• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Mass Effect 3 Thread

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
I'll add one more response then sign off. I appreciate your comments, but I think they're more of opinion than fact.

Husks are Husks, plain and simple. They're Human corpses reanimated by the Geths using Reaper tech, specifically using a kind of impalement. There's not enough said about how Collectors are made to support that their origin is anything like Husks. Harbinger only possesses Collectors. I would think if Husks were so similar he'd once in a while possess them too. Protheans are a much smarter race to start with. Also, you started out saying Husks are not indoctrinated. Now you're lumping Collectors in with them saying they're like a form of Husk. Can't really have it both ways.

As with indoctrination, you seem to be interjecting a lot of your own assumptions when it comes to the reasons for Harbinger's actions. Just because he admires Shepard's tenacity and ingenuity doesn't mean he's there merely because he's fascinated by him. A strange romance possibility and something about giant bedbugs comes to mind. LOL

At the end of ME 2 and even before Shepard escapes the asteroid before destroying the alpha relay Harbinger makes it clear he's there to destroy the Humans (asteroid) and that the Collectors had failed him (ending). That sounds all too much like a war bent general to be there just spectating.

Clearly he's there overseeing what the Collectors are doing. Although I do find huge flaw in him saying to Shepard on the asteroid that Humanity must be destroyed. Kinda throws the whole harvest the smart, let the rest go mission statement right out the hypocritical window.

So yeah, lots of flaws in the game, but there's every bit as many flaws and ideas in what some of the fans want (and try to creatively interpret). Speaking of the asteroid, I had one guy refute what I said about it not making sense that the endings showing all the relays being blown up didn't in turn wipe out the systems they were in, using the supernova created by the asteroid hitting the alpha relay as an example.

He claimed it was explained by Dr Kenson that "a mass relay blowing up by itself won't cause a mini supernova but rather its because the size of the object they slam into the relay causes the mini supernova effect due to sheer force". Well no she didn't. I showed that conversation to him and nowhere in it does she say or even imply that. She only said the asteroid would probably be enough to destroy it.

Furthermore, you'd think something as powerful as the Crucible would create just as much force, causing a supernova and in turn destroying the systems the relays are in. Whether it's an intelligent Prothean ray beam or not, it's still using a shit load of energy to destroy THAT many relays one after the other, yet no supernovas, no destroyed systems.

Last edited by a moderator:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
At the end of ME 2 and even before Shepard escapes the asteroid before destroying the alpha relay Harbinger makes it clear he's there to destroy the Humans (asteroid) and that the Collectors had failed him (ending). That sounds all too much like a war bent general to be there just spectating.
The Collector's primary purpose is to facilitate the return of the Reapers should indoctrinated agents (for sure Saren, Matriarch Benezia, the Illusive Man, and Dr. Amanda Kenson) fail to do so. By being wiped out by Shepherd, they failed in their objective. The Collector's secondary purpose is to study the sentient species for weaknesses and technology the Repears could potentially use (I recall discussion about this with Mordin Solus on Omega in ME3--I believe it was in books leading up to ME2 as well).

Those are the only four named characters I can recall, at this time, that were explicitly said to be indoctrinated (you witnessed them experiencing/fighting it).

That was merely a so called "theory" that the devs verbally refuted. There was never anything in any of the ME games to suggest that indoctrination was anything more than the Reapers mentally and physical controlling various species for use as ground troops while being directly overseen by them.

The whole idea of using indoctrination for elaborate brainwash was quite a leap of the imagination, and one that doesn't even make sense. Why would they go to all that trouble only to have Shepard choosing for himself whether to control, destroy or join with the Reapers? If they wanted to brainwash him, don't you think they'd convince him that all organics needed to be controlled by the Reapers?

YOU DON'T GET IT. Bioware is infallible. It's fundamentally impossible for Bioware to fuck up the endings like the Battlestar Galactica staff did. They planned it all along, period.
Also I'm immue to your facts and logic.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Also I'm immue to your facts and logic.

At least you admit what you're up against. :D

Seriously though, I get the angst toward Bioware's way of doing things, I'm just not convinced a lot of the ones making the most common gripes are even on the same page with what they were trying to do/say, regardless what kind of ending they want. Some of that can be blamed on Bio's vagueness, but certainly not all of it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
I just got this today. Just finished rescuing the female. LOL

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I just finished the Leviathan DLC and the official ending finally makes sense. I won't spoil it but it is definitely worth playing.

Shame on Bioware. If Leviathan was included in the game instead of a DLC, the whole ending-sucks fiasco wouldn't have happened. Well, it probably would have (3-color bursts aren't very exciting) but it wouldn't have created the mass outcry.

One can only hope EA learned their lesson on moving major plot elements to DLCs. Everyone else in the industry should take heed too.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
I just finished the Leviathan DLC and the official ending finally makes sense. I won't spoil it but it is definitely worth playing.

Shame on Bioware. If Leviathan was included in the game instead of a DLC, the whole ending-sucks fiasco wouldn't have happened. Well, it probably would have (3-color bursts aren't very exciting) but it wouldn't have created the mass outcry.

One can only hope EA learned their lesson on moving major plot elements to DLCs. Everyone else in the industry should take heed too.

So I finally have a reason to play ME 3 again..
:rockout:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
The endings now make sense with Leviathan and Extended Cut DLCs.

Do not read these if you intend to play them. MEGA SPOILERS:
The Leviathan are massive organic creatures that created the AI (aka Catalyst) that created the Reapers (Harbinger was the first). Every cycle, Reapers would harvest the dominent speices and create synthetic creatures in their image. Harbinger was made from Leviathan so it looks like a Leviathan. The Reaper killed in Mass Effect 2 was made from humans so it looked like a human.

Leviathan created Reapers because they bore witness to cycles of destruction where organics would create synthetics and synthetics would kill off their creators. Leviathan then intervened wiping out the synthetics so organics would be able to rise again. To break the cycle, they created an AI in order to solve the problem. The AI decided the only way to end the cycle is for the Reapers to harvest (preserve) all synthetic and advanced organic life. Organics could rise again to later be wiped out. Basically, Reapers are limited synthetic forms that are forbidden to kill all organics which, supposedly, synthetic life forms would be driven to do.

Reapers communicate via something like quantum entanglement. Indoctrination works through extended exposure to Reaper tech. Leviathan can do something similar to indoctrination but it apparently it doesn't require extended exposure to succeed where Reapers do. Reapers fear Leviathan because Levithan can destroy Reapers but Reapers do not yet know how to destroy Levitthan without literally killing them (like any other organic).

If Extended Cut and Leviathan is installed, during the end sequence, Shepherd can ask Catalyst about the Leviathan. It admits it was created by them and that the very solution they seek required their destruction.
I didn't see anything different in the final Cerberus mission or any of the Earth mission except in the final charge to the Citadel.

Extended Cut added a scene before reaching the Citdadel where your two squadmates get hit, Normandy comes in (without getting destroyed is anyone's guess), picks them up, then it resumes with you shooting three husks and one of those Turan husks as normal.

NOTE: This effectively starts a new mission. If you want to see other endings, "Restart Mission" after the credits scroll will take you back here.

Next, they added a video which shows Admiral Hackette announcing that someone made it inside the Citadel.

Next, it's the same hallway you do a long, slow walk down but they changed the voice overs between Anderson and Shepherd to be more in sync; therefore, making sense. It is now clear that Anderson is walking the same path as you but ahead of you a ways.

In the exchange with the Illusive Man and Anderson, as well as the start of the meeting with Catalyst, I saw no changes.

With the Catalyst, there is a lot more Q&A explaining what exactly happened. You can question him about each choice as well.

The same ending videos remain where you see alliance forces fighting, a burst of green, blue, or orange/red color bursts over everything but, in addition to that, they added shots of Krogan on Tuchunka and Asari on Thessia cheering. If you choose to control the Reapers, it shows the Citadel closing and moving (previously, it blew up too).

Catalyst explicitly says the Illusive Man was indoctrinated and Shepherd is not.

NOTE: They added an autosave point here. If you want to see all the endings with minimal sitting through cutscenes, go to Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\Save\CHARACTER_FOLDER and move AutoSave.pcsav out of this directory. To get back to decision making time, copy the file back, overwriting the old one, then load the autosave.

All three have the same conclusion as previously where leaves show on a planet with the Normandy on it with the same people walking out as previously shown. For me, it was:
Control - Joker, Ashley (lover), Jarvik (was in squad on final attack)
Synthesis - Joker, EDI, Ashley (lover)
Destroy - Joker, Ashley (lover), Jarvik (was in squad on final attack)

After all these endings, they added new videos--all of them positive. Control is voiced by Shephered, Destory is voiced by Hackett, and Synthesis is voiced by EDI. Throughout the video, they show the aftermath of Shepherd's choice including still shots of who died. At the very end of the new videos, they show the memorial wall inside the Normady with all surviving crew (from ME3) looking at it. I think the only one that changes is EDI depending on your choice. On all three endings, it shows Anderson's name and then someone (it was the lover for me) places Shepherd's name just above Anderson's. Credits start rolling except:
-Synthetic: lover consuls EDI who is now "alive."
-Destroy: the video of what is presumably Shepherd in N7 armor inhales (sames as pre-DLC; seeing it based on readiness).

All three scroll credits then show the same video with gramps and the child as it did without DLC. You can now hit escape and skip the credits video (takes two attempts) and still see the gramps & child ending.

They also added a fourth possible ending: shoot Catalyst. He says "so be it" then it cuts to a video of Liara as a VI, warning future races about the Reapers (aka, mission failed). Credits scroll, but I didn't watch the end so I don't know if the gramps and child video shows on this one. I suspect it doesn't.

Edit: Wikipedia says that the ending video of the fourth option (kill/refuse Catalyst) says Liara's beacons allow the next cycle to defeat the Reapers.

Opinion: The fact they kept the readiness video continues to suggest to me that destroy is the solution the devs most want you to take; however, the synthesize solution is powerful as well because of EDI. Synthesize is far less repulsive to me than it was without DLC.
The autosave the game creates after beating it (before launching the assault on the Cerberus base) is sufficient to launch the Leviathon DLC, then go into the final mission which leads to the Extended Cut content. There's no reason to replay the whole game if you adequately remember what happened throughout the game.
In conclusion, you must play the Leviathon and Extended Cut DLCs to see the intending ending. Without the DLCs, the ending is a bunch of gobbly gook.

At the very end of all endings, a pop up comes up from "The Mass Effect Team" which suggests more titles in the "Mass Effect universe" are to come. I tend to believe them because the next title is often started before the last comes out. This might be why EA and Bioware went into full damage-control mode with the uproar over the ending--they got an investment to protect.

If there is a continuation of Mass Effect, I suspect they'll wipe the slate clean, pick one of the endings, add new conflict, and go from there. They might or they might not have characters return (the most likely candidate is Liara because no matter what, she is non-optional, can't die, and is in every game).

Edit: A future Mass Effect game could make Aria T'Lok playable with the objective to retake Omega from Cerberus as was was suggested in the Invasion comic.

Last edited:
System Name Grond
Processor Ryen 5 3600x PBO ~ 4.4GHz / fabric at 1900
Motherboard MSI b550 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm CPU w/ am4 mounting bracket+ 2 RX360 radiator + xspc Razor R9-290 w/ backplate
Memory 32gb Crucial Ballistix @ 3800
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 w/ XSPC Razor full cover block and backplate
Storage WD SN850 1tb-OS, SN750 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, WD blue hdd 4tb
Display(s) Samsung 23" 120hz 3d LCD w/ 3d glasses, using 'lightboost' trick
Case NZXT H630 white watercooling case
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek ALC 1200+ Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply XFX Pro 850 XXX semi-modular
Mouse Logitech G703 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries 6 v2
Software Windows 10 Pro (Had some mystery error on Win7 and decided to go W10)
Leviathan wasn't that good. In fact it was a lame attempt to retroactively validate the terrible ending to the game.
If they had spent the time, effort and manpower to rewrite the ending sequence properly instead of doing the EC DLC + Leviathan, then ME3 might have ended on a high note.

Retaking Omega with Aria is supposedly going to be DLC for ME3.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I think it was the other way around. Leviathan was started before the game launched and the reason why they couldn't vastly change the ending (they'd be throwing away the money they already invested into it).

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x

Strangely..I noticed Leviathan was mentioned in passing before the DLC was released. After getting the DLC and playing it, it was even more enjoyable.

Although I did witness the original non extend ending with a very low score, I wasn't phased either way - knowing the game/series was ending anyways.

However, glad I waited so many months to finally hunker down and play the game properly. Between Extended, Leviathan and some reading online, I got the most out of the game.

Oddly found myself saving the save file... habit I guess : )

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Man this game is really cool looking. A bit slow and a bit long winded. But it looks great. I just got the game today from my son. I like it Nothing really great just okay.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Strangely..I noticed Leviathan was mentioned in passing before the DLC was released. After getting the DLC and playing it, it was even more enjoyable.

Although I did witness the original non extend ending with a very low score, I wasn't phased either way - knowing the game/series was ending anyways.

However, glad I waited so many months to finally hunker down and play the game properly. Between Extended, Leviathan and some reading online, I got the most out of the game.

Oddly found myself saving the save file... habit I guess : )
EA has already been talking about Mass Effect 4 like it was in the works. Mass Effect 3 was supposedly the end of Shepherd's saga but they said there would be more games in the same universe.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I didn't see The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3 until now but Mac Walters definitively answered the question about the ending: it was left vague intentionally. He said "we" (meaning the Bioware team) knew what the real ending was but Casey Hudson (directory) didn't want to put it in the game because they wanted the players to decide for themselves.

Edit: Someone uploaded the video so I might as well post it:
[yt]W2E69ZbSE-8[/yt]

In hindsight, I bet Hudson regrets that decision and Walters wish he insisted on explaining more to the player.

I recommend fans of the game get The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3. I bought it on sale for $1.49 which is still available at the time of posting on Origin.

Also from The Final Hours, the name Leviathan was originally supposed to be the name of the ship Cerberus built for Commander Shepherd. People inside of Bioware insisted the Normandy returned so the Leviathan idea was scraped and Normandy SR-2 was born. Leviathan resurfaced in the DLC (obviously completely different except in name)--likely not merely a coincidence.

The old man talking to the child was voiced by none other than Buzz Aldrin himself.

The Final Hours ends by saying: "While there will definitely be more Mass Effect games and other stories told in the future, Commander Shepard's story has concluded." It continues, quoting Hudson directly, "whatever we do would likely happen before or during the events of Mass Effect 3, not after."

Last edited:
System Name Smooth-Operator
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16@CL14 DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB NITRO+
Storage 2x4TB WD HGST 7K6 7200RPM 256MB
Display(s) Samsung S24E370DL 24" IPS Freesync 75Hz
Case Fractal Design Focus G Window Blue
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe x1
Power Supply Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
Mouse Gigabyte Aorus M3
Keyboard Zalman ZM-K300M
Software Windows 10 x64 Enterprise/Ubuntu Budgie amd64
Does digital deluxe edition contain all dlcs for game?
It is nicely discounted now and i wonder if it is worth to buy and the game is worth to buy to me only with all dlcs.

Processor i7-9700
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) msi 1080
Storage Samsung SSD 850 pro 2TB+1tb hdd 7200rpm+ 1tb 970pro
Software Mageia 6 + Windows 10
No, only From Ashes and some weapons...

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Only way to get them all is via Bioware Points and, before you ask, they have never gone on sale yet. Deluxe Edition, while discounted, is the cheapest way to get some of the DLC, but not all.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
I think it's kinda strange that they didn't offer a special edition of the Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC. Just charge an appropriate price for it, but to get the trilogy cheap, then have to add all that DLC piecemeal gets so expensive it somewhat offsets what you save.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
I think it's kinda strange that they didn't offer a special edition of the Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC. Just charge an appropriate price for it, but to get the trilogy cheap, then have to add all that DLC piecemeal gets so expensive it somewhat offsets what you save.

new one is in the works using Frostbite engine and has nothing to do with Shepard.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
*cough*
On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
it's missing too much DLC. every version of the Trilogy is different. the PS3 version has Lair of the Shadow Broker but the PC version doesn't.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
it's missing too much DLC. every version of the Trilogy is different. the PS3 version has Lair of the Shadow Broker but the PC version doesn't.
LOL, I don't get your previous post Bee, should have replied with this instead. The new FB ME has nothing to do with ME3 or the trilogy.

Anyways, I agree with this post and that was my point. Every trilogy package I've seen doesn't include all the best DLC. For me that would be Shadow Broker, Omega, and Citadel.

I'd be hard pressed to even pick a fave. Shadow Broker has great level design with unique ship exterior battles, Citadel has brutally challenging battles, but I also fell in love with Aria's battle toughness, and Omega too has some tough battles, though not as tough as the fight against Shepard's clone.

System Name Grond
Processor Ryen 5 3600x PBO ~ 4.4GHz / fabric at 1900
Motherboard MSI b550 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm CPU w/ am4 mounting bracket+ 2 RX360 radiator + xspc Razor R9-290 w/ backplate
Memory 32gb Crucial Ballistix @ 3800
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 w/ XSPC Razor full cover block and backplate
Storage WD SN850 1tb-OS, SN750 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, WD blue hdd 4tb
Display(s) Samsung 23" 120hz 3d LCD w/ 3d glasses, using 'lightboost' trick
Case NZXT H630 white watercooling case
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek ALC 1200+ Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply XFX Pro 850 XXX semi-modular
Mouse Logitech G703 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries 6 v2
Software Windows 10 Pro (Had some mystery error on Win7 and decided to go W10)
Only way to get them all is via Bioware Points and, before you ask, they have never gone on sale yet. Deluxe Edition, while discounted, is the cheapest way to get some of the DLC, but not all.

Bioware points have been on sale a few times, but it's pretty rare and brief when it does happen. I snagged some on sale a long time ago.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Shadow Broker, Leviathan, Citadel, Omega, and From Ashes were the best. Citadel is undeniably the best of the best.

I attached a spreadsheet which shows the cost of all the DLCs assuming you have Deluxe Edition for ME2 (includes Cerberus Network which includes Zaeed among others) and ME3 (includes From Ashes which is 800 BP if you don't get Deluxe).

Bioware points have been on sale a few times, but it's pretty rare and brief when it does happen. I snagged some on sale a long time ago.
Three years ago is the best they can come up with (DAO Witch Hunt release):
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/16147219/3

I'm hoping they put BP on sale just before or when Mass Effect 4 (or whatever it is called) or Dragon Age Inquisition goes on sale.

Attachments

• bioware_points.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Shadow Broker, Leviathan, Citadel, Omega, and From Ashes were the best. Citadel is undeniably the best of the best.

Yeah I agree Leviathan and From Ashes should be included in a comprehensive Trilogy + DLC edition, I only mentioned my faves. I also agree Citadel is probably the best, though playing on Insane gets annoying as Vanguard or Adept.