• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
So much shit happening! I understand that Middle East is rising up against dictators and people like that, but what are the British rioters doing?

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
So much shit happening! I understand that Middle East is rising up against dictators and people like that, but what are the British rioters doing?

Creating a fire sale.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Literally why are we arresting these people,they wasted people homes and stores which EVERYONE pay tax for. Putting them in prison,there wasting people tax too. Dump them on an isolated island or better yet.
Bring back capital punishment for certain criteria in crimes.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Yeah i mean we have no space in prison to keep them now,people paying tax for these people locked in.

Despite its exorbitant cost, £45,000 per prisoner per
year plus £170,000 to build and maintain each new
place, prison has a poor record for reducing
reoffending. Half of all adults and almost three quarters
of young people are reconvicted within one year of
being released. The National Audit Office estimates that
reoffending by all recent ex-prisoners costs the
taxpayer up to £13 billion a year

Doesn't that just scream out HELP!

Source Bromley Prision

I hardly think topping off people because they rioted is a good idea. Punishment doesn't fit the crime. I have a zero tolerance for capital punishment, i just dont think its right. Who are you to decide who lives and who dies?

You can fine people and make em do jail time fucking up their records but id have some do community service cleaning up the mess. I know it costs money but its called rehabilitation. Knocking people off only effects the ones that get caught, when you help a person it benefits more than one.

They are considering water cannons but there is a few that are against it, tasers can make people have a cardiac arrest but what's a bit of water going to do? Make people disperse probably. Its a much better tactic than using the Army, this country isn't a police state. You lot already used government troops to quell us Scots once upon a time.

Re offenders need more than the same of the same, a threat of death isn't going to stop serial criminals or the insane either. Cant we just copy a country with a good track record of rehabilitation and crime prevention?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
On a more positive note despite this weeks doom, gloom, being without electricity for 2 days, having 3 police cars, 1 bus, 1 Aldi supermarket, 1 jewelers, 1 hairdressers 1 postoffice, 1 carpetland burnt to the ground not even 10mins away from me and my house nearly set on fire....

(another day in Afganistan i should say...)

my Scythe Typhoons arrived not even 30mins ago & has been installed. I have to say I am totally loving these already.

coolant is 30'c at 20.7'c ambient. only problem with this set up is i can still hear the pump - the pump is louder then both the fans put together thats how fucking awesome these AP-15's are.

these fans are 10x better then the stock Antec fans that came with the Kuhler 920. at least now. the Antec and my GPUs wont be competeting on who can make the most noise when it comes to BC2. (6970s win hands down for that one)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
I hardly think topping off people because they rioted is a good idea. Punishment doesn't fit the crime. I have a zero tolerance for capital punishment, i just dont think its right. Who are you to decide who lives and who dies?

You can fine people and make em do jail time fucking up their records but id have some do community service cleaning up the mess. I know it costs money but its called rehabilitation. Knocking people off only effects the ones that get caught, when you help a person it benefits more than one.

They are considering water cannons but there is a few that are against it, tasers can make people have a cardiac arrest but what's a bit of water going to do? Make people disperse probably. Its a much better tactic than using the Army, this country isn't a police state. You lot already used government troops to quell us Scots once upon a time.

Re offenders need more than the same of the same, a threat of death isn't going to stop serial criminals or the insane either. Cant we just copy a country with a good track record of rehabilitation and crime prevention?

I'm talking in general Kieran about bringing back Capital punishment,do you really think its worth keeping a murderer who have murdered 2 or more people in prison?? They didn't learn their lesson so they continue to commit crimes. Those are the type of people deserve to go under the capital punishment.
Like i said in my post,they should legislate Capital punishment but people will have to fit in certain criteria,such as murder and rape.
You think people that murdered Mily dowler or the dude Peter Toben should be in prison?? Peter Toben murdered more than 5 girls and got away from it until recently his now in prison for life. I believe they should in an certain extent,government will be able to save money. I could state more but i can't remember them all on top of my head.
They the Conservatives wants to reduce the current prisoners sentence by 50%,because we don't have the money to keep them in prison. Now you think people would want Conservatives to be in power?? I don't think so,reduced the police service and want to reduce prison sentence is complete bull shit if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talking in general Kieran about bringing back Capital punishment,do you really think its worth keeping a murderer who have murdered 2 or more people in prison?? They didn't learn their lesson so they continue to commit crimes. Those are the type of people deserve to go under the capital punishment.
Like i said in my post,they should legislate Capital punishment but people will have to fit in certain criteria,such as murder and rape.
You think people that murdered Mily dowler or the dude Peter Toben should be in prison?? Peter Toben murdered more than 5 girls and got away from it until recently his now in prison for life. I believe they should in an certain extent,government will be able to save money. I could state more but i can't remember them all on top of my head.
They the Conservatives wants to reduce the current prisoners sentence by 50%,because we don't have the money to keep them in prison. Now you think people would want Conservatives to be in power?? I don't think so,reduced the police service and want to reduce prison sentence is complete bull shit if you ask me.

Tobins done the crimes i mean you cant get the people back getting him killed would be a case of revenge, hes like a one off i dont think there are many serial killers in Britain like him. To many people in general where getting sentenced to death and where innocent or there was doubts around the crime. People with mental health issues is another story. I dont see how a life is worth money. Cut down on the repeat criminals like the assaults or the burglars and make jail less cushty. Lots of short term sentence repeat offenders cost the state the most money.

In China you can get the death sentence for a lot of stuff, a Brit was sentenced to death for drug smuggling i think a year ago. Ah sure its a terrible crime but a death sentence? Police state or what man.

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
Police state or what man.

Would rather have a police state than a rioting state. At least I can go out to find hookers in the former.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Thing is if you look at how low some countries with corporal punishment too,the rate of crime is quite low aswell. I can't remember which country like if you steal you get one of your fingers broken or something.
In my opinion,they should bring back Corporal punishment because it may lower crime rate as people will be a lot scared of getting themselves with broken limbs.
And as for Capital punishment,that should come back but people will have to fall under certain criteria depending on the time of crime they have committed,obviously i know people got hung for something they didn't do,obviously they will need do a thorough investigation before giving capital punishment to the crime they committed,if it falls under the legislation if they reinstate it.
Edit:
Our Legal system is one of the best in the world,but we are also one of the softest one too,if we harm someone it breach the human rights act etc etc.

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
System Name Prodigy
Processor i5 2500K
Motherboard AsRock Z77e-ITX
Cooling Liquid
Memory 2x4GB Samsung LV
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 680
Storage OCZ M-SATA 120GB SSD/OCZ Petrol 120GB SSD/Intenso 240GB SSD/500GB Seagate HDD
Display(s) Samsung 32" HDTV
Case BitFenix Prodigy
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply OCZ Elite 500w
i come up with a plan years ago to ease this situation:
so parts of africa are desolate and costing billions annually in aid etc,which only goes to warlords to sell to those in need,so why not send those with 5 years+ sentences to farm the land,work will become second nature aswell as the ethic of legit money=peace of mind/no looking over the shoulder.
The knock on effects are:
less people in prison wasting tax payers money
africa gets a chance to stand on a fair footing
if the prisoners try running,well they take there own chances
human rights people will bitch
more of a chance for reform than being banged up with other criminals spouting glory stories,influencing lesser criminals into the ideology of crime pays them that dont get caught

i come up with a plan years ago to ease this situation:
so parts of africa are desolate and costing billions annually in aid etc,which only goes to warlords to sell to those in need,so why not send those with 5 years+ sentences to farm the land,work will become second nature aswell as the ethic of legit money=peace of mind/no looking over the shoulder.
The knock on effects are:
less people in prison wasting tax payers money
africa gets a chance to stand on a fair footing
if the prisoners try running,well they take there own chances
human rights people will bitch
more of a chance for reform than being banged up with other criminals spouting glory stories,influencing lesser criminals into the ideology of crime pays them that dont get caught

Pretty much what we did when we sent them to Australia and now look at that place.... damn sight better than here!

System Name Prodigy
Processor i5 2500K
Cooling Liquid
Memory 2x4GB Samsung LV
Storage OCZ M-SATA 120GB SSD/OCZ Petrol 120GB SSD/Intenso 240GB SSD/500GB Seagate HDD
Case BitFenix Prodigy
Audio Device(s) Onboard
it clearly works then!
maybe we could give a shorter sentence to whoever tops mugabe

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
I like you're thinking MM...

MM for MP!

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

regular Price £279.99!! Todays special offer £279.99!! Buy yours today while stocks last.....Wait..wut??

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Im stuck deciding if its worth taking part in a trade in scheme for a netbook. If i trade in my old laptop, i can get anywhere between £50-100. the netbook in question is gonna cost around £300ish. Comes with 1Gb DDR3 but im gonna up that to 2Gb.

My laptop has been good to me, but i think i need something with a lot lot longer battery life and im willing to forfit power for something a little more 'practical' to my current needs.

System Name Prodigy
Processor i5 2500K
Cooling Liquid
Memory 2x4GB Samsung LV
Case BitFenix Prodigy
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mighty Mission for President!
no more mashing up the residents :D
make a change and set a precedent
no more ministers that are irrelevant
Bow down boris and cameron in deference
to Mighty Mission the Dissident!

Mwahaha :roll:

Fourstaff

Staff member
Cooling Stock // Stock
Im stuck deciding if its worth taking part in a trade in scheme for a netbook. If i trade in my old laptop, i can get anywhere between £50-100. the netbook in question is gonna cost around £300ish. Comes with 1Gb DDR3 but im gonna up that to 2Gb.

Specs? If its Bobcat or better processor+graphics combo sure why not. If its Atom you are better off keeping your old laptop.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Doesn't that just scream out HELP!

Source Bromley Prision

It only does not work because generally prisons are too soft, even Cat A prisons are not what they used to be. I suggest a more labour/concentration style camp where for the sentence, offenders work like animals on just enough food, they service, produce and maintain for the tax payer, without pay and priveleges.... then at the end of it all, let's have some decent and funded resettlement programmes to actually get them into work and education...... lets see if they wanna go back as quick then!

Last edited:

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
It only does not work because generally prisons are too soft, even Cat A prisons are not what they used to be. I suggest a more labour/concentrate camp style where for the sentence, offenders work like animals on just enough food, they service, produce and maintain for the tax payer, without pay and priveleges.... then at the end of it all, let's have some decent and funded resettlement programmes to actually get them into work and education...... lets see if they wanna go back as quick then!

Exactly. However, like I posted pages ago, test 'pharmaceuticals' on the really evil crims.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro