1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The next gen of gaming consoles - PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U - Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Games' started by vawrvawerawe, Jun 18, 2013.

?

Which console would you choose?

1. Playstation 4 (PS4)

83.3%
  2. Xbox One

8.8%
  3. Wii U

7.8%
  1. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I still have my launch ps3 but the drive is dead so yea I believe that.

2. ngrj93

ngrj93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Personally I am sticking to my trusty PC. I don't think there is anything better than steam in terms of game sales at the moment. A PS4 may be cheaper as a device, but the cost of games will quickly add on to the price.

3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    Exclusives, portability, and a compact media center for my second tv. I PC game more than anything , but consoles still have their place for me.

Easy Rhino says thanks.
  4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I still have a launch Xbox 360 that I won for free from aafes during my second deployment to iraq. It was sent to them with the halo sticker theme. Only issue is that I had to replace the DVD drive but it works as is should with no RROD.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i am the same way. i have played maybe 6 games on the PS3 and I have owned it since 2007. it's main use is netflix streaming and as a bluray player.

digibucc says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  6. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    1152 shaders in the PS4 vs 768 in the Xbox One. Really though it will come down to exclusives or fanboyism, if you want best graphics you spend money on PC hardware.

7. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    kinect is 400 dollars if you want to use one with windows, they really should just make a kinectless version of the console and make it cheaper

http://www.techhive.com/article/2043157/kinect-for-xbox-one-will-be-incompatible-with-pcs.html

your a lucky man

8. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Click edit
    Click delete

KainXS says thanks.
  9. tacosRcool

tacosRcool

Thanks Received:
    PS4 ftw

10. lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    I voted for the PS4, with extreme reluctance.

The PS4 was a traditional game console, but they snuck in a few things while MS was stomping on their own tender bits. The exclusives seem like Sony has been working on software, which is a lesson that they finally learned. Their stance on the indie market is good, which again was bought by the utter failure in the previous generation.

All of this seems great, but the problem I have is that Sony is a bunch of cowards. The MS debacle showed that DRM would not be accepted, so Sony responded with cheap shots and a policy that allowed them to be superior to the draconian moves of their competition. That reeks of a company that has no convictions.

So, yeah. Sony is what I would choose if I had to have a console. On the other hand my TV is smart, my blu-ray player costs under $100, and my PC can play just about anything I really want to play. PCs may cost more, have their own downsides, and have less AAA releases. What they do have, I'm looking at you backwards compatibility, is what really interests me.

11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    Game UK pretty much just confirmed that EA's next gen titles will be $80+(USA) 54.99(UK), and I personally thought it would happen.
    it could be others also but only EA is listed for now

Xbox One games were probably going to be cheaper but since Microsoft did away with their DRM they will probably be the same price now.

http://playstationnews.game.co.uk/ps4-faq/

12. Guitar

Guitar

Thanks Received:
    Considering I pre-ordered my PS4 games on Amazon for $60 already, EA can go fuck themselves.

13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I think that's looking a bit too deep into it. Sony already had their policies in line, you make it sound like they didn't, and as soon as they seen XB1's policy flop they just came up with an opposite policy right on the spot then sat back and profited.

14. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Preordered a PS4 Launch Edition a month ago

15. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    If I had to throw away my PC and game on next gen console, PS4 would be it.

16. Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Already sold my PS3+ 20games on hdd and 33 disc games(150£) now trying to save some money for PS4 and as first game i think i will choose FF15

17. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I have one 360 in my office and one in the living room for my wife and daughter (mostly)
    I have two PS3's in my office. One is hacked, one is not.

I do have my launch ps3. It was the 20gb model that now houses a 120gb drive. The deck motor went out (after replacing the bluray laser that went out about a year after releases.

Now I hacked the unit so I wouldn't have to repair it a second time. I can just load my games on the HDD or memory stick and play them that way.

18. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    I'm not selling mine, or my 360 ftw

I am looking at FF15 though but on the FF front square has alot to prove to fans at this point because XIII and XIII-2 are easily worst than 8, 9 10, 12, and maybe even 7 and 10-2..

edit, seems like the ps3 has the same ram limitations as the xbox one(just keeping u guys updated)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013