1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Where i live there is Staples next to a PC world next to a Curries where i live

i have a wonderful chair from staples and i got it for a cheap price somehow, because i miss read the price tag, told the Shop assistant the price i thought was on the price tag, and he gave me it for that price anyway and i was about 30 miles away by the time i noticed i'd made a mistake

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Its like when you give a cashier £20 to pay for groceries and he gives you 2 £10 notes back.
    Its best just to pocket the cash before the cashier can even have a second glance, grab your stuff and walkout like normal.

3. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Nah, if i noticed someone had given me too much change i'd give it back to them, not sure why, but it wouldn't feel right taking money from someone

4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    If its small change - fair enough. but if he made an error and gave me all my money back, id just keep my mouth shut.

They cashier will still get paid, the supermarkets director isnt going to suddenly die of starvation.

weather or not the cashier keeps his job after they cash up his till and find discrepancies when compared to the copy of the reciept is not my problem. They will most likely take it out of his pay anyway.

bit of a selfish way to look at it. but hey, if it was the otherway round, im sure he would do it to you.

5. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    To be fair it depends who did it, i'd probably keep my mouth shut if it was Tesco or something but if it's at the Chip Shop or another more local Establishment i'd probably give it back to them

I think it would also depend on how good a deal i think i'm getting anyway, if they are already giving me something quite cheap (This happens regularly i'm a master at saving money)then i'd probably give it back to them

6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Obviously I dont adopt the same attitude for local businesses. guy at the kebab shop usually chucks in some freebies! I only do it to big supermarkets and such

7. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    One thing you'd never correct is mistakes made by automatic computer tills or whatever they're called at the moment, if they can't even be bothered to sell me something in person then any mistakes their machine makes is entirely their fault.

EDIT:Just found this [​IMG]

8. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    self service...;)

I like it because it keeps the tards out of the line...

I used to have one dude who would give me extra drink box of humus and all the bread i wanted and STILL gave me a discount.
    I felt so bad sometimes i would refuse the discount.

Holy god tennis was epic today..

9. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    the stupidity of the machines more then makes up for the stupidity of the people being absent

'unexpected items in bagging area'
    'it's the thing I just scanned through you stupid machine'

10. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Don't forget that in shops they have signs saying "Check your change, mistakes cannot be rectified after you've left".

Works both ways.

11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    hows that SSD boss?? Im gonna need your heatware too when youve had time to try it out

12. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    I honestly think its stupid Staples is next to a PC World its like Tesco and Asda opening next to each other. Currys is owned by PC World, next to the Glasgow Staples is a PC World/Currys (in one). Would that be spelt Curries? i dunno.

Machines are never wrong its always human error. Who programs? Humans do. I mostly correct wrong change unless im away home, by then im usually to far away and lazy to care, be that ive got to little or to much change.

13. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    Really? Ive never seen a shop that has a sign or any of the employees that say that.

14. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    It must be an English thing, we are tight b*stards I suppose! They're everywhere round here.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  15. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    my chip shop has a sign to that effect except I think it says it's because the people working there are bad at maths

16. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

17. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
  18. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I dont see how you can fuck up on those machines, I've told people to their face to use the Humans if it is so fucking difficult to use

I haven't had a chance to even take it out of my bag.
    sorry about that
    Ill test it out on the weekend

I've already added the transaction, just need to add the feedback

19. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    oh I can use the machines alright it's just so much quicker to use a real person, at most supermarkets near here the self service checkouts are really slow and laggy

I refer to them as 2 items or less

20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    right. lets get the record straight....do they run a kebab shop or do they do Thai food??

21. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    they upgraded the firmware in my local tesco to allow bags to be placed before scanning to compensate for weight :)
    they are perfect now, i can finish paying in less than 2 mins :)

22. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    they run a chip shop, in fact it's the best one I know

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    meh thats cool - My friends parents used to run a chipshop too and not a chinese takeaway like most chinese tend to do when they think of opening up any sort of business.

the great thing about their chipshop was their location. they were inbetween 3 schools, one being about 10-15mins away down the road, so they had a silly amount of business.

they still wouldnt call themselves rich but they had a massive family 3 daughters and 2 sons. I think 2 of the daughters and 1 son were in uni. their parents paid for all that and my friend had just about every console in the world under his bed. even an imported Nintendo SNES. He had the first gen sega megadrive and Genisis with the X32 diskette drives and everything. parents drove around in a merc and bought their eldest son a honda Accord R-type.

after all this. the family still had money to take trips to hong kong 3 or 4 times a year - even when the fares are most expensive at non peak times.

yet my friend always denied that he was well off.

All i said to him was, Compared to him, I literally live in poverty lol

24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Souring the interwebs for hard drives. I was gonna take up Audituners offer for 2 of his WD black editions but hes just sold them :/

Samsung F3's are down in price and no longer over £200. They sit around £109 now but thats still a little high for something that used to cost £40.

gonna keep looking i guess.

25. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    Theres a Chinese takeaway that is near my cousins house and i dont know how many times that place has changed hands. The quality varies depending whos running it. I mean i had really good chicken one time but one year my mates dad got mildly sick from their grub (different people running it). Fuck knows what its called or what its like now because i just use the one on the main street round the corner.

I just won an auction for an i5 2500k for £119 + £5 postage. Not bad for second hand that says its "new" hahaha doubt its new but if it works it works. My waiting sort of paid off then i guess because a new one is around £170 depending where you shop.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  26. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Totally chuffed at the moment,

Checked randomly to see if my dead Samsung F1 was still under warranty and low and behold it was! Ive used it as a paperweight, tea coster and heatshield/heatsink for the last 2years - anything but plugging it in after it developed problems and im just totally amazed its still under warranty.

So its going for RMA tomorrow. hopefully samsung send me a F3 back *fingers crossed* I know they probably wont though.

:EDIT:

they could also 'upgrade' me to a 500Gb F3 instead. not 100% happy about losing 250Gb, but id still take it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  27. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    They might if they dont stock the F1 anymore, they are obligated to send you an alternative if they cant repair or give a like for like replacement. Didnt know the warranty on those was that long. I wonder if Samsung still fulfil warranties or if its Seagate now?

Aria are doing the 2500k for £155 on special offer but im still glad i saved a little going second hand "new" lmao.