• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU Darkroom - Digital SLR and Photography Club

Disclaimer:
I am totally atheist... but I can understand how some people might perceive a very common weather phenomenon as "signs" from "something"

Picture from my balcony, I opened the door to see if still raining and ... saw this
The building is an unused church, haven't heard the bell in many months.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Disclaimer:
I am totally atheist... but I can understand how some people might perceive a very common weather phenomenon as "signs" from "something"

Picture from my balcony, I opened the door to see if still raining and ... saw this

Disclaimer:

It's clearly the activating Chronosphere from Red Alert. I comes with a sound saying: "Warning - chronosphere activated !"

I used to take strange photos a few years back but now-days unfortunately I didn't do too much expeditions in interesting places. Hopw to do some soon, until then maybe I'll post some nice things from my old archives. Like:

Last edited:

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
It's clearly the activating Chronosphere from Red Alert. I comes with a sound saying: "Warning - chronosphere activated !"

I used to take strange photos a few years back but now-days unfortunately I didn't do too much expeditions in interesting places. Hopw to do some soon, until then maybe I'll post some nice things from my old archives. Like:

View attachment 129901

Incredible colors and sky. Never again will you see clouds like that.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

View attachment 129901
I smell a phone photo in a SLR thread. Way too smeared and sharpened.

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
Incredible colors and sky. Never again will you see clouds like that.
I know this comment was about that picture with red sky, but how about this one ?

(or, the variant without cropping)

These ones aren't SLR either
... they are from my Panny G9 (Mirrorless m4/3) ^.^

The sun illuminating clouds from below at sunset ... creates absolutely incredible imagery.

But it's rare, as the cloud cover needs to end close enough to not be affected by the curvature of the Earth, if they are too many they cover the sun completely, also beyond the horizon.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Really glad I saw this thread on the front page. This amounts to sacrilege, but I've never really explored these forums too much. And I've seen there's a whole lot of incredible information and dedicated photography enthusiasts on here.
Haha, it's funny you say that... I think part of what draws me to this forum is the diversity you you get in topics. If I had to divide it up, I'd say only about 35% of all of my posts here are actually regarding tech and PC's. It's cool, just how much overlap there is with other things I'm into here. Things go in many different directions and it can be pretty fun!

Anyway, I've started my photography journey last December. Read some reviews, and jumped on a Canon EOS M-100, with which I've been very happy for the time being.

In terms of glass, I'm now rocking:
EF-M 22mm f/2
EF-S 55-250mm f/4.5 is ii
EF 50 mm f/1.8
Welcome! Look forward to seeing some of your images. This is a good place... free from all of the toxic attitudes plaguing so many of the big photog communities and groups out there. It's a great place to put yourself out there a little bit and feed the will to keep at it.

The M100 is a neat little camera. I kinda want one with the 22mm f/2 for something stealthier to take where "pro" cameras aren't allowed or I just don't want to be hassled by crazy people. I almost just bought the 22mm myself. It's a nice little lens! I just couldn't resist the allure of that amazing 32mm. That said I will probably still grab the 22mm due to my massively unhealthy buying habits :p

Also, how silly of a rule is that? Cameras like the M100 may not look like DSLR's, but they still rival them in the pictures they can take. You can still make 10x13 prints of difficult shots and nobody would know they were taken with a camera that resembles a P&S. Oh well... jokes on them I guess. It's just generally nice to have a little camera like that... draws so much less attention. When I go out with a DSLR, people either will not leave me alone or glare at me like I shouldn't be there. Strange when you consider that people use their phones to take pictures all of the time... I remember being at a park on a hill, just setting up for the sunset. I've got my camera pointed up at the sky a little bit, with a couple of people at the base of the pier below snapping pics with their phones. One actually turned around and glared at me, like somehow it was less okay for me to do what I was doing than it was for them to do what they're doing! Little did they know (and they'd have realized if they looked at where the camera was pointed,) that they weren't even in the frame! Not that it would've mattered anyway.

I've had worse encounters than that with my DSLR. Some people are truly insane and I can only wonder what they think I could possibly do to hurt anyone with my camera, short of bludgeoning someone... which honestly can be tempting...

All of it is avoidable by not using DSLR's in public though. It's so much easier that way... especially when you're new to being out in public with your camera. Mirrorless cameras are a godsend!

Right now I'm just waiting to see what they come out with next for the M line. Steadily, they're really ramping up their M cameras. They're all really nice, affordable, and easy to use cameras... I can't wait to see them refine those little things. As someone who started on a film camera and later went up to a DSLR, I gotta say... I don't think I can go back. You look at their mirrorless line and think they can't be serious cameras, but they are! They have everything you need to learn, and a bunch of things for more experienced shooters to capitalize on. It's a camera you can grow into, without ever reaching that point where it's just inferior and useless in too many ways. Always a place for a camera like the M100 in someone's kit. Hard not to like a camera that, with the right lens, will fit in a small belt pouch and yet still provide the capability on-par with an enthusiast DSLR.

So it's an interesting first choice! And probably one you won't regret. In fact, due to being in sort of a crossover zone in how you work it, it might be one of the better ones to transition away from phones with. How do you like the menus and touch screen operation? Personally, just trying out similar mirrorless ILC's in the store, I find it to be bar-none the best to just pick up and use. In a lot of ways, it works and takes pictures just like your phone does... you just get the shooting options and IQ of an advanced camera,to go along. That camera can teach you a lot!

and my personal favorite by far, a manual focus 7Artisans 35mm f/1.2. This is an incredible piece of kit, and I would recommend any EF-M toting photographers to at least try it out. Incredible value for money, and incredible, vintage-like images. Very easy to nail down the focus as well.
I've been looking at some of those 3rd party MF lenses myself, for those character shots. I'll keep my eye on that one, though I'm more interested in the 7artisans macro EF-M.

Last edited:
System Name All Ryze
Processor Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard MSI X370 Pro Carbon
Cooling Air
Memory G-skill Flare x 16GB 2400MHz
Video Card(s) MSI 1080
Storage Intel 600p NVMe 512GB for OS , 1TB WD Black and a 4TB Toshiba
Display(s) BENQ PD3200U
Case Phanteks
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750W
Mouse Logitech G403 wired
Keyboard G19
Software Win 10 Pro
System Name Storm Wrought | Blackwood (HTPC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x @stock | i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WIFI m-ITX | Some POS gigabyte board
Cooling Deepcool AK620, BQ shadow wings 3 High Spd, stock 180mm |BQ Shadow rock LP + 4x120mm Noctua redux
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x32GB 4000MHz | 2x4GB 2000MHz @1866
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Red Dragon | PNY a2000 6GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 1TB, 1TB KC3000, 850EVO 500GB, 2+8TB Seagate, LG Blu-ray | 120GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB WD red
Display(s) Samsung UJ590UDE 32" UHD monitor | LG CS 55" OLED
Case Silverstone TJ08B-E | Custom built wooden case (Aus native timbers)
Audio Device(s) Onboard, Sennheiser HD 599 cans / Logitech z163's | Edifier S2000 MKIII via toslink
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 | Corsair SF 450
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse| Some logitech one
Keyboard GMMK w/ Zelio V2 62g (78g for spacebar) tactile switches & Glorious black keycaps| Some logitech one
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Edu | Ubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores Look in the various benchmark threads
I had fun playing with my camera when I built my new rig, trying things out that I hadn't before

Attachments

• IMG_0334.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 120
System Name Storm Wrought | Blackwood (HTPC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x @stock | i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WIFI m-ITX | Some POS gigabyte board
Cooling Deepcool AK620, BQ shadow wings 3 High Spd, stock 180mm |BQ Shadow rock LP + 4x120mm Noctua redux
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x32GB 4000MHz | 2x4GB 2000MHz @1866
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Red Dragon | PNY a2000 6GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 1TB, 1TB KC3000, 850EVO 500GB, 2+8TB Seagate, LG Blu-ray | 120GB Sandisk SSD, 4TB WD red
Display(s) Samsung UJ590UDE 32" UHD monitor | LG CS 55" OLED
Case Silverstone TJ08B-E | Custom built wooden case (Aus native timbers)
Audio Device(s) Onboard, Sennheiser HD 599 cans / Logitech z163's | Edifier S2000 MKIII via toslink
Power Supply Corsair HX 750 | Corsair SF 450
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse| Some logitech one
Keyboard GMMK w/ Zelio V2 62g (78g for spacebar) tactile switches & Glorious black keycaps| Some logitech one
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Edu | Ubuntu 22.04
Benchmark Scores Look in the various benchmark threads
I picked up a 100mm macro and a 50mm f1.8, so I should be putting some new photos up after next weekend.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Good eye there. :D
I rarely have a 'rocket launcher' with me. Usually the most interesting things are taken with a standard phone cam.
The best camera in the world is the one you have with you, right? ;)

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
Friend i used to have/know had a

Zenit PhotoSniper was a weird beast of a Camera
I want one. Though here in South Florida I don't know if I'd have the balls to bring it out in public... not for fear of judgement - I could simply point it at them and chase them away. Shock and awe. It's more just fear of being shot. I've known too many people with their concealed carry permit... and I imagine that at a distance it might just look like I'm about to shoot up a place. And maybe I am...

What is that used for, really? Reconnaissance? The strap mounts make me think this is part of some kind of loadout kit.. What I'm struggling to understand is the advantage of that over something more compact. Stability? But surely there are better ways than bulking it up with a grip and a stock.

System Name All Ryze
Processor Ryzen 7 1700
Cooling Air
Video Card(s) MSI 1080
Display(s) BENQ PD3200U
Case Phanteks
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard G19
Software Win 10 Pro
A couple shots of a Juvenile hypoblemum griseum male jumping spider. 3X Magnification on the Canon MP-E65mm

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
I want one. Though here in South Florida I don't know if I'd have the balls to bring it out in public... not for fear of judgement - I could simply point it at them and chase them away. Shock and awe. It's more just fear of being shot. I've known too many people with their concealed carry permit... and I imagine that at a distance it might just look like I'm about to shoot up a place. And maybe I am...

What is that used for, really? Reconnaissance? The strap mounts make me think this is part of some kind of loadout kit.. What I'm struggling to understand is the advantage of that over something more compact. Stability? But surely there are better ways than bulking it up with a grip and a stock.

I have this friend who just got into photography, and is obsessed with [the act of] shooting film. He scored an auction Zenit camera for $50 online. Have yet to see the results of that acquisition; sadly it was not the Fotosniper.

Zenit is a Russian company that has been making proprietary cameras for quite some time. Given that context, there is nothing surprising about the existence of the Fotosniper.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have this friend who just got into photography, and is obsessed with [the act of] shooting film. He scored an auction Zenit camera for $50 online. Have yet to see the results of that acquisition; sadly it was not the Fotosniper.

Zenit is a Russian company that has been making proprietary cameras for quite some time. Given that context, there is nothing surprising about the existence of the Fotosniper.
Not so much surprise as curiosity. Clearly it is a specialty tool. I just wonder what applications that thing excels at. It's really a simple concept, but pretty unique, and clearly not a gimmick.

The other day I played a game I like to play when I'm bored and it's raining outside. You've all played it I bet... that game where you pick a random object, find/arrange your light, setup your camera and see what happens. Mine usually don't come out very interesting but there's something kind of satisfying about simplifying the parameters... you've picked your subject and 'scene'... all that's left is how it looks. Does that make sense? What I mean is there's nothing happening on a meta level. All you have are the basic ingredients for a photo and some conception of an image. You only have things like the angle, light, color, texture, shadows... I dunno, sometimes I find it kind of zen to creep around the tripod and go through them one by one. You can change the angle of the light to the object, object to camera, camera to light. You can change the type of light. How much light you gather and how you gather it. What you meter on. These all affect how light reflects off of certain things and/or how they're ultimately rendered... as well as how much light to the camera is direct and/or reflected. You can change them through simple actions and alter settings/focus/distance until all of those attributes converge.

I like to think it helps me see how different things make shots I will see later look the way they do. Just sort of putting in my own head more thoughts associated with what I'm doing. Learning a set of skills that basically comes down to a series of observations, judgement calls, and quick, serial actions. The best way for me to absorb the tasks completely is to associate conscious thoughts with each action. Think of it like... you have a goal, and then branching off is a tree of predefined actions and impasses. The more I have pre-loaded, the more accurately, efficiently, and intuitively I move through something. Just different fast-tracks that get strung together. That's how I've gotten good at sports and athletic tasks, video games, musical instruments... any skill where a flow state is often evoked. As time passes gathering more tiny bits of intel, I find myself increasingly more immersed in what I'm doing and more able to carry out more complex actions with less conscious effort... and that's because all of the decisions, movements, and relevant perceptual details needed to get through the sequence have all been condensed into strings of info/instructions that can be called with one variable for each string, rather than going through each individual link in the chain. Bringing it out in a controlled, sandbox-like environment makes it easier to distill it all. Don't always wanna think of the big picture. An image with a good gestalt to it is made that much better when you've worked out how to also make it funadmentally appealing before that stuff comes in.

That also how I piece music together... it's what allows me to piece together notes and rhythms on the fly, even in response to changes in the music. It's about finding stuff that already sounds good together so you can connect the pieces. It's how I can hear over-arching melodies in my head... thinking in words vs letters or even sentences/phrases vs words. It's like how in Tomb Raider, Lara jumps up a wall with one or two button presses, instead of a button for every painstaking movement encapsulated in that process. You wouldn't be able to do much of anything that way. Or you could, but it would be prohibitively slow and unpredictable. You need to create shortcuts for those grouped movements. How? Slow it all down... by breaking down each part of the process, integrating it into one thought particle cluser, and then tethering the clusters together. Photography can be pretty similar to music... in my mind. When you break it down, you are essentially just stitching threads of an image together. And the only limits to what you can gather are your reference points... groupings of observations and steps to resolving one of several paths... as well as data on where those paths tend to go.

Those of you who know their stuff and have a large photography skillset, think about how many decisions actually shoot right past your consciousness in the moments before taking a single shot. To do it with any consistency, you're staying on top of a lot without consciously picking-up on more than even one or two of the more major decisions. That's what I like to think I'm trying to ascertain in tiny little pieces, in everything I do.

But I'm off on a tangent. Just got to thinking about the learning process I see laid before me as I shoot. Or maybe that's just a really creative way of painting a way of passing time as something more than that. I like to think that each time I do stuff like this, it doesn't actually count for much of anything on its own, but when it comes to intuition, it adds up. Basically what I see myself as doing is prompting my mind to run predictive analysis in a more controlled way in order to train myself in all of the forms of specialized problem solving needed for better consistency in execution... by reinforcing those channels.

It's like a common theme among musicians is something along the lines, "Sometimes to learn, all you can do is play." That's also how 'finger tone' is developed. Think of how a child learns by interacting with people/things. Between fooling around and having fun, all sorts of information is transferred. People say it's bad to let yourself get stuck taking pictures at home and being lazy. But what if that's not always the worst thing you could do? Practice makes perfect, but play is vital in all things creative, as that is going to more closely resemble the state of mind you're in when you're actually putting the skills you practice to use.

Anywho... I chose my new-ish XB1 controller. Thought to myself it's not very interesting, but it has a few things going for it. A few came out alright. Playing with the diffused light of the overcast sky coming through the window. A little bit of room light. Later shots take direct light from a clear afternoon sky. Again, just playing with different types of light from different angles regarding both object and camera, trying to see where appealing textures, angles, reflections, and such are found.

I really like these two. They came out so smooth and clean with really nice colors... an effect I've come to really like for photographing things like this. Very faint light opposite to the camera (main light behind me dimmed,) counteracts just enough shadows to, with the help of wide aperture, almost completely hide the fine, sandy texture of the plastic. Most of the light gets scattered through the room before it can bounce back to subject or camera - there's a steep falloff casting a very soft spot on the subject. A 'flattening out' of the critical region followed by a sudden drop... but not quite to the point of silhouetting. I knew when I found it that it would come out cool if I metered for a dark exposure, leaving mostly the light directly hitting the subject and not much else. The power light being on helps hide how dark the rest of the shot is. My only wish was to catch more of the small light sources in the room. In the rear buttons you can see a red streak from my PC way off in the background... woulda been killer to get a couple more streaks like that.

Couldn't fully decide on the editing. I often take similar shots and try exposing/editing them slightly differently.

Tried a few different ways of going about it, but this time the camera faces the light source and the light from the source is brighter with no light source in the room. Harder highlights and shadows from essentially a cross-section of near-direct sunlight. Very defined textures, refelctions and contours. Turned off the controller to catch the reflection the logo. It was all about texture and shine. I just wish I had interestingly shaped light sources for the super-shiny buttons to pick up... like how they often do with human eyes.

One thing I will say... something I reeeaahhhllly need to stop doing to myself... is taking multiple shots at sligghhhtly different angles. All I'm really doing is triggering my OCD and sending myself spiraling into a/b/c/d'ing.

Comparatively, the scenes for both sets aren't all that different... if you looked around the room you wouldn't know the light changed significantly. It's really subtle, even though the way it plays off the subject is dramatically different. Funny how the photos can look so different and yet when you're there setting up, it's not so obvious at all how much the little things can change your finished image.

I tried some narrow-aperture shots, but they weren't nearly as good... ...and then of course I always have to do one of these...

At the end of the day, stuff like this is really simple, but its fun and I still find I learn a little. I'd rather be out taking photos most of the time, but this summer has been brutal for that. I can live with the heat, but the rain makes it a non-starter :/

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE

Honestly? Zenit's are cheap AF entry level SLR from Soviet era. Paying $50 for it so no great deal. My father had one, it's at my sister's place now. ASA/ISO dial isn't working right, at least last time she checked. The only good thing about Zenits is the M42 mount.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
It is shit indeed. Overrated crap. The quality issues as for any Soviet product.

That pistol grip is a sniper esque tool for very long range glass. So it is more stable to aim. Mostly used for recon missions, military mostly.

Just as Zeiss(DDR) Jena made few 1000mm super fugly mirror lenses... why? Border patrol.

It amazes me how people drool over crap like that sometimes.

I also have ducks...

ILCE-6500_DSC4684_20190505.jpg

Last edited:
System Name All Ryze
Processor Ryzen 7 1700
Cooling Air
Video Card(s) MSI 1080
Display(s) BENQ PD3200U
Case Phanteks
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard G19
Software Win 10 Pro
Yesterday I photographed some Maine Coons. Very difficult cats to photograph very flighty. I ended up having to photoshop out a hand from this one as his owner was holding him down haha.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
That cat wants to scratch you

System Name All Ryze
Processor Ryzen 7 1700
Cooling Air
Video Card(s) MSI 1080
Display(s) BENQ PD3200U
Case Phanteks
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard G19
Software Win 10 Pro
That cat wants to scratch you
Yeah they are very serious cats , one was growling at his owner as she was holding him in a position he didn't want to be in. It was one of the hardest shoots I have done. Working with animals is hard work.