1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    my HX1050 is a single rail.

2. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    A little late but i been busy....
    on the subject of ssd's - kingstons sata II 96gb models are available for £89 on ebuyer,not refurbs though so they come with a 3 year warranty.

3. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    I can match that look.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/kin...-230-180-mb-s-79-99-3-99-del-dabs-com/1005770

EDIT: Im still looking for a new mobile, cant seem to find a nice contract on a Samsung Galaxy SII i could get a HTC sensation but i just dont really want one.

4. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    I think i am going to get an iphone 4,the backlights gone on my old n97 and much as i love the phone my renewal is soon so it wont be any more expensive than my current tarrif.
    I reckon i could batter tham down on the price a bit if i can be bothered with all the waffle.
    I'd sooner have another of my phone but ofcourse they have long been discontinued.

About the SSD:between reading it and coming here i got the price mixed up :laugh
    It's £83.43 w/free shipping.:Kingston 96GB V+100 2.5" SATA-II SSD - Read.. | Eb...
    therefore i win :D
    by a gnats...

I just lost big though.
    I was super-glueing something back together for my kid and must have spilt some on the computer desk..
    and i just went to move my leg to write this up as i was slouching on the desk and tore my trousers :banghead:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
    MilkyWay says thanks.
  5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So I decided to go to tesco's and get some more vodka, while there I grabbed an meat feast pizza and fancied some chilli to put on top, so me being me decided to get some bad ass chilli and came across "Naga Jolokia" formerly the world's hottest chilli pepper (2007) and thought, fuck yea, I will have some of that shit..........

Fuck a duck!!!! I chopped them, then licked my fingers and my mouth burned for 20 mins, still put 2 of the fuckers on the pizza, have had one slice so far and no shit my mouth is burning hotter than the fires of hell lmao these are serious chillies for anyone who is really into spicey food, the vodka ice and diet coke is helping but really cannot forget to wash my hands before I visit the loo cause these are like nothing I have tried before lol :cry::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick:

6. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Damn man, lucky you were wearing trousers - coulda been reaaaal nasty!

Hahaha my mate was gonna rub that stuff in his eyes until he was warned about it! Now that would have been funny...

7. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Diet Coke is based on the same recipe as New Coke from the 80s, people like Diet Coke yet nearly everyone hated New Coke, AH I HATE PEOPLE why do they like Diet if New was so shit? Coca Cola Zero is just based on regular Coca Cola that's why it doesn't taste like shit even though people think its just marketing that diets for females, zero for men and young adults when its not they are different recipes.

I wonder what Crystal Pepsi and Pepsi Clear where like? NVM

8. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
  9. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Good quality multi rail PSU's have the ability to auto switch to even loads on each rail (within the maximum amperage of course), problem is there are still too many that can't and there in lies the problem as most users don't spend the big bucks on top of the line kit.

scaminatrix says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  10. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    NdMk:Naga Jolokia is some serious chili! it's bordering on whats too much for me,discomfort as opposed to that intense feelgood buzz.Dave's insanity is pretty brutal too.
    Bhut peppers are the hottest i ever tried and i don't feel camp admitting i nearly passed out :laugh:

Scam:falling asleep at the solder station the other night left me with a a 2" solder burn on my arm :rolleyes: the smell of skin burning was quite an effective alarm clock though..

11. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Quite an odd little tangent there about cola, nice man haha

Remember tab clear? lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  12. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    You either drink a can of coke or glass of coke once or twice a day or don't drink it at all.
    Any drink marketing with "zero sugar" or "diet" is all lies.

13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I take the not at all option. I very occasionaly drink carbonated drinks. when i do its when im usually eating out with friends. which doesnt happen very often.

failing that i usually have it with some whisky which is another thing i have very occasionaly

14. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    You would rarely catch me drinking carbonated drinks unless i am out eating or going out partying.
    I am indeed trying live the healthy lifestyle so i don't intake as much sugar as i do during day.
    Of course intaking too much sugar just points my effort into waste for working out hard.

15. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking Pimms + lemonade right now, no cucumber though.

16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Just a tea with 2 tetley 'strong' tea bags in it and a little milk. no sugar. for me at the moment

17. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    I used to drink a ton of tea but i heard that your not supposed to drink too much tea so i didn't drink as much but then i heard yeah drink lots of tea its good for you now i don't know what to believe.

I drank so much Coca Cola over a period of a year i got a blood test and turns out i can drink as much of that shite as i like as it did nothing to my blood sugar levels which i was surprised at. Might actually be a Vitamin D deficiency instead. Also it doesn't rot your teeth that much because it doesn't actually stay in the mouth long it just passes through the mouth, something like crisps rot your teeth more. Not that i recommend drinking soft drinks a lot but at least we don't make it with high fructose corn syrup like the yanks do.

My cousins boyfriend tried to go on a health kick a few years ago because he smokes and drinks a lot of cola (generally a lot of smokers are caffeine junkies) and drank tonnes of flavoured water instead but turns out the water was rotting his teeth :laugh:

I found Skyrim on preorder for £22.90 which i think is a decent price.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/skyrim-pc-22-90-tesco-entertainment-with-code/1006118

@FreedomEclipse - I wouldn't waste a good whisky with a mixer.

18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    For some reason John Bishop just popped into my head and said the exact same thing

you'd need to drink a lot of cola for it to seriously have an effect on your blood sugar levels. but what carbonated drinks really do asside from causing tooth decay is decrease the density of your bone marrow making (dont know if thats worded correctly) it makes your bones weaker so to speak.

and theyve said that for years,

I think tea is said to be healthier as they contain anti-oxidants which supposedly prevent heart disease, cancer and possibly a few other serious conditions.

So i have about 5 or 6 pints of the stuff a day

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  19. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    My cousin new notebook he bought for £600 from Comet,i think its best for the price he paid. If you factor build quality aswell.
    ASUS N53SV-SX606V
    intel core i5 sandy bridge
    2GB Nvidia GT540M GPU
    4GB ram
    blu ray drive
    500gb
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    not bad for a bit of mid range gaming.

Speaking of £600. I was giving my friends family some advice on laptops since their one was starting to kick the bucket. and I tried to sell them my old one to save them money as they didnt want to spend so much and all they really needed a laptop for was to watch videos online, facebook, emails typing up word documents and printing some of the documents off.

I said £170 but i was throwing in a ton of free stuff. and obviously, since i was a friend of the family its covered lifetime warranty.

and what did they do?? they ignored me compeletely, and bought a £600 laptop from PCworld without asking me or my friend whose their nephew about advice and if theyre getting value for money not only that. they took out the extra years warranty for £100. which is insulting to me as Im 100x better then PCworld and id charge them a damn sight less then what them assholes would charge. £100 only for warranty. but im not sure if the warranty covers parts and labour.

----

My friend and his family wasnt happy that they went over my head without asking him or me.

I havent seen the new laptop but from what my friend says. even his 5year old laptop boots up quicker and feels more responsive.

but there you go.

21. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    If they have kept the reciept and it wasn't long ago go tell them to get refund and cancel there £100 warrenty and say you can do better job for less or even for free because your friend/family.
    Probably slower because of the crappy stuff they have installed onto the laptop already, probably got conned into buying like an i5 or i7 sandy bridge notebook with intel HD graphics.

22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Nah. my friend asked me not to say anything. I cant tell them how to spend their money. but my old laptop did everything they wanted it to do and then some since both auntie and uncle tried it out. my friends parents are mad at them for ignoring me after i spent about 2 days trying to clear their old POS laptop from all sorts of spyware and malware. now that was a nasty peice of work. its some 5year old CompaQ Presario with a celeron and about 512mb DDR2 running XP. they musta had about 80 odd start up threads. and booting up always took around 30mins to 1hr before you could move the mouse.

it was fucking horrific i tell you that. its worse then walking into A&E on a friday night

but its cool. I still managed to get a buyer for my laptop anyway so i havent been left dissapointed or out of pocket so to speak.

I didnt charge uncle to fix his old laptop under the basis that i couldnt really fix it anyway as the registry had become totally rooted and infested with malware. I got my travel expenses paid but that was it.

I really wish i said £30 when they asked me how much lol

23. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Damn man, I thought I invented the "pint of tea/coffee" :roll: 2 tablespoons of coffee and 3 tablespoons of sugar. It's for real men only.

24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Scam, do you have about £30 for a paypal jobby?

25. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I haven't mate, sorry. I got £15 that I owe MightyMission but that's all I got until I get paid Friday. Lemme know Friday if you still need it though.

FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  26. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    rubber baby buggy bumpers