• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The problem continues :(

Shinjion

hey guys...Some of you have helped me twice now, and sadly the problem is still at large.

Little bit of the history behind my problem; My video card like, blew up. So i got a new one, a 7800GSOC(AGP), and after that, funny things started happening. At first it was good, but then it started to slow down. SO many of you told me to get a new harddrive, so i got Rosewill RP550-2 and installed it. Since then, it's been fine. But a few days ago my PC would run Chkdsk on my second partition every time i booted, regardless of if it was a crash or just a normal reboot. My games (that are all installed on the partition it was checking) would lag extremely bad. So i finally did a /chkdsk /f X:(driveletter) via run, and it fixed something, box went away before i could read it; but since then it was fine, seemed thatr was the real problem. But now it's happening again, and anything involving my harddrive(chkdsk /r) is now taking several hours, as is any kind of scan or anything. But now its happening again. Is my harddrive defective? Do i need to dish more dough!? Or is my Video Card Defective? as always, thank you for your help in advance. :love:

Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
try new cables for your hard disc, if its not them, i'd imagine the disc itself is buggered

Shinjion

Hmm, never tried the cables..I'll do that. I'm doing a chkdsk /r right now and it moves about 4% every 5 minutes. Starting ot realy bug me :/

Shinjion

I just did a Benchmark, and it appears my video card is in 3rd out of 9(9 being the best). ...9 is a 64mb geforce 4 :( mine is a 7800GSOC

Scavar

System Name ScarredWolf(Desktop), MBlackWolf(Laptop)
Processor E6600(Desktop), T7300(Laptop)
Motherboard EVGA 680i(Desktop), IFL90(Laptop)
Cooling Akasa EVO 120(Desktop), No idea(Laptop)
Memory G Skill PI 8GB 4x2gb(Desktop), G Skill 3GB 1GB/2GB(Laptop)
Video Card(s) 8800GTS 640mb(Desktop), 8600m GT(Laptop)
Storage 3x250GB 1x500GB(Desktop), 1x320GB(Laptop)
Display(s) Acer AL2216W 22"(Desktop), 15.4"(Laptop)
Case Cosmos 1000(Desktop), PowerPro J 10:15(Laptop)
Audio Device(s) CreativeX-Fi/Z-5500(Desktop), Realtek/No idea(Laptop)
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610w(Desptop), *shrug*(Laptop)
Software Windows Vista Ultimatex64 with tweaks(Both)
Benchmark Scores I'm too lazy to benchmark anything.
That doesn't sound right at all. It sounds like your HDD is messed up though. Find another HDD if you can, take what you need off of your current HDD, if it doesn't work enough for that, try putting in a ziplock bag, wrapping iti n a towel and then putting it in the freezer for 20 or 30mins and from there trying to get the files off.

What benchmark is this? SOunds pretty old.

Shinjion

Fresh Diagnose. Some thing i pulled off of the internet. The computer isn't slow, unless i'm gaming. When i start to play any game, it's pretty slow. Oblivion is like 2FPS, as opposed to the 40 i usually get.

Shinjion

Well i installed a different video card and it appears that the 7800GSOC is defective, and i'm going to RMA it back to newegg.