1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    I think I won't watch it

2. Spectrum

Spectrum New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol
    i've decided to steer clear of new films... they've all been shit. paul was a HUGE disappointment after hot fuzz and shaun of the dead

3. JousteR

JousteR

Thanks Received:
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Im mainly a carp fisherman, but I like to do a bit of sea fishing when i can make it down southend

----

Anyway, Prepare for Moar E-Peen......

[​IMG]

Now all i have to do is make sure im still breathing on monday when it arrives

MilkyWay and KieX say thanks.
  5. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    TBH, I'm not really into fishing; I just go for the relaxation :laugh: I always used to take my mates and it was really noticable going from a little 4-door Clio to a 4-door Rover 214. The amount of stuff I could fit in such a little car amazed me, it was like a Tardis :laugh:

By the way, Welcome to the Clubhouse, are you new in here?

6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone has experience with Ikea warranty policy? Basically one of the leg of the table was faulty, and the sofa's leg wouldn't screw in. EZ right? Problem is the idiots I will be living with threw away the bill. Wonders if they will still let me change even if I don't have anything to back my statement up.

7. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    They have to accept bank statements and credit card bills as proof of purchase by law if I remember correctly

@freedom : hope that RAM looks as nice I'm real life as the vengeance blue, they have a seriously nice looking heatsink

Fourstaff says thanks.
  8. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Ive already got a 4Gb set of them. Personally i prefer them in the black

9. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Ok thanks. Will give it a try later.

10. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    Morning Guys!
    for the last week i have no end of grief setting up my boys computer again :banghead:

Today i think i got it sussed,for no reason at all other than being fed up with this pos computer i decided to uninstall microsoft security essentials and replace it with nod32,now the a/v wasnt flagging itself by using lots of cpu time or even lots of memory,but uninstalling it solved the 100% cpu usage 24/7 issue! :rolleyes:
    So thanks for all that had a stab at sorting it,i appreciate it.

11. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    Just a word of warning the story has bugger all to do with the actual tv programs. The G1 plot was all about energon cubes, a moral story for our times that we are using up all the fossil fuels like the transformers used up all their energon on cybertron fighting wars. So they crashed on earth and awoke in modern times and used earth to get energon. There is no all spark in the program there is the matrix of leadership which is given to the leader of the autobots. The all spark in beast machines was the transformers type of "heaven and hell" where all their life sparks go to after they die, it wasn't in any other program ever.

It all flashy CGI with little fan fare, maybe people who know nothing about Transformers will like it but for anyone whos even seen any thing of the original they will think this is nothing like it. The programs always had a moral story and it was more than just action, ultimately it was there to focus on a different character each episode to be able to sell the toy version of it, like show off its abilities and give him a little story of his own in the transformers universe. It was one massive commercial lol.

12. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
  13. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Actually, the episode "Lost and Found" referred to the AllSpark as a material object; and IIRC it was actually shown in the cartoon.
    The Wikipedia page saying that "the AllSpark as an object didn't appear until the film" is a load of boll*cks written by some spotty faced snotty nosed teenage w*nker who doesn't know what he's on about. IMO.

*waits for a TF pro to come in here and tell me different*

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  14. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Just about to submit my application to Guiness World Records :pimp:

World's longest back hair: mine's 9.3cm.

Wanted to go for world's longest nipple hair, but there's already a record for that; 15.16cm. Also wanted to do the world's longest eyelash (mine are mega-long), but the record's 6.99cm for that!!

Just a bit of random info for ya :laugh:

Done. If they accept it, I gotta go to London just to have it measured :nutkick: I got a ruler and a camera, what's wrong with that? :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Tatty please don't delete this one......

If MSE was causing that you have other issues man. Seriously I would check to see if you have an Obfuscator in your system somewhere.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148036

See the thing is an Obfuscator isn't a virus. Its a tool for viruses. What it does it scrambles your malware protection definitions into thinking a virus is safe. If MSE was running at 100% CPU time then you definitely have an issue somewhere.

Here is what I ended up doing to be safe thanks to Viper95...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic405310.html

The problem with an Obfuscator is no matter what you install after the fact it will fool it. Thats why you need to run a few that are self contained and not installed.

Tatty_One and InnocentCriminal say thanks.
  16. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    That's some crackin' advice.

:p

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i know the live-film has no relation to G1, but what annoyed me is like with Resident evil films,they use those elements which makes the franchise excellent and then ruin the name by some boring/similar stories to each film and then change it to appeal to movie fans,to make money. Also the CGI is excellent i have to admit but the plot of these films are so cheesy and weak.

18. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    no it was the same with a fresh install MM,i reckon its the mobo,but its working fine with sp3 and nod32 now...
    it was the same before mse was installed,so that argument falls flat.there is a very serious rootkit floating around atm that can withstand changing HD's etc,i dont know how or why but yes check this out:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13973805

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    SP3? You are still running XP?

20. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    this is my boys homework computer,but yes he is on xp,i've had nuff problems with it since he decided to "make it quiet" by covering all the vents in a pile of towels:rolleyes:

21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude XP is full of holes compared to 7. I suggest you upgrade.

22. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    TMM actually useful in the clubhouse :eek: This is something new.

23. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    I did think about gettin him win7,infact it runs alright with my HD in his computer,a cursory check to see if it would even run...
    He only uses it for youtube,terraria and homework so it doesnt really matter what OS he has,as long as it runs alright..which it does now.As long as he doesnt cover it with towels again he can have my old computer next week or whenever it is my parts arrive.

24. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    Well it wasn't in the original G1 series but was in the plot for the latest animated series which is finished which was loosely based on the new films, well sort of based on them. There is the "sparks" which are the think of it as soul of a transformer. They are discussed in many series, the allspark as an object like the matrix of leadership is not.

MightyMission i dunno if i would install windows 7 depends on what hardware that old pc uses, did you say you tried it on that pc?

Mailman could have just PM'd that information.

MightyMission says thanks.
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Well excuse me for trying to be helpful to EVERYONE. U Mad?