• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The shortage drives me to Console

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
That's why they come up with the Game pass which is ingenious. I paid 50 bugs for CP2077 now sitting in the library Bevis my PC can't run it with Ray Tracing. With game pass I don't need to own t g e game, a bit like Netflix.

That's one thing. The other is there are far too many models out there each with different capabilities and prices. It's just too confusing and after weeks of research, I still can't figure out which is the best value to get, can you? Frustrating is that while one is good for a few titles the same card is not as good for another few titles, I mean phuck it man!

Why is it that some titles are favouring n cards while some are favouring a cards? You (nvidia&AMD) fight against each other no problem, but don't divide the gamers community for Christ sake!

Yet, some titles are exclusive to consoles and they are really darn good. I still my PC, but now I open up my hobbies to one more platforms which I see it being healthier and happy
It don't matter if it will run in amd or nivdea just if it will run on your GPU

Processor Intel Core i5-9600K
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i AIO
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 2 x 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG STRIX RX 570 4GB OC
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850W
The console is good for one thing..media and gaming which is what most people want when you want to sit down, relax and play a game that 90% works without any issues. You don't need to worry about drivers or anything as it just works.
I've been "lucky" in the pot in managing to obtain a Palit RTX 3080 and RTX 3070 FE at retail price and launch(though the palit card value was increased slightly because of supply), i've also been lucky to casually check for stock on PS5 and managed to get one in December.
An idiot friend of mine had the opportunity to secure one few months ago from shopto but he wanted digital version and not disc version. So now he is stuck waiting for stock like everyone else.
If you are looking to pick up the new generation consoles then take the opportunity when they are available at retailers to avoid waiting if you got the cash available.
The stocks for GPUs will come back i'm sure, luckily the laptop market isn't looking too bad and the new RTX laptops performance are pretty good.
I was originally targeting for PS5. In the location I'm in, there is a lottery system introduced by local distributors of PS5, so I joined it. But after watching the video about Xbox X vs PS5, I quickly changed my mind. In the video it shows that XBox Series X produces sharper and less blurry images. It could be game dependent though no prejudice. And when I was downtown asking for a PS5, was told no availability but only XBox Series X. I went home and researched for Xbox X then swiftly made the decision to get it the next day. I'm not sure if there are any left now. Afterall, the toy costs just USD 499, way cheaper than any upper class RTX or AMD cards.

To me, image quality is everything apart from plug and play functions.

well done bud "needs must as the devil drives" its a sad fact the some miner has other peoples cards and killing the planet to boot.
Quite the contrary, I should thank them for buying all the cards. The two Asian CEOs now are famous, maybe next month POTUS will summon them up at the White House. You see, the revenue both giants generate will soon exceed some pharmaceutical conglomerates'.

And because of this miner business, I'm waking up to the consoles. Before this, I also thought PC gaming was the ultimate. Now I realize I 've been wrong for years.

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
DON'T DO THAT!

That's one of the few points I'm trying to make to the crowd, don't you see?!

but why not? Its a means to an end and its still legit even though you are paying slightly inflated prices at least they arent scalpers prices like idiots trying to sell a 1050ti for £400.

Buying a pre-built then selling your old system isnt a shady practise either. Rather than have something that can just game. you can have something that can game and work. It just makes more sense to me if that was originally what you were looking for rather than giving yourself a bit of a handycap. Games will also be cheaper off steam or GoG in the long run.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
I originally targeting for PS5. In the location I'm in, there is a lottery system introduced by local distributors of PS5, so I joined it. But after watching video about Xbox X vs PS5, I quickly changed my mind. In the video it shows that XBox X produces sharper less blurry images. It could be game dependent though no prejudice. And when I was downtown asking for a ps5, was told no availability but only XBox X, I went home and research for Xbox X then swiftly made the decision to get it the next day. I'm not sure if there are any left now.

To me, image quality is everything apart from plug and play functions.

Quite the contrary, I should thank them for buying all the cards. The two Asian CEOs now are famous, maybe next month LPOTUS will summon them up at the White House. You see, the revenue both giant generate will soon exceed some pharmaceutical conglomerates.

And because of this miner business, I'm waking up to the consoles. Before this, I also thought PC gaming was the ultimate. Now I realize I 've been wrong for years.
The main reason I bought PS5 is because of the exclusives and my GF is a PS fangirl, but I don't have issue in buying Xbox if they have decent exclusives but nowadays they are released on PC so no point for me in buying one now.
There is a queuing system in place on all the retailers in the UK to get on the pre-order pages.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I agree the shortage is temporary, but nobody is sure how long this will last. I was anticipating a June to Sep 2021 timeframe when this shortage started last year, but it seems its gonna take awhile longer. For those who are not looking to play games that requires a keyboard and mouse for best experience, I feel console is the way to go. Even down the road when everything settles down and GPUs are readily available, I still think its a good investment to tide me through the GPU drought.

Visually and in performance, consoles can't beat a good GPU/ gaming PC for sure. But like you said, it just works with minimal hassles. Developers would have optimized the visuals vs performance to the best they could, instead of leaving us to try and fiddle around with it. They are however not always bug/ glitch free. One mostly just don't have to contend with issues where a Windows update will break something in game, etc. The one downside with console gaming is that we tend to pay more for the games. Even on sale, the prices I find on Xbox store tend to cost more than say Steam.
Indeed the games cost more on console, because the hardware is sold at a loss, to be made up for by game sales. Also, the latest console generation has pretty good graphics and can even do high refresh rates, so a console gamer doesn't have to feel like they're missing out. The exclusives might matter to some, too.

My 2080 SUPER that I bought in March 2020 was intended to be a temporary card until the 30xx came out, but that wasn't to be, as you can see. I was pretty lucky in that I've still got a pretty powerful card, so I'm not missing out too much on the latest generation.

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
A console will never replace PC gaming for me. Consoles always tend to get dusty after a while. I mainly buy consoles because of exclusives and I have PS3, PS4 Pro and Switch. I won't be getting next gen before more games are out, PS5 has my interrest, when Slim version launches (6nm chip in 2022). I don't want a Xbox because I can already play all the games better, cheaper with mod support and no limitations.

And overclocking? You can underclock and still beat consoles in terms of graphics and performance.. Overclocking is not needed at all anymore (never was). CPUs and GPUs boosts pretty much to it's limits today, unless you remove limiters etc. There's very little to gain (unless you mod firmwares and/or go LN2 or some crazy non 24/7 usage).

Console saves can be so tiring, you can have a game on a disc and get the same game digital for free, but the save can't be used, because game ID differs ... SO STUPID

Also games are much more expensive on console. This is how they milk you over time.

Last edited:
Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
but why not? Its a means to an end and its still legit even though you are paying slightly inflated prices at least they arent scalpers prices like idiots trying to sell a 1050ti for £400.

Buying a pre-built then selling your old system isnt a shady practise either. Rather than have something that can just game. you can have something that can game and work. It just makes more sense to me if that was originally what you were looking for rather than giving yourself a bit of a handycap. Games will also be cheaper off steam or GoG in the long run.
Maybe.
But the route doesn't work for me.

When I was a kid, my uncle said a pair of shoes priced at £50 should has £50 qualities. By the same token, a card priced at $700 should give us $700 worth of quality.

The main reason I bought PS5 is because of the exclusives and my GF is a PS fangirl, but I don't have issue in buying Xbox if they have decent exclusives but nowadays they are released on PC so no point for me in buying one now.
There is a queuing system in place on all the retailers in the UK to get on the pre-order pages.
I would have bought a PS5 had it not because of the controller being too big for my hands and it only supports up to 1440p at this point in time. Xbox Series X supports right up to 4K@60FPS. (with a few titles as exception) But on the box it clear prints 4K@60FPS. The compliance needs to be very serious relative to the local law in the region I am located. Any misleading or non-compliant information of a product will be liable to legal proceedings. So the 60FPS at native 4K resolution has to be real.

Also, the latest console generation has pretty good graphics and can even do high refresh rates
That's what attracts me to XBox Series X and I made the quickest decision to get it.

Last edited:

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
Sorry but i am old enough to not understand the new gen abbreviation :cry:

By Ip i just Know the film Ip Man ( Highly recommended )

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
When I was a kid, my uncle said a pair of shoes priced at £50 should has £50 qualities. By the same token, a card priced at $700 should not exceed $700 worth of quality.

Yeah but youre getting a lot more than just a graphics card with a new pre-built. Selling your old setup also offsets a substantial chunk of the cost.

Thats why 'job lots' and whole sale batches for old/defective electronics are popular on ebay. A lot of people buy them them salvage the ones that work, fix them up with parts pulled off defective ones then flip the newly refurbished ones back on ebay.

Sometimes you have to spend a bit more, wade through a tonne of crap to get the end result that you wanted but its the best end result.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
It's just too much, you see. That price to pay including extra time and fiddling is just too much.

Ask yourself what you originally want it for, for fun, right? And I don't feel like it. It's truly pain on the neck. So I give it up and without regrets.

As I've said, I also bought an Airpod 2 pro and that's a marvelous device BTW, only 250 bucks. Also, a cheap 4K Samsung TV only 400 bucks! The total amount of money won't be enough for a heck 3080!! And you have to like joining a lottery draw, as I said, we ain't beggars. Cash is King, with cash we can buy whatever we want, right?
Sorry matey, missed your post back there before.

Indeed, that's why there's no one right or wrong answer, it's whatever suits your budget and needs. For a non-technical gamer, a console is probably the better choice, because it just works so they don't have to face the kind of technical challenges that one does on a PC. Even very simple challenges will be too much for many people.

And yeah, all this stuff is cheaper than a 3080 at scalper prices, of course. Thing is, it's not just about being able to afford those prices, but who you're buying it off. Most of these are just private sales from some nobody on the internet that I wouldn't trust. Would you hand over $1500 to someone like that? I wouldn't, even if I had millions in the bank.

Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
And yeah, all this stuff is cheaper than a 3080 at scalper prices, of course. Thing is, it's not just about being able to afford those prices, but who you're buying it off. Most of these are just private sales from some nobody on the internet that I wouldn't trust. Would you hand over $1500 to someone like that? I wouldn't, even if I had millions in the bank.
Well said. Hope it elevates some people's thinking.

Also games are much more expensive on console. This is how they milk you over time.
I said in previous thread, but don't mind to repeat: Microsoft has introduced Game Pass, much like Origin. You paid a premium for the whole year and you're all set. Say you like playing Cyberpunk, you've got it! You like Halo Infinite, you've go it! You like Crysis Remastered, you've got it! You want Watch Dog Legion, you'ver go it! Get this: they all sum up to USD 200 if you purchase them from Steam for instance, you save quite a lot by getting the game pass instead. In additions, you've got many more which are free now. If you want RDR 2, you've to pay another 50 bucks to Steam if you play it on PC. Hope it clears things a bit for you in case you're not aware of it.

Last edited:
Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
I've new findings.

From my keen observations, AMD's FidelityFX may already been implemented inside XBox Series X/S. 52 CU, 16GB DDR6 are one of the reasons why it is so powerful. If needs to compare, it's graphical capabilities should be equal to a 6800XT. As to the PS5, its graphical performance should be equal to a 6700XT.

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
I've new findings.

From my keen observations, AMD's FidelityFX may already been implemented inside XBox Series X/S. 52 CU, 16GB DDR6 are one of the reasons why it is so powerful. If needs to compare, it's graphical capabilities should be equal to a 6800XT. As to the PS5, its graphical performance should be equal to a 6700XT.
No, no it isn't.

Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
No, no it isn't.
XBX is doing dynamic resolution scaling that's obvious. FidelityFX is in place already. DLSS looks no better than FidelityFX as evident in the video.

Good deal $499 replaces a RTX 3080 and a RX 6800XT

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
XBX is doing dynamic resolution scaling that's obvious. FidelityFX is in place already. DLSS looks no better than FidelityFX as evident in the video.

Good deal $499 replaces a RTX 3080 and a RX 6800XT
I am glad you think it is a rtx 3080 or 6800xt level of performance, but it isn't.

Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
technical aspects of it, that is for one. Just because you believe it is, it isn't. Actually, gamers nexus pointed out that the 1060 6gb is roughly the power of a PS5

Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
Then it is very interesting, as he said, it's using AMD hardware. And how ray tracing plays out?

He also said one thing very well, I love gaming, but servicing a PC is just too much trouble for me. I have other more important things to do.

So console is a good solution to me. The visuals is pretty good for me too.

But I'm very impressed by how much the XSX can do with just $499. It's really a good deal.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
Then it is very interesting, as he said, it's using AMD hardware. And how ray tracing plays out?

He also said one thing very well, I love gaming, but servicing a PC is just too much trouble for me. I have other more important things to do.

So console is a good solution to me. The visuals is pretty good for me too.

But I'm very impressed by how much the XSX can do with just $499. It's really a good deal.

that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. Back during the Win 95-97 era I was still playing SNES and I ended up getting a PS1 and N64. I didn't get as much enjoyment in PC gaming as I did with console. I still go back to playing games like Legends of Dragoon, Parasite Eve, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Dino Crisis, etc from PS1 games on emulators.

Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
I guess I was put off by what my PC performs in CP 2077 apart from this GPU shortage business.

After I've learnt how much varieties console games offer, I feel like I am in touch with another world. I just can't figure out what GPU like 3060, 3060 ti, 3070, 3080 or 6700XT, 6800XT or even 6900XT to get for which games I want to play! I'm just get confused.

With console, it is designed for those who just want to play games and needs not hardware knowledge, you don't need to. For whichever game on the shelves you choose from, we'll guarantee you 60FPS, leave the nuts and bolts for us (Microsoft / Sony / Nintendo). It's that approach which I am now looking for.

In the past, I spent more time in checking out the hardware than actually playing and enjoying games. For each PC I built and the games I threw at them, I always get MSI Afterburner up and running to check the performance, that's just not right for a gamer.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
Well enjoy, this shortage has been focusing on my Retro PC hobby, i can't get a new video card, so instead I'm buying old ones for retro rigs

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Isn't there a shortage of new generation consoles as well and scalpers are taking advantage of it?

Display(s) BenQ Ex2510
Case Cooler Master MB511
Well enjoy, this shortage has been focusing on my Retro PC hobby, i can't get a new video card, so instead I'm buying old ones for retro rigs
So pathetic. I'm really sorry for you and your wallet.

Isn't there a shortage of new generation consoles as well and scalpers are taking advantage of it?
The prices of both XBox and PS5 are fixed by Microsoft. So is SWITCH in the region I'm in.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
The prices of both XBox and PS5 are fixed by Microsoft.
Sony and Microsoft can set the MSRP, but scalpers still going to scalp unless you are lucky enough to find one.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
The prices of both XBox and PS5 are fixed by Microsoft. So is SWITCH in the region I'm in.

I checked Ebay before posting my comment and the xbox series x is being sold for around $750 and the PS5 is being sold for between $750 and $850

Granted the scalping is nowhere near as bad as gaming GPUs for PC

Last edited: