plushness' of all sprites, textures and objects whether up close or at a distance. The lower you set it, the better IQ. A setting of lower than 0.5 is not recommended.
Gfx_RealTreesLODScale 0 [Default is 1] This is an odd parameter. The higher you set it numerically, the thinner and less dense trees become. But frames improve, however moving to "0" increases IQ AND frame rate in some conditions, but others, you lose a frame or two.
Gfx_SunShadowRange1* 30 [Default is 8] This controls the bulk quality of shadows and the texturing filter. If you notice, by default the filtering line can easily be seen when moving towards objects or terrain. That ugly filtering line that turns low resolution into high resolution. Setting this to 30 should give you enough of a distance, that you won't have to worry about that again. Performance loss is minimal, a few frames if that.
Gfx_SunShadowRange0* 14 [Default is 4] This is the base shadow setting, that works in conjuction with ShadowRange 1. Think of it as a 'fine tuning' parameter. If you've set your ShadowRange1 to 30, you may notice that there's still a slight filtering layer in motion. Even though it's not as heavy as the previous one, you can tighten up the shadows LOD range and quality even more, by raising this variable's value. However, the higher you go, the worse the quality of close range shadows become. I wouldn't go over 12 or 14. Performance loss is less than ShadowRange1.
Gfx_SunShadowRange2 160 [Default is 80] This second (technically third) sun shadow variable, controls how far into the distance an object's shadows are cast based on the sun's position. I.e. the higher the value, the more landscape shadows you will see(quality based on distance is determine by ShadowRange0 and ShadowRange1 only)A setting of 160 increases IQ, with minimal FPS loss.
Gfx_TerrainLODScale 0 [Default is 1] This will allow textures on distance objects, primarily mountains, to be increased. Performance loss should be less than two frames for high end GPU users.

*I believe both of these parameters also control the filtering line when the sun is not around; i.e. at night time etc.

The use of DX 9, 2xAA(or 4xAA if necessary) and Medium Geometry will net you a considerable performance boost, and then you can turn around and spend some of it on the increased IQ with the settings above. Remember, that the perfromance at Medium Geometry, with increased console IQ settings, will still be better, than High/Vhigh/Uhigh Geometry at default console IQ settings.

Or if you're insisting on using DX10, 4xAA, Ultra Geometry, or some combination of IQ enhancing parameters, and/or you just need better performance, you can reverse some of these previously mentioned parameters:

Gfx_ClusterLODScale 1 or 2 [Default 0.8] This will cause more sprites to show up while in motion(like grass getting more dense) but from default to 1 shouldn't be killer on your eyes if you're ok with the game under stock conditions. If you're desperate, try 2, and see if it's acceptable or not in regards to IQ. FPS gain at a level of 2, should be at least five or more FPS.
Gfx_HemiQuality 0 [Default is based off your in-game video settings.] You will see more of an IQ loss between 0 and 1 than you did with 1 and 2. The performance gain will scale relatively the same as moving from a level of 2 down to 1, so expect about three to four frames at a setting of 0.
Gfx_KillLODScale 1.5 or 2 [Default is 1] You will lose some object draw and slight texture reduction at a distance, but for most this might be fairly acceptable given the fast paced action of the game in which they don't notice such things. You should gain a few frames.
Gfx_LeavesShadowRatio 1 [Default is 0.5] As mentioned above, this will not affect performance, so it's up to you.
Gfx_LODScale 1.5 or 2 [Default is 1] This is probably the most noticeable feature in terms of IQ and performance. Moving above default of 1, can result in noticeably cheaper quality objects and textures, but should provide several frames depending on how far you take it.
Gfx_RealTreesLODScale 0 or 1 [Default is 1] As mentioned above this is an odd parameter, some might truly get better performance at a setting of 0, which gives the best viewing quality. I'd leave it at 1 or 0.
Gfx_SunShadowRange2 60 [Default is 80] If you don't worry about mid-range to distant shadow draw from objects, you can decrease this from 80 down to 60, to pick-up a few frames. Going to 40 or less makes a noticeably negative IQ difference.
Gfx_TerrainLODScale 1 [Default is 1] Leaving this at default of 1 should be enough. The gains from anything over 1 seem too minimal to be worth it, unless you don't mind the game looking fairly awful.

As a word of warning, when you are adjusting the settings in the console, sometimes the game can 'flake' out, and when you enter a new command, it will drop to desktop with a black screen then come back. This is not supposed to happen. Every change should happen in real time. If you get thrown back and forth between the desktop, stop, exit the game and try it again.

If you are content with a batch of settings, you can setup a configuration file and tell the game to load it from the console.

Make a new .txt file in your Far Cry 2 user folder, which is My Games for both Xp and Vista. You can name it whatever, let's say "IQ.txt"
Place the commands inside the file and do not use the "=" sign between the variable itself and the numerical value. I.e. gfx_LODScale 0.5 not gfx_LODScale=0.5
When you run the game, open the console with the tilda key "~" and type Exec IQ.txt

At this point I haven't figured out how to force the game to load with these settings automatically, whether from the configuration file or some other means.

Lastly, sorry I don't have any 'lesser' systems to run the game on, to see how these settings effect it. Most of my testbed and backup machines are in pieces at this time. Feel free to give them a whirl and report back.

Last edited:

ChromeDome

System Name Super Budget Gamer Thing lol
Processor AMD 5600+ Windsor @3.0ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3N78-VM AM2/AM2+ Micro ATX
Cooling Thermaltake TR2-R1 Ultra Silence CPU heatsink+fan / 3 exhaust case fans
Memory 3 Gigs Kingston DDR2@800mhz
Video Card(s) PNY 8800GT 512mb OC'd 710/1740/950 - 178.24
Storage 2X 320 gig Seagate Barracuda's @7200rpm - SATA
Display(s) 22in Dell LCD 1680X1050 / 21.6in AOC LCD / Hauppauge TV Tuner
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts EA500D 500w
Software Vista, bby <3
Benchmark Scores yay it works! =]
Yes I'm absolutley serious.

People seem to get the impression that because their hardware, which doesn't do 'so well' in Crysis/Warhead, but does 'well' in FC2, means that FC2 is better optimized, and that's entirely wrong.

In FC2, the average framerate may be higher, but the response from the game is noticeably more clunky and less smooth. Crysis/Warhead did an amazing job at keeping the game smooth even at unacceptably low frames.

FC2 at 45 feels like Warhead at 30, maybe worse depending on the situation.
Also, when you tweak a Crysis game, unless you go from one extreme to the other with the variables/settings, there's not a noticeable change in performance/response. With FC2, if you adjust something like the LODcluster level from 0.8 (default) to 0.7 (higher IQ, lower performance), your frame rate gets hit for about 1-2 fps, but the game is noticeably less responsive, even though you're still hitting 40-45 fps. Likewise, some of the settings, which should be giving you less performance, because the IQ is increased, actually end up giving you better performance, but in odd steps. For instance, adjusting the LOD general ratio from default of 1, to 0.9-0.6 gives you increased IQ and lesser frames per each time you go down numerically, but when you hit 0.5 your performance increases, yet continuing on down to 0.4 it becomes a near slideshow, even though your frame rate is still upper 20s.

That to me isn't a good example of something being optimised.
or it might just be your ATI card, which some seem to have issues with when concerning FC2. i have nothing but smooth gameplay with my 8800GT. "averaging" 46fps at max settings, its smooth as butter. no stutters, slow downs, or lag. hasn't crashed once. it plays like COD4 on my computer. Warhead and Crysis play well, but not that well. and i don't expect it to because its more demanding. but it doesn't run better at 30fps then FC2 does at 45fps. not by a long shot

now i'm not getting all technical about it. i don't know the reason, really. i'm just saying the game has NO performance issues for me. its been nothing but perfect

Last edited:

Kwod

System Name Crysis 3
Processor i3570+CM 212
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77 V
Cooling Antec 1100+3 fans
Memory 2x8gig 1600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Saphire 7950 Vapour X
Storage Samsung 250g 840
Display(s) 26in LCD 1920x1200 8 bit+37in 1080p HDTV
Case Antec 1100
Audio Device(s) Xonar DG+Z5500D
Power Supply Antec 650 Hi current
Software W7 64
Processor q6700 @ 3.2ghz
Motherboard Asus p5w DH Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Andy Samurai, 4x80mm silenx, 2x120mm silenx fans
Memory 2x2gb G.Skill 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) xfx black edition 6870
Storage 250gb seagate sata, 2x250gb seagate perp (raid0)
Display(s) dell 24"
Case Coolermaster atc s4000 sx-1
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy2 Platinum
Power Supply Antec True Power Trio 650w
Software winXP pro x64
So far every gun dealer mission I've gotten makes me drive to the opposite end of the map...that does get old fast, esp. when the little checkpoints are repopulated minutes after you've killed off the dudes camped there.

But what doesn't get old is blowing up an oncoming vehicle, seeing the bodies tossed all asunder, and watching the wildfire spread across the grass in front of you! lol great stuffs

W

wolf2009

So far every gun dealer mission I've gotten makes me drive to the opposite end of the map...that does get old fast, esp. when the little checkpoints are repopulated minutes after you've killed off the dudes camped there.

But what doesn't get old is blowing up an oncoming vehicle, seeing the bodies tossed all asunder, and watching the wildfire spread across the grass in front of you! lol great stuffs

how does that happen ?

i keep shooting at the vehicle and it doesn't blow up.

also do you have enough time to jump into the vehicle MG and shoot ?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
how does that happen ?

i keep shooting at the vehicle and it doesn't blow up.

also do you have enough time to jump into the vehicle MG and shoot ?

If I'm driving and I see a car approaching, I quickly it the "c" key, man the machine gun and fire away! Generally, the guy manning the gun gets killed first, and the driver gets his head shot up before he gets out of the car.

ChromeDome

System Name Super Budget Gamer Thing lol
Processor AMD 5600+ Windsor @3.0ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3N78-VM AM2/AM2+ Micro ATX
Cooling Thermaltake TR2-R1 Ultra Silence CPU heatsink+fan / 3 exhaust case fans
Memory 3 Gigs Kingston DDR2@800mhz
Video Card(s) PNY 8800GT 512mb OC'd 710/1740/950 - 178.24
Storage 2X 320 gig Seagate Barracuda's @7200rpm - SATA
Display(s) 22in Dell LCD 1680X1050 / 21.6in AOC LCD / Hauppauge TV Tuner
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts EA500D 500w
Software Vista, bby <3
Benchmark Scores yay it works! =]
i usually bail on the vehicle and fight from the ground (on my feet)

i like traveling on foot, too

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Has anyone traveled outside of the map into the desert? There's some cool stuff out there!

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
travelled outside map ?

so is the map showing up in starting missions not all of FC2 ?

When you press 5 you get the map. You press R and get the bigger map. You can travel outside the boudaries of the map into the desert, and the map changes though I've only gone so far... I doubt it's easy to find water or malaria pills way out in the desert! It's deffinitely explorable though, as I did find a diamond and a couple of (now dead) dudes riding around in a truck.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Guide/settings updated!

Processor Intel Xeon E3 1230 v2 @ 3.7Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Cooling Zalman CNPS 5X, Enermax 120mm intake & 92mm exhaust
Memory GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX970 ACX 2.0
Storage 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD
Display(s) 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713H
Case Rosewill FBM-02
Audio Device(s) Shiit Modi DAC for audio, Asus Zonar DG for mic
Power Supply XION AXP-700K14XE 700W, 80+ Bronze
Software Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro
whats wrong with the FOV & widescreen? im running it in 1920X1200 and it looks fine to me

the FOV is the same used for 4:3 (90 I think) and just cropped for widescreen, so you are really seeing less of a picture then someone playing on a 4:3 monitor. I don't want to pick this game up until this is fixed, or someone finds where it needs to be changed in the config

dimmerlight

Maybe some of you got mad high expectations and the game can be pretty good but just not up to par with what you had in mind. This has happened to me plenty of times :toast:

entsyymi

Processor E4600 @ 3,3Ghz
Motherboard Abit IB9
Cooling Noctua NH-U9F
Memory 4Gb G.Skill DDR2-800Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor HD4870
Storage Western Digital 640AAKS
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan S2201WSEK
Case Acase A+ CS-188A
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio (Integrated)
Power Supply LC-Power Titan LC6560T
Software Vista 64-bit
System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
the FOV is the same used for 4:3 (90 I think) and just cropped for widescreen, so you are really seeing less of a picture then someone playing on a 4:3 monitor. I don't want to pick this game up until this is fixed, or someone finds where it needs to be changed in the config

dude... i think if you arent going to buy the game becuase you heard it has some POV problem... then you should either stop playing games or just get the damn thing....

Personally i havent noticed it being cropped atall and i game 1920X1200 on a 24".
BF2142... now that was a different story as it wasnt cropped and it looked fluffy... this FC2 looks great ;)

I think youre being too picky... its great!